Tuesday, May 13, 2008

how people think in a bind

well well well....
thank God yesterday is OVAH!
it was horrible for me, but it is gone. and i am glad of that.


i don't feel so horrible today, and i will not whine today. i hate to do that-- for me , and especially y'all. it really was a bad day tho. ugh.

anyhow.. part of what i was gonna continue with yesterday, was just that on sunday as i was out, on my way home from my shopping hell. i had witnessed a car wreck. it wasn't terrible or anything. more of a fender bender, but it coulda been worse. i was pullin into the wal mart parking lot, and i saw a car coming out, onto the main road. i could tell he wasn't gonna stop.. i just knew he was gonna blow the stop sign, and go into traffic...i looked into my rear view mirror, and damned if he didn't do just that! what happened? he got T-boned! sure enough. (at 35-40 mph ) i almost didn't stop. but i couldn't not..no one else did. so i parked and walked over there. he was just kinda pacing around.. he was near 30 i guess.. but the lady in the car? had to be 65-70-ish. she was just sittin there , crying, with her hands over her face-- APOLOGIZING.
first, i asked the guy-- is she ok.. he says "ya, I"M ok".. i said , NO is SHE ok.again he says "ya I"M ok".. good LORD..
that's when i checked her.. before i got her out of the car, i of course asked about her neck and back etc.. she said that was all ok, she just had some air bag bruises..so i walked her to my car and let her sit there til the cops and ambulance got there. i noticed a pack of smokes in her purse , so let her smoke. lord knows i woulda needed one-or ten! i asked if she was married.. she was.. so had her call her husband--- she was too hysterical to talk, so i just had her give me his number and i talked to him... holy crap the guy was an asshole. he sounded pissed off that she got in a wreck ! didn't even ask if she was ok. said he didn't know where the location i gave him was..and sounded like he didn't even care, and wasn't gonna come at all. after i gave himj the location, i hung up--he didnt even ask to talk to her !!!
when the ambulance and cops came , she was gonna go in the ambulance so she called to tell him where they were gonna take her-- she APOLOGIZED to him for gettin in a wreck! i heard her say..i'm sorry, it wasn't my fault, i had the right of way..etc..she had stopped crying--UNTIL she was on the phone with HIM.
WHY do (some) men have to be like that?

i just could NOT EVER imagine my husband being that way. he is ALWAYS THE FIRST person i ever think of when i need someone. and even if i got in a wreck that was my fault-- he wouldn't be mad at me.. or even if he was-- it would never be his first thought. he would make sure i was ok, and be by my side in a flash before anything else.

i was just shocked at the reaction of this lady-- apologizing... her husband not givin a shit.. the other guy--who was at fault--only caring of HIMself--

i don't know...

it's things like this that really make me appreciate my family.

i will admit .. i have given soulman plenty of reasons to be or get pissed off at me.... but when it comes down to it-- i am still first in his mind when somethin bad happens.

and so is he for me.

how bout you?

23 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow! that is unreal. I can't imagine apologizing to my husband for getting into a wreck I didn't cause, or him acting in a way that would necessitate it. Gah! His first reaction would be to get there fast and make sure I am ok, and vice versa. what an asshole, both driver and husband. Like my stepfather always said, more horses asses in the world than what there are horses! Glad you were there to at least tend to her for a little while.

Smocha said...

LOL why do YOU always seem to be in excitements path?

What a couple jerks! It breaks my heart when i see "old" husbands like that , cuz you know the poor woman has been treated like crap for decades.

I thank God for my annoying little husband:)

We would be like you guys. Concern FIRST!BEFORE even finding out who caused the crap.

That poor woman. Sending up a prayer for her:)

What's yer POD?

Love me

ac said...

Came over from simonsays to check ya out... read a few posts down. That soulkid of yours is a stone cold KEEPER! You must be so proud and rightfully so!

You are the only woman I know who likes fishing as much as I do. Are we strange or WHAT? I know I am! hahaha

Oh... and The Captain once gave me a fish scale for my B'day. HA!

Enjoyed the good read. Good luck to you! ac

Jessica said...

I'm surprised you didn't use the term asshat in this post. It would have been quite fitting.

I'm sure the woman was very thankful for you stopping by.

mosiacmind said...

Wow what a creep of a guy he sounds like. I was reminded as I was reading how close Mom and I were to being in an accident with theis young woman who was in the parking lot speeding and was not paying attention it seemed to mom or i and we had to swerve to not hit her and she still just kept on going like nothing happened. I hope that you have a good day today. Thanks for the reminder about perhaps needing change of medications with your comment on my blog.

Andrew said...

Soulman's a great guy. You can tell by how you write about him. I am envious of you having someone. Hope you're okay today soul. Thinking of you!!!!

Anonymous said...

it seems that way...lots of THOSE types even here...im also glad that papa bean is not that way too..i am sure he would be worried..and i sure wouldnt have to be APOLOGIZING to him...especially for a wreck i didnt cause... or even if i did cause it...LOL

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

you couldn't have put it better then you did..there are some serious jags in this world, and some serious codependant women..I have relatives like that, and I used to be like that prior to meeting the right type of guy..
I'm glad you were her angel and helped, God willing she needed it.

Stupid husband..it's always the mean and crotchity ones that last the longest. *no clue on how to spell crotchity*

Hope you're holding up..my nerves would have been quite frazzled..even with the anxiety meds that I am back on.

STupid husband.
Glad you got a good one too!

Always,
Elizabeth

Golden To Silver Val said...

Awwww....that poor lady. She is going to remember you as her guardian angel who helped calm her down in her time of need. Thank you Soul...thank you for just being.....YOU. Her old man will get his...you know KARMA never forgets. Hope the rest of your day is a good one. Hugs, Charlotte

Jamie said...

This must have been really hard for you, and I think it's so very wonderful of you to even stop in the first place. But not surprising, not since I know you. :)

I hope your day today has been waaaaaaaay better than yestreday, and that you and Soul Man went out on the boat fishing today, wind or no wind.

I was gonna log on to see what's up with you but I just realized that Am Idol is on, so I KNOW what you are doing.

I'm tired and burnt out anyway, and feeling rather stupid right about now, so I think I'll just call it a day. I will talk to you in the am. Hugs my friend.

:)

xo

Mary said...

And I was ready to tackle the idiot who yelled ugly words at the elderly lady in front of me a few days ago. This guy - and the lady's husband for that matter - need a real attitude adjustment.

The poor lady has already had no telling how many years of abuse and this is what she has to look forward to. Sometimes life seems so unfair. My heart just breaks for the elderly who are so defensless.

Bless you, Soul, for giving her a few minutes of compassion. You are a kind and wonderful lady.

SOUL said...

hi ALL

sounds like we are a lucky bunch eh?
i can't stop thinking of this woman. i hope she is ok. and i do hope karma pays a visit to her ASSHAT of a hubby.

i'm glad i stopped to check on things. she was really sweet, and so scared. she had never been in a wreck before. i wish i would have used my own phone to call her hubby--i would have her number, and could check on her--but i used her phone.
hmm.
oh well.. keep the prayers goin for her.

g'nite yall...
you're all just too sweet to me..
thanks for comin by--i'll see you tomorrow.

i'm actually gettin a little caught up around here.

Jamie-we did fish--but at the pond-no boat--and no fish :((

hugs to all of you--

Moohaa said...

What a jerk! I couldn't imagine that happening. My hubby is my everything and vice versa. He would drop ANYTHING to come and be with me as soon as humanly possible.

That poor lady. That can't be a happy marriage.

I'm glad she had you to help, Soul. You rock.

The Real Mother Hen said...

OH BOY!

I wish I were living in the Robin Hood time, when I had my arrow and bow ready to shoot the asshole...

Today I'm too "civilized", I need to think long and hard before I nuke them.

Sigh!

Summer said...

You know my situation here. But, if he were sober, he'd be right there for me.

JLee said...

You are so sweet to stop and help. I can't believe she was apologizing when it sounds like it was that guys fault completely! I hit someone one time because I was unfamiliar and didn't see the traffic light (so it was definitely my fault)and the guy was such an ass to me! (he wasn't hurt or anything) I was crying and my husband was so sweet about it and concerned. That's woman's husband was an ass too.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

hahaha...there it is, the famous word: ASSHAT! :)
LOVE IT!
happy hump day!
Elizabeth

Portia said...

jeezopeezo man, the poor gal didn't deserve any more trauma after that! after hearing how her husband acted, i'm really really really glad you happened to be there. i know you made a huge difference in her life that day. you're awesome for stopping.

desert dirt diva said...

omg... yep even when dave and i are fighting.... if something happens to me he is right htere by my side... worring....i'm glad the lady was o.k. but when she got home did her husband say to her glad ur o.k. now i'm gonna beat the crap outa you....that would be awful....

Blur Ting said...

Gee, poor lady. Life must be pretty sad for her living with a man like that. I think all she was thinking was her husband's going to get so mad at her for being in an accident.

You're really a kind soul. I'm so proud to have a friend like you :-)

Karen said...

Me and hubby might not have the greatest marriage in the world but one thing I know for certain is if I was in an accident he would be there in a flash, no questions asked.

Poor old dear, I hope she's ok. That old geezer will probably make her life a living hell when she gets home and as for the dickhead that caused the whole thing...a curse on you ASSHAT. love that word Soul....

EE said...

My dad would have been more concerned about the damage to the car than if there were any injuries. It always amazes me how people react to stressful situations.
You are an angel to stop. Good for you!!!

SOUL said...

y'all make me feel funny for stopping-- i didn't really do anything special. i am positive that every single one of YOU would have stopped TOO. you know ya would have.

cuz we're just spethal that way. :))

but i will saqy-- in this situation, i am glad it was me and not some dumb asshat of a "man".. it was apparently the day for men to be assholes that day. :))

the cops and ambulance guys were nice that day--i'll give em that much. :))

laterz.