Tuesday, April 1, 2008

holy cow---



well, hello--
what in the world do i say about all that was said -- or not-- yesterday???

and where do i begin?

with y'all? -- or with smocha? actually -- the misunderstanding between the two of us might be where to start. .
y'all know -- or at least some of you do ..... smocha is my sister. my one and only living sibling, or family member-- as far as "immediate family" goes. both our parents are dead, and our brother is dead, so that leaves US. and sometimes, it's just not easy. we live far from each other-and we don't get together or even "talk" very much at all. so when you live in a typewritten world, a lot is very easily misread, or misinterpreted etc. especially with sisters-- much less -- sisters like us.

i will be the first to admit-- yes, i did read her comment here yesterday in the wrong context--- i took it as negative and attacking in a way. it was neither. and she did email me early and tell me that. it's the sarcasm that just is a part of who both of us are. i just didn't catch it - at 3 a.m.

much of the post i wrote yesterday-- was not directed towards her-- i was trying to make a point-- that ALL blogs are not going to be peachy all the time. and if a person.. not necessarily HER.. ... can't deal with what happens "here".. then don't read-- or expect me to change my writing style or who i am... simply to make it seem like everything is ok. because it isn't. not always.

so-- needless to say-- probably- i hurt her feelings-- and she hurt mine-- and it was all because i didn't read into her comment as it was meant to be read.
maybe some of y'all did.
it looks like, by charlottes-- (VAL's) -- comment-- that she "got it". and i think a couple others did too. but, i missed it.
and i felt like an ass the entire day for it.

i felt like an ass because smocha had emailed me after i posted -- she explained and apologized to me.

ME- on the other hand--- by then, having already posted it--and having a comment or two-- there was no turning back. ( in my way of thinking).

i thought of her--and y'all all day long. i felt like a baby to be honest. running to mommy cuz some kid threw a rock at me, ya know? (btw-- that happened once at the bus stop when i was a kid-- got me right in the forehead! maybe that's my problem!)

i don't know. i did however have a comment-- ("auntie j" really is my aunt-- my moms sis)-- she said something about PMS...well... that's exactly what it was. well part of it -- the other part was just that i am a overly sensitive-- quite defensive type of person.
which explains part of me being such a bitch lately. not just yesterday but for a few days.

ugh.

i do get hurt easily-- and i do misread stuff on here... it is so hard to find the correct tone or meaning sometimes in written conversation.

so anyhow-- i am in awe over ALL the comments y'all left on this ... when i read them last night before bed-- i just couldn't believe the things y'all had to say. i will admit, it was all very reassuring for me.. to know that y'all do care so much about what happens here etc.
but it made it so hard for me to contact my sis over this yesterday.
UNTIL.. i saw her comment here this morning.
just so y'all know-- it is very unlike her to say something like that "in public"... so .. not only did it make me very proud of her-- but again.. i feel like an ass.

i did email her-- and i am certain things between us will be ok. it's not the first time i have gone overboard with her-- we are sisters, afterall. that happens. but i'll tell ya--- it just can't be easy having a sister like ME.

so-- anyhow-- i think i will spend the rest of the day trying to take care of THIS:




aaand, if i succeed with extracting my head from my ass---
i will be talkin to y'all later on..
i am sorry for being such a baby at times.
but at the same time.. i love you guys-- and appreciate you and your support
more than you will ever know.

i'll be back later ...

have wonderful days out there!

17 comments:

Mary said...

I've stood in that position many times. All's well that ends well. Feel better and have a good day. So glad you two sisters can clear the air. Most of all, Soul, you are a wonderful person - it's not easy to write a post like you just did. Still another reason why I admire you.

JLee said...

That is wonderful you worked things out! I am especially sensitive when it comes to family, I admit. They can hurt us worse than anyone (without meaning to) Actually, I forgot a lot of what I was going to say after seeing that last picture! haha

ps
let's try for Friday lunch. I get paid that day!

Anonymous said...

WAS big of you to write all that. It has to be hard having just one sibling. I'll give you one, ok, take her, pllllllllllllllllllease!!! She's worthless in our family, you know who I'm taking about. auntie j

Jamie said...

Beautifully written. :)

Sisters are special, and part of the reason for that is, they forgive one another easily.

This post made me happy.

:)

bonnie said...

That picture is SOOOO Gross! Your relationship with your sis and what you just went through was like watching it on t.v. and getting to be in the show. How great! She was very courageous to clean it up on your blog with you. You are much alike I see. I have a sister, a brother and a mother alive. And it's a circus!

Golden To Silver Val said...

Ahhh yes...HUA is not comfortable...I've been there a few times myself. But, then again...so has EVERYONE....and don't you believe anybody who says they haven't. I'm proud of you, Soul-friend. Wish you and your sister were MY sisters! Blessings to you both. Its lovely to be cared about, unconditionally. Charlotte.

SOUL said...

y'all make me proud to know you-- you know that right??

really-- thank you-

i really can be an idiot at times-- believe me.. i know.

and y'all are GREAT// just so ya know-

happy days to all of you-

SOUL said...

Jlee--

glad to see you didn't get swept up in a tornado yesterday-- i saw them headin your way!! i was worried.

friday is perfect! (so far)-- so unless some dumb appointment comes up-- i'm THERE! i get paid too - WOO HOO!

just tell me where :))
oh, and when :))

laterz-

Rebecca said...

Gee, Soul, you told me you couldn't do yoga...seem plenty flexible to me to accomplish the cranial rectal inversion pose at 3am!!! :) I kid, I kid, a joke.

I am very happy your sister and you cleared the air, and in equally public ways. I didn't realize that it was your sister's comment to which you were referring. I feel like I should apologize to her too. So, Smoocha, in supporting Soul, I didn't mean to offend you!

Family stuff is MESSY. I have one sibling, a mess, one mother to whom I haven't spoken a word in YEARS. Dad died, but his siblings abound. My closest connection is with my brother, and it can be challenging. We keep in touch over the phone, so inflection is easier to hear and understand. But seeing as how MY blog cost me a friendship, I do get it!!

xoxo
r.

SOUL said...

hiya R--

i'm appreciate you defending me.. and i am sure that my sis understands that. you aren't the only one who stood up in my defense.. i appreciate it-- and i am sure that smocha does to-- in the way that i do have friends that stand beside me. ya know??

anyhow-- i hope you have a good day today--

things just aren't too bad here today--


cheers-

Moohaa said...

That picture makes my back hurt.

Maybe thats why this happened. If everything happens for a reason, then maybe it was time for Soul to learn what she means to other people. Maybe it was time for you and your sis to become closer, clear the air, etc.

Big hugs.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

The best part of fighting with family is the reconciliation..
you guys are far more advanced then my family..they fight and that's it, they walk away...drives me crazy..
as my two sisters are my closest of closests, I'm glad you guys can be who you are with each other!

Forgiveness is grand...you are admirable!!
If only more people practiced it the way you did...you faced the hurt, you dealt with it, and you healed it too...I'd hire you in a heartbeat for a family intervention!

love to you,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

yeah that pic kinda took the words outa my mouth...so to speak LOL! i think it's ok to feel that way...and when it's your sibling... you can be more touchy than with just a total stranger..but then, that's why you're siblings..you are allowed to do that....i'm that way with my brother...he can sometimes be incredibly crass...but then i know he says things sometimes because he cares....

desert dirt diva said...

i'm glad ya all made up!!! my sister and i used to fight and sometimes even now i'm still scratching my head wondering why....hmmmmmmmmm but we make up you 2 ARE all you have , except for a few aunts(which are great i must say).. take care....sisters are a very speacil thing to have.. and both of you have been threw way to much..just be happy for one another.. and try to be there for each other when ever possible...boy i think i spelled all those words right , ..take care

Blur Ting said...

Oh Soul, it happens. It has happened to me many times and I feel like an ass afterwards. But that's life. Those who love us and care about us will understand and accept us as fellow human beings. Your sis will understand.

Loved ones don't get too angry and even if they do, they don't stay that way for too long. I know I can never be angry with my kids for more than an hour.

Lighten up buddy.

Jessica said...

Girl, you have the craziest images up on this blog!!! You must have a heck of a time on Google image search!!!!

I'm blessed to have 5 sisters I love with my whole heart. I think we can hurt eachother deeper than anyone else because we know eachother better than anyone and because we love eachother more than anyone.

EE said...

HOLY COW (btw...love the picture) I've missed some good stuff;)
My sis and I always seem to be misunderstanding each other. The good thing about us, is that we tend to get over things pretty quickly. I think we did go 5 months without talking, though. I'm glad you guys are reconciling things quickly.
Now, I've gotta read what happened...