Monday, May 19, 2008

holy moly it's a monday

hi peeples--

dare i say happy monday?

sure i dare-- happy monday! to you---
i hope it's a decent day for me too-- but to be honest-- i aint feelin too chipper right now. it was yet another 330 morning for me. and man i tell ya i really tried for it NOT to be this time around. i'm
supposed to be fasting
as we speak... for a --yes, another, belly scan this morning. ugh. gawd. help me. am i though. umm. no. i am not. i would be. IF the extra sleeping pill woulda done its job last night, and allowed for the extra hour or two of sleep last night--but did it. umm, obviously not.
so-- i am drinking coffee. black. and don't plan on 2/3 a pot this morning, or do i figure that any bit of a couple cups or so, would be "gone" by 11 am anyhow. so who cares. obviously not me , at this point. it's not an actually "stomach" scan scan anyways. they are checking my pancreas -- i guess. they are so very informative, these people, ya know.
last time we talked all they said was the ct "didn't show my pancreas".. or whatever.
we ALL KNOW it's there--somewhere. geesh.

when they called about that-- i was at dinner out with hubby--obviously didn't have my calender with me, so i just ok'd a appointment for today-- with no way to know if it was "open" or not. well, whenever-- a day or so later-- i get a reminder call from my neuro doc-- i have an appointment with them today also! lovely. 1045 for the ultrasound-- and 330 for the neuro. just peachy. ya know i go into defensive mode for any doc appointment right. so yep-- waking at 330-- two appointments on the way-- behind in all my business and errands-- cranky as hell...ugh. i'm not looking forward to any bit of this.

and-- are y'all ready for the kicker? i feel i can toss this one in now-- seein as today is the day i should -- key word SHOULD find out something about it-- the AC guys SHOULD be BACK today too. my air conditioner quit-- yes QUIT again on friday-- if not thursday... and it has been one hot mo-fo out here. (it blows HOT air/and has the heater smell) - i have not wanted to bring it up on here-- cuz i knew once i mentioned it-- i would do nuthin BUT mention it.. for days. (motha was lucky enough for a small rant last night :))
it's killin us. but you know- bein US -- it would happen on a weekend. so there wasn't a damn thing we could do about it. we had to simply turn it OFF, and open windows. and really that did nuthin. ok it helped a little, but not much at all. false hope? i don't know. it's not a breaker switch ..or anything that a person with no knowledge of such things such as ourselves could deal with. and really, it made for some crabby souls around on the weekend. ugh. so,the a/c guys are supposed to come fix it today-- but i will believe that when i see it. honestly-- i don't expect to see it-- not today, at least.

on a good note-- we have decided to fish the tournament next friday night. sweet revenge--i hope.
hubby knows a couple guys this time who will be fishin it--so it should be a little less awkward at weigh in-- at least there will be a couple peeps that will be civil towards us.; they know me too-- and don't hate me. :)) one of them is his regular fishin partner for the other tourneys he has been fishin. he's an alright guy-- just a little uptight when he doesn't catch fish.
but that's alright. anyhow-- we are hoping to catch some good fish this time, and put these asshats in their place this time. and really are hoping for a better time. i know i'm bringin bug spray this time--- the gnats were a bitch -- did i mention that ? anyhow-- i already told my child not to call every ten minutes. so that should help. i hope. doesn't mean we will win money-- i just want some weighable fish-- bigger than "tinY"

welp-- i don't guess i have i have anything else to cry about-- i mean say. :))
well.. i do-- i just won't. yet . maybe i'll do that later. :))


hope y'all have happy days in your worlds today--

i am merely hoping i can maintain my people skillz.. and not yell at anyone today. i really don't handle the business aspect of people very well anymore. there was a time that i did. but people just really piss me off these days-- and i kinda have a way of lettin em know that a bit too often.

i'm thinkn soulman "gets" to deal with the a/c guys today-- that would be wonderful-- but it's only if they show up while i'm gone-- or before he goes to work. (at 3) -ugh.. let's all just hope that happens-- cuz i really already know-- i don't deal with them well. and well-- we already know i don't handle doctors well either huh? hmm.. i think i'm just kinda screwed today. dammit.

15 comments:

Smocha said...

Picture it.....Gardendale ,Texas.
1980 something.

Scorching hot trailer with no air conditioner. Two slightly fat sisters out in the dark of night ,in the yard wearing bras and panties ....while basking in the plastic kiddy pool.

Ahhhh! cool at last!!

When evil brother turns the hundred watt porch light on.

Shining down on the glistening ,screaming fatties.

ROFL...you forgot how to improvise honey. :)))

Where's yer kiddy pool NOW???

Have fun today.

Try to see the humor in it all .

Love me

Andrew said...

Good luck with your scan today! I hope it goes well. I would go crazy being strapped down while they scanned me. Looking forward to hearing about next Friday's fishin' tournament as well. Many happy catches to you, Soul!!!!!

ac said...

No ac! No wonder you're up so early... You and I are living parallel lives. All we do is fish and get scanned. ha!

Cheryl said...

Holy moley...what a day! Best of luck with the tests. I'll be looking for you later.

The Real Mother Hen said...

Hehehe oh yeah I do rant - but I have to say I let out angry fart more than I rant though! :)

Ahhh it was a "hot" weekend - so I spent time at the park looking at all the topless hanks. Yuummmmyy... so I'm secretly praying for another hot weekend! :)

Go Go Go with the fishing Tournament, win something Soul! :)

Mary said...

Your today sounds busier than my Saturday. At least the things I had to do were pleasant. I hope the doctor "stuff" is easier than you expect and the outcome is good.

No AC during hot weather is the key to a VERY unhappy me! I know it's miserable. Surely it will be correctly repaired this time.

Moohaa said...

I would definitely let Soulman handle the A/C buttheads. You've got enough on your plate (well, not so much if you're fasting) but you know what I mean!

Mute Monday is simple. Go to the Troll's blog (on my link list) and see what the next week's theme is. (FYI: it's Courage next week) Look around for pics that would express the theme in your view and post them on Monday... no "talking" about the pics though. Just pics and thats it. They tend to make a statement all their own. Once you have your MM posted, go back to Troll's page and comment "I'm up". That's the clue to other MM'ers to come around and visit. It's always a good time and getting to see other people's perspectives is always interesting.

Give it a try!
Good luck today!

SOUL said...

oh gawd smocha- thanks for the visual-- for allll of us on that. lol

actully-- i reckon i am lucky enough to not remember that little incident. i do remember the trailer--no air--etc tho. hmm.

as for a kiddie pool? if i did have one-- which i would be in right now actually-- but-- we have dogs that would drag grass and poop and anything else they could into it-- soo- nyet on the pool.

help me i'm roast !!

SOUL said...

yo andrew--
luckily they don't strap ya down for the scan-- that would really drive me loony..er.

it's too hot to fiiiish today.. :((

SOUL said...

ac--
fish and get scanned LOL
at least it's half fun right

SOUL said...

hi cheryl--
wanna come cut and frost my hair??
i'm ready to shave my head ! ugh

SOUL said...

motha--
we hit 100 degrees today !
i'm gonna die--
or perhaps you could send a nuclear fart to my a/c dudes??
i haven't heard a word from them today --
ugh.

SOUL said...

hi mary--

yep- busy day today--
but it's ovah now--
i got home from my 330 appointment at 530
i bet you wish you lived here huh. traffic is just lovely.

and the heat --divine.

one good thing?
i KNOW i aint cookin tonight!
we would surely all spontaneously combust!

SOUL said...

hey kel-

soulman got lucky--so far-- and missed the a/c guys--

as for mute monday- my brain is fried right now--but thanks-- i'll have a look tomorrow.

Karen said...

You poor bugger. As someone who barely survived a brutal summer you have my undying sympathy on the no a/c thing.

I think you would be awesome at Mute Monday. You find the best pictures anywhere on the blogs and there are no right or wrong versions. It's all about your own perspective.