Sunday, January 30, 2011

i've been skewered.....



stick me with a fork... i am soooo done.  burnt.  fried.   toast. i wish i could say i was 'finished'.  but that is not the case.  i still have tons to do, but this body of mine sure is sore, and done. kaput. finito. ruined. wrecked belly-up, burned out, wiped out  ... ok - i'll stop.   but i am DONE.  stick a fork in me - done.  BLEH....

i did get a chance to go outside and play a little the other day.  the sun was shining, it was a beautiful day out, so i went fishin.  i didn't catch anything, but it was still just nice to be outside for a while in the fresh air and sunshine for a couple hours.  i didn't really try very hard to catch anything, it was fun just to be by the water in my kind of weather.

yesterday though, soulman had to go pick up a few things, and on his way home he made a pit stop at 'his' pond....  he put forth more effort than i did, aside from bein at a different body of water --- and looky what he dragged in --  dawg.  :))  -- that's his size 13 shoe next to it ---



                                                          i was only a little jealous :))


tomorrow is supposed to be another real nice weather day -- high 60's.  i'm hopin we can take a few minutes and enjoy some of it... otherwise, it's another kill ourselves around here day.  we're makin progress -- spring cleaning , purging stuff on out of here, - soulman built a dining table -- kinda -- i'll show ya next time,  just a lot of work goin on.  i'm only good for a few hours in the morning - then i'm ruined by 3 or so.  but we're gettin there. 

be good peoples -

4 comments:

Brenda said...

You make me feel about 3 kinds of lazy with all that you manage to get done in the run of a day. I hope your week is a good un!

Josie Two Shoes said...

I loved that you took time to enjoy a little fishin in the sunshine Soul Sis... it's the best medicine for you in the world. Congrats to Soul Man on the big fishy. yours is still out there waiting,and you'll be back for him!
Every bit of housework that you do get accomplished is awesome, same for me. We'll celebrate what we do manage, and to hell with the rest! :-) Love you, have a good week ahead!

RiverPoet said...

It's still too cold here for spring cleaning - brr! But I have my work cut out for me on the first warm weekend (still months away). Between the ex and my brother, my garage is stuff with man junk. They can either get it outta there or it's being donated. Period!

Love ya - D

Debbie said...

So behind on blog reading....

I wish I could go to the lake and watch you fish and just talk and talk. Wouldn't that be fun?

Coffee, smoke, talk. Would be good.