want to see it?
here we have the chicken tortellini soup- with fresh veggies
here is vanilla bean ice cream, strawberry slices, a rice crispy treat, covered in melted chocolate
it was much appreciated -- and beat the hell out of caned chicken noodle!
i used this recipe ---
California Chicken Soup
- 1 (48 fluid ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring the broth and water to a boil in a large pot, and mix in chicken, onion, and carrots. Season with lemon pepper, oregano, and garlic salt. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 25 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
- Stir the broccoli into the pot, and cook 10 minutes. Stir in the tortellini, and continue cooking 10 minutes, or until tortellini is al dente. Mix in the Paremsan cheese just before serving.
but of course i tweaked the seasoning - and used a lot more. -- it was a lot better than some of the reviews show on the original recipe. - most saying it was bland.. i used
'refrigerated 3 cheese tortellini' - nevre al dente - that is raw to me -- i cook my pasta , also i used 'powdered chicken bouillon', used a bit more spice than called for, added lemon juice,and rather than dried oregano i used fresh basil.
it was a hit !!! and i must say -- i had some for lunch today -- and it's even better the second time around!!!
so -- a sick valentine - doesn't mean no valentine