Wednesday, February 2, 2011

procrasti-soul is at it again

howdy folks-- what's up in y'alls worlds?  whatever it is , i hope you're not freezin to death !  here's what i woke up to this morning---  very much like yesterday morning -- except colder.  y'all know how much i love the cold don't ya???  i can't believe that only four days ago we hit 70 degrees!!!  i was in my own heaven - sittin on the edge of the pond fishin'.  y'all know that's when i'm my most content.  my happiest.  doin what i love, fishin in the warm sunshine -- without wind - or cold.  even though i didn't catch a thing -- i didn't care -- i didn't even try very hard.  i was in my happy place.
this last couple days?  i am in my true hell.  have a look ----





this is my most huge contempt in my world.  it makes me hateful, and it hurts me all over-- physically.  i cannot, and refuse to drive or go outside in this stuff.  there's an inch of ice on the roads.  the wind chill/ feels like is 4 !! actual temp? around 14 !!  yup i'm in hell !!!!  this is texas folks ! this just isn't supposed to happen here.  oh- and to make matters worse?  rolling blackouts !!  HERE? in the worst ice and snow we've had in maybe years -- they decide to -- without warning -- start freakin - "rotating power outages"  :((  they are 'supposedto last 15 minutes -- some have reported them as long as two hours.  the 'DART' system.. a train that runs in dalls - like a trolley on tracks kinda... was stranded in this freezin weather -  for over two hours due to power loss !  no warning -- it just shut down in transit - with passengers.  freezing!  my microwave and oven must be on some kind of -- somethin-- cuz i can't re-set em.  am i pissed?  umm you know it.  i'm only gonna get worse if it happens again.  if i end up freezin in my own house?   oooooh  --- someones gonna hear from me.  i know they won't care--- but i'll feel better :))

and ! they say stupid groundhog paxatuxy puke -- yeh i know-- i forgot his name --- but he predicted an early spring?  HA!  lets not celebrate too soon shall we?

so.  ya wanna know where soulkid got a job ehh?

Sonic.  i think it's an alright first job.  she will be a roller-skating car-hop... after two weeks training.  i told her she better get down to the skating rink and get to practicing !  she hasn't skated since she was -- maybe 12!  wish her much luck!

my house is almost finished -- but each day that passes - i get more and more slow-- ok-- exhausted and sore. (i'm sure the weather isn't helpin any ) -  we have made a ton of head-way in here .. and soulkid has been bustin her ass upstairs... but seriously?  with my limitations?  i have passed them all - like two days ago.  i last a lot less workin durin the day.  the first couple i was workin maybe 5 or 6 hours -- runnin like a freight train.. by yesterday?  i was lucky if i worked two hours.  i hope i can push through a little more than that today -- if i can , i might get all finished.  there's very little left to do.  i hope i finish, without collapsing.  that has happened in the past when i've pushed myself too far.

anyhow --- if i forgot anything - lemmee kow- and i'll cover it in the comments .

happy days to y'all in your worlds--
surprisingly, my mood has been great -- it's just my body that's havin a tough time here and  God made drugs for that :))

4 comments:

Kristy said...

I would be crabby also if I lived in texas and the weather was bad. Where I live it is what they would consider severe weather in the states. It is just life here. Even though it was a little to cold the other day -20F.
Maybe you need a break and have some fun from all the housecleaning so you don't burn yourself out. I know I have been in a lot of pain lately and it is exhausting to get anything done. Take a lot of breaks and drink plenty of water. I know a heating pad really helps me when my bones and muscles need to get moving. You sound real well. It was fun yesterday playing on pity day. It comes easy to me (lol) Also, that is great about soulkid. Hope the weather gets better for you. Before you know it spring will be here. Also, think about all the stuff you have done around the house. The last little bit always seems the hardest.

Debbie said...

I agree. You sound good. Aggravated with the cold (like 100 million others) but GOOD! And it's Phil. Phil in PA. I want Spring too!!

I'm so glad you're making progress and thrilled to be hearing such happy things from SOUL!!!

I'm up and down and all over. You know the drill LOL

Love ya MB!!

Mary said...

Glad you're almost done with the work. I wish I could say the same. Try to stay warm. Everything hurts more in cold weather- maybe spring will come along sometime.

Josie Two Shoes said...

I am so with you on the cold and snow, Soul. This is why I live in the Southwest... I like the warm! So what the hell is this stuff doing here?? The good part is we can count down a few days to warmer weather, my family and friends up north are looking at weeks and weeks more of sub-zero temps and more and more snow. I pity them, they should migrate! :-)

I'm sorry you are wearin' yourself out with the housework, I do that too, and I so love how it looks in the end all shiny and in order, but yes, the price comes high. I hope you'll soon be able to park in a chair and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Three cheers to SoulKid for joining the work world. Nothing teaches kids the value of money more than earning their own and seeing how far it does/doesn't go. I am proud of her for getting out the and finding a job. It's a start!