Thursday, August 27, 2009



well, i remembered by vals comment that pawn shops do take your thumb-print when ya pawn somethin out here... so i called the detective this morning and asked him about that. know what he said? "not anymore." isn't that just my luck? why would they just stop doin that? to save a few pennies on ink? whaddabuncha crap!
he also told me that when he got a copy of the theifs drivers license-- it was only a copy of his photo --- not including his signature. tell me-- why would a "detective" not get get a complete copy of a persons drivers license in a robbery??? i gotta say -- i'm just gettin more pissed off by the day. because every day this stuff just seems more in the toilet than before. i am at a point now that i am ready to handle it myself. i talked to the detective today, and he was placed on a felony case. i have no idea of what type.. but in a town the size of mine---- my little piddly-- to them-- robbery of some jewelry -- is certainly, not that it ever was-- but now it will never b -- their priority. anyhow--- it looks as though it is up to me. and i think i can get something done much quicker anyhow. but of course, that depends on one thing. and i don't know if that's even possible. i have to see if the detective-- or the pawn shop-- will give me a copy of the pawn ticket. if i get that, i will have a copy of his signature--- once i have that--- i already know there's no gettin a copy of his drivers license-- not by me anyhow-- but i -- or soulman-- could at least have the bossman at the moving company check his job application for the signature... if they match-- i have my case. i get a copy of the application, take it to the detective-- and whenever the new deal he is now working on is over-- he can go arrest this bastard who stole my shit. ummm, stuff.
that-- or soulman can go and kick his ass. not the cop-- the thief.
i refuse to just sit here and do nothing. i just do. i'm sick of being taken. it's just bullshit. y'all just have no idea how many times people have robbed me. it makes me think of michael douglas in that movie "falling down". someday i'm just gonna snap like that -- and go vigilante bitch on everybody, just because of some small thing.
hmmm. ok, i won't. but i wish i could.



anyhow.
we went and saw this movie last night -
"Julie And Julia" -


it was so good. i absolutely loved it. of course it coulda been better. and if i woulda wrote it i woulda tweeked it here or there. but i liked it. we all did. even soulman. and that's sayin somethin, for him to like a "chick flick". :))
it couldn't have been better for me.. i mean, i like to cook, i like to write... it even has blogging in it. :)) it was just good. " two thumbs up" go see it.
"Bon Appetite"


i also rented on that we haven't watched yet-- but i hope it's good. it has that girl up there in it-- 'Amy Adams'. it's called "Sunshine Cleaning" - about two sisters who start up a crime scene clean-up business. one of those 'tear jerker-comedies'.
how they pull that off, i do not know, but i bet it will be good. i will let ya know.

so anyhow-- i'm done with my ciggie break i reckon... back to work for me.

have happy days out there y'all.


9 comments:

Golden To Silver Val said...

Good luck on your endeavors. I hope the moving company will cooperate with you in sharing his signature. If not, maybe you can obtain it by requesting it under the Freedom of Information Act. (FOIA). If this clown has ever been arrested before his signature will be on his fingerprint card. I just can't get it through my head why the pawnshops are not required to take any sort of ID when giving money out for valuables, which is 75% likely that its stolen merchandise. Sometimes it seems like the laws are made for the convenience of the crooks and lowlifes. Any way you can visit some of these pawnshops in the area of the one he did visit and just have a look around at what they have to offer??...you may recognize some of your stuff. If you do...don't leave the premises...call the police and stand right there and watch your item/s until they arrive. Otherwise they will disappear and be melted down. (can you tell that I don't trust pawnshops) You should do it right away as they only keep that gold for so long before they pull the stones out and melt it. Good Luck...keeping my fingers crossed that you may find something more...but at the very least, that you can get enough on this creep to prosecute.

Mary said...

I could never understand how pawn shops continue to operate with what amounts to police protection.
Nothing says sleeze to me more than "pawn shop" In my opinion they are right up there with organized crime.

I'm so sorry that this happened. Just when you should be enjoying your new home and all that goes with it - this has to spoil your happiness. Sucks, big time!!!!

Smocha said...

Mem'ries oh so beautiful and yet.....


LOL Oh pawn shops DO remind me of your mother. :)

I can't respond to serious stuff right now. But I shall tomorrow.


Remember the coconut pie pawn shop indecent?


Love me

Jamie said...

I hope you CAN get somewhere with all of this, it just isn't right. One thing's for sure, if YOU or I were stealing anything, they WOULD find the time to prosecute...

It's Friday, and that's a good thing!

xo

SOUL said...

charlotte this a-hole has a record--- for THEFT. hmmm. i'm not surprised. how he got a job in the moving business i have no clue. he must've known someone. who in their right mind hires a theif to pack peoples LIVES???

i haven't done anything else on this yet. need to cool my jets a little first. i'm just angry right now. too angry maybe-- at least to be talkin to people about this kinda thing. in a business manner anyhow. ya know? i think i need to wait a couple days.
or maybe i just need to let it go.
cut my losses and consider myself "ziggy".
i know some drug dealer or whore has my stuff by now. i couldn't get it back if i paid the guy.
and there is NO justice.
i think we all know that.
me playing cop will only get me in trouble.
it just sucks. and it's gonna take a long time to get over this.

one thing that me and soulkid have done for YEARS, that was fun for her and me both, was to sit together and go through all of my jewelry together, and i would tell her the story behind it.

i could just scream.
maybe i will.
that or cry.
i haven't really done either yet.
maybe i should.
love ya C-

have a great day-

SOUL said...

hi mary--
good to see you-
i take it this means you feel well enough to be sitting up at least? that's good. i'm thinkin of you lots my LBF. i know you will be ok... but i know you will go through hell to get there too-- and i feel for ya.

anyhow---
organized crime? i had to laugh-- but thanks for defending me. i need defending sometimes.

but i've had my share of trips to the pawnshop in my day. just something that had to be done at the time. i must say-- as horrible as it felt to do that-- i was grateful that i had that option-- rather than selling my blood, or panhandling... ya know?

bein po' just aint no fun. so they do take legit stuff-- and legit folks do use em when they need to.

but yeh, it sucks to robbed , and not backed up in some way by the damn pawn shop-- and it is like they cover for the thieves-- and maybe they do-- i think you're right-- that's obviously the first place they go with "the goods".. right?

anyhow-- i gotta run the child to school-- can you believe school doesn't start til 9:05 this year???
wow. gets out at 335. that's a dream schedule.

k... i'll be back.

hugz lady
take care of yourself-- or make hary do that--

SOUL said...

so what's up in your world smocha---
why so serious?
re-send your ticket-- i lost the damn thing again.
i reckon you would need my new address too if your still coming???
are you?
i do need to know these things .

i do remember the pie thing. that was so damn funny. i feel like i posted about that, once upon a time-- maybe not. maybe i will again.. or just maybe i will, if i haven't.

ugh.. i'm so scatter brained today--- i left for school this morning-- and left my garage wide open, and the door unlocked--- i'm brilliant in every way.

SOUL said...

jamie i do too-- but i doubt i will.
nothing ever works out in my favor-- you surely know that much by now.

at least not things like this.

and mary is right-- this does take so much out of the good of what should be felt in getting the house and all that stuff.

call me a whaaaaambulance, would ya?
ox

happy weekend --- you make time to see that baby-- that's an order... :))

Cheryl said...

I loved that movie too.

I hope you get your stuff back. Don't know if it's possible. You'll still have the memories of sitting on the floor with Soulkid, even if you no longer have the jewelery. It's really sad and unfair.