Friday, February 11, 2011

time flies when you aint lookin -


howdy my peeoples and peeple-ettes :))  how the hell have y'all been lately?
me?  busy.  very busy.  if not busy, then i been recoverin from busy.  some days - between the busy -- and the snow and ice storms --- pain and recoverin from pain has been number one on my agenda as well.  that or trudging thru the damn pain.  today is a pain day fo-shizzle.  to the point of bein glued to the couch all morning.  and looks like for the rest of this day as well.  so far - since i had to replace my car, after soulkid wrecking it - on new years eve day -- she has not been allowed to drive the new one.  i have done well in sticking to that rule.  today?  i was forced to give in.  i was supposed to drive her to work and pick her up -- i saw no way of driving today even being close to a possibility - in my physical state -- so i offered to let her drive my car.  of course she was thrilled -- me?  ugh.  that's the only word that comes to mind.  she has been driving her dads truck since the accident - on occasion... but my car? not once, since the day i got it.  whaaaa.



so-- if you aren't on face-book?  some wonderful things have happened for-and with my child in the last few weeks.   #1?  she graduated high school!  at the ripe old age of 16 !  before all of her friends...  they were all shocked, and jealous.  they all have the rest of the year - some a whole nuther year , before they graduate!  she surprised us all :))  not only did she complete 2 years of high school in FOUR months- she did it with 'high honors' !   when that girl sets her mind to it -- she can do anything.



days after her graduation -- she was hired at her very first job -- :))  for part time -- she is packin in the hours- (5-7 hours a day!)- workin very hard. she is well liked by all - from coworkers to upper management! 

i don't have a pic of her in her uniform yet -- but i don't think i need to tell you -- she is more than adorable in it !!!  - i will get one up heah soon.  but here's a hint --




no worries -- my soulkid is a GIRL - as most of you know.  i said a hint - and thought this one was kinda fun.  :))


she got a jeep - from us - for her grad present -- but it needed a lot more work - and parts than we were aware of -- and now - to ensure it to pass emissions - it needs a trip to a mechanic for a tune up---  which the bad weather -- mainly ice -- has pushed back til tomorrow --  but it will be road worthy by monday or tuesday -- registration and all.. it's already insured.  but it will be a welcomed relief - for all three of us when that is done.  and-- i was able to full coverage on it with a low deductible for less than 40 more a year --- than it would be for liability --- gotta say that's not much considering what it could cost if she needed to replace it in the first year.  let's all hope that is NOT the case tho.  i hope she has learned her lesson at being more careful at the wheel eh.



so -- do i sound proud of this girl or what?  she has done a full 180 this passed few months.  and i gotta tell ya -- this job is the best thing that has ever happened to her -- her habit of respect at work -- has carried over to home.  i'm lovin that you know!

hmm... i was gonna tell ya 'bout my pain, and my - what i think to be a manic-spending spree -- but i shall spare ya the deets til next time :))  kinda nice of me huh?  why turn a positive post into a cry baby post?  which really wasn't gonna whine too awful much -- but ya never know -- once i get on a roll - ya never know what ya might get -- :))

so.  things are actually goin pretty well overall around here.  i sure hope y'all are doin well in your worlds too!?

tell me bout it eh--  wussup?

happy friday peeps!
:~))

12 comments:

JY69 said...

Lovely pics and congrats once again to Soulkid!

SOUL said...

thanks me gecko sistah -- i was ust thinkin bout you :)) still psychic i see --

Kristy said...

It is nice to hear you busy with life and fighting the pain. I know at this time of the winter the mania starts to creep up on me also. You have so much to be proud of with that lovely soul-kid. Your baby is a young lady now with a future. Be proud it is hard to get a teen-ager to do anything or turn out decent now a days. Hope you will update more. I love hearing even if it is what you call cry baby post. Because , your never a cry-baby on here.
Oh that damm sad lamp set me more off than I thought it could. It is just like an anti-depressant. BOOM. I disconitued it.

Brenda said...

Way to go Soul Kid!! I know Momma and Poppa are so proud!

Angie Weid said...

CONGRATS!! Good to hear all the fabulous news!!

ethelmaepotter! said...

Whew! What a whirlwind - even though I'm on facebook, I just don't go there regularly enough to know what's going on, so this is all news to me!

Yeah, you have every right to be VERY VERY VERY proud of Soulkid! And I hope she appreciates - no, I KNOW she appreciates the jeep - what a great gift! Somehow, a jeep sounds just right for her.
You probably shouldn't tell her this - I think Soulkid is downright beautiful - she has a - this is the part you might not want to tell - she has a 40's movie star glam look - like a big star playing the all-American girl next door!

As for your pain - so sorry. You know that I know how bad it is, and how some days you just want to give up. I'm home early from work tonght - again, because I just couldn't take the pain anymore. Lucky for me, Dept of Labor has finally accepted my condition as work related and I see a new doctor next week - I am soooooo ready for this all to be over!

Glad to see you back, and give Soulkid a big congratulations from me!

Donna said...

Congratulations on your daughter's graduation and new job! I hope you get to feeling better.

I've been busy with working my little butt off (haha, my BIG butt is still there though), stashing the extra cash for our wild and wooly vacations.

Cheryl said...

I'm really glad to hear life is good. If only the pain wasn't part of it. But you deal with it because what else can you do?

I sure do wish my girl had a job. She's trying.

Debbie said...

Things are just really turning around everywhere aren't they?? All good things :) I'm so happy for all of you!

I'm doing about the same. Busy, then not...repeat.

David and I have settled into somewhat a routine for now. In March, he starts working nights.Ugh. No clue how that's going to work.

I love both your vehicles and you MB Ethel ♥

Raine said...

COngratulations on everything. I am happy that things are going so well. Now if you can just get your pain managed life will be good....I will wish that for you

Donna said...

I bet you Are proud of her! Congratulations!
Like the New car too!
Happy weekend!
hughugs

Oldy said...

Update hawg!!

love me