Friday, August 28, 2009

stuff , stuff and more random babbling


the pic below is of a t-shirt i bought extremely spontaneously while school shopping with soulkid the other day. last weekend or so, whenever the final day of school shopping was. i don't even remember what i was doing-- prolly just speaking. or moving. who knows? but she blurts out, "mom, stopit, you're embarrassing me"!
haha! that just made me laugh , because when angie was here we were laughing about that very thing-- our kids being embarrassed by our very existance.


anyhow--- yep-- there i was, mindin my own business, spendin my damn money on the girl, actually thinking we were havin an ok time, when she says i embarrass her. at that very moment, i look up, (yes, for some reason, i look down much of the time when i walk)-- but what do i see when i look up??? i see a t-shirt booth in the aisle of the mall. hanging in the t-shirt booth , what is the very first thing i notice? that shirt! wana see it again? ok ....


y'all just KNOW i had to get it. i just couldn't not.
so i did. and i wasted NO time in puttin it on either.
she was in hollister or somethin like it right next to the booth i got the shirt at--
so i go right in there, and into a changing room... and put it on. :))
i come bee boppin out and there she was... she couldn't help but to smile.
she loves me.
embarrassing or not.
she does.
it took her a few days... but she did admit-- she thought it was funny.

well---- UNTIL....
the other night when we went to see the movie-( julie and julia)
we went to dinner first--
:))
i had THREE people comment on my shirt.
she threatened to burn it !
i love it.
i think i will wear it to her first parent teacher thing-- if they have one .
or something. wherever there will be a bunch of kids .
soulman said he was gonna get one too-
a coolest dad shirt.
i can just see her now.


what's the most embarrassing thing your mom or dad did to you when you were a teenager?

i could use a laugh today.....

anyhow----
busy morning-- but i am not really accomplishing much--
i hate it when that happens.

hope y'all have happy weekends---

i'm hoping to get some fishin in.
and some hangin of stuff on my walls.

what are yeeewwwww doin?

8 comments:

JLee said...

hehe...I like that shirt ;)
My mom was always embarrassing us, so it's hard to recall ONE thing. lol Have a great weekend!

SOUL said...

me too -- hard to pick just one-- :))

hope your kid had a good first week at school--- with no "perve attacks" . ?

happy weekend to you too

Cheryl said...

My daughter would not have a sense of humor if she ever saw me in that shirt. You're lucky!!!

SOUL said...

cheryl---
just cuz she's a fuddy duddy, i think she needs a lesson ! :))
next time i hit the mall, i'm gettin you one just like it --- ifi see one. you know how those places are there one week and gone the next? but if i see it-- it's yours.. LOL.
she'll just have to learn to laugh at herself... and you.
trust me.. if soulkid can, yours can teeeewwwww.
happy weekend !

Angie Weid said...

Geez! Will you stop it! You are totally embarrassing me.

SOUL said...

hey ang-- that's cuz it's my job you know---
to embarrass everyone i associate with !!!
:))

have a rockin weekend!

bonnie said...

I LOVE the shirt. You absolutely MUST wear it to the parent teacher thing...or to "back to school night." speaking of broken dryers... when we finished our basement, the contractor bought us a broken toilet. You have to take the back off and fix it every time you pee.

Donna said...

Cool shirt!!! And don't you dare wear it to her parent-teacher thingy...Hahahahahaa....gads girl, I needed a good laugh today and got it when I clicked on my comments and you left the message about my little Sheila, blog guard dog....being a bit creepy...I looked over at her and she chose that moment to smile....my coffee went everywhere...LOLOLOLOLHahahahaaaa......Hubby had to come check on me!!!lolololo....ahhhhgods.......thanks......((((HUG))))