Wednesday, February 23, 2011

i smell onions-- and other dumb stuff in my world

it's true.  the damn rat -- i mean ground hog was right.  spring is about to sprung.  know how i know?  cuz i smell onions!  i mentioned this just before spring time last year too.  some might remember?  i had no clue why i smelled onions every time i walked outside .. until my neighbor told me.  it's wild onion - seed- or blossoms- or some such thing - blowin in the wind , then growing near by.   weird part?  i was just lookin - on google - for a pic of some to show you .. cuz i have yet to see any of the mysterious onions with the strong enough to knock ya down smell.  who knew there were so many varieties of a wild onion???  here's a few i found...


this is the kind i was lookin for --


not this --


or this ---

or any of the other 'flower lookin' ones i found online today.  i been lookin for a dang onion!  more like the top pic.  ugh.

anyhow---  sorry folks.  i have recently had a few folks check in on me.  so i figured i better get my butt in here and let y'all know i'm not smellin onions from under ground --- nope - i am still alive.  just not online a whole lot.

not much explanation to that is there?  just been doin other things.  nothin personal folks -- i've missed all of ya -- hopefully i can get to catchin up -- ehem.. shaddup -- i know i say that all the time -- sometimes it happens.  it won't be today tho -- lots to do -- actually OUT of the house.  i been out a lot lately actually.  surprised even me.  i think i'm back to hibernating tho. last couple days, i've hardly moved.  bleh.  no worries.  just a speed-bump.
i hope.  i was runnin 150 MPH this last month or so.  then .. whamo-- what happened?

i'm sure gettin out today will help.

i'll catchyall latah

hope all is well with y'all-

12 comments:

ethelmaepotter! said...

Take some well-deserved time for yourself. As for those onions - I had no idea! I thought they all looked like the top pic, too!

SOUL said...

i'm still sittin on my ass EM . i have been productive tho-- paid bills -- all the ones for this pay period -- some in advance .. i had a scary overdraw mistake in my bank -- luckily it was my fuzzy math -- but for a couple hours, i thought i was gonna be hockin some stuff to get a quick 800 dollars ! you know i was about to have a stroke. almost more-so when i found out it was a mistake. mood swing anybody? phew. don't want that to happen again.

also some other biness stuff you don't wanna hear about- but it's stuff i been puttin off . for a LONG time.


anyhow-- the onions... what a happy surprise .. have a look on google images. there's so many different ones. i had no clue. i thought there was green onions -- and white, yellow, and purple. period. things ya learn on google.

welp -- i'm thinkin bout goin out for a way over due hair cut . need some smokes too -- that'll be good motivation to at least go 'somewhere'. the appointment across town got canceled.

so --- i do hope things are goin well in your world -- and also goin your way!

happy humpday!

JY69 said...

Nice to see you around... heh heh... don't know what a wild onion looks like, but yeah it's been really spring-like here too. Raining today though.. :(

Josie Two Shoes said...

Smelling onions brought back another memory for me... when I worked for the Chamber of Commerce and we once gave out gift bags to members, filled with promo items from local businesses. Included was a small bag of onion sets from the nursery. One lady later told us that she had left her gift bag in the trunk of her car for a few weeks and kept wondering where that strong smell of onions was coming from! :-)

Glad to see you posting, Soul Sis, I worry about you when you are too quiet. Glad to know you've been getting out and about in this beautiful weather!

Cheryl said...

Those wild onions are like weeds. It's always fun to see if you can pull the bulb out of the ground along with the tops when you're weeding. The picture with the purple flower is a chive, I believe. And that's all I know about onions.

Lunch at Pei Wei with my coupon today. Yum!

Raine said...

its good to see you posting. I miss being able to hit your page and read something new from you

Blur Ting said...

Are the wild ones edible?

Debbie said...

Green onions. I have a gazillion popping up. Just like yours. They say that if you check the Farmer's Almanac, it will tell you the days to mow them so they won't come back. I've never had any success.

I don't worry when I don't hear from you. We are alike. It means we're taking care of business and can only think of one thing at a time LOL

I still think of you MB even tho I don't "see" you!! ((Hugs))

JY69 said...

OK. Posting here cuz I dont have your email address... dunno why...
anyways, we're all fine. It shook quite a long time here, but not as bad as it is up north. They bore the brunt of an 8.8 earthquake. Fires are burning away in town up north and other towns wiped out by giant tsunamis! So yeah, we're good here. Thanks for worrying about me Soul Sis!

SOUL said...

holy hell gecko -- SO SO GOOD to hear from you!!!! thanks for getin back so fast ! if you haven't already - you shouldfacebook that you're alright. we love you girl. it's so not good to make me worry.
i love you -- don't do this to me. my prayers are with you-- and of course all of those out there...

i cannaot believe how big your lil coffee bean is gettin. i watched that baby grow up ya know. you have done a wonderful job with her ya know.

biggest gecko hugs ever T -- so happy y'all are safe!
b

JY69 said...

Soul tks! Tks for worrying! Baby Bean is big... 4th grader! Times really flies. Your soul kid graduated too... *sigh* we're just gettin older...

SOUL said...

we sure are -- but isn't it somethin watchin watchin our girls grow up too? mine just had her 17th birthday !!! phew! talk about gettin old.
keep in close touch with me k-- email is
soulmange@yahoo.com