Wednesday, April 2, 2008

it's cuz i am ME !!!

mornin peeps--

the photos you are about to view are real:
they are not hijacked, or taken from google images:
these are pics of my house -
well, various components, of my house i should say-




this is my living room ceiling:
see the big stain?
well, the other day it was like 85 degrees here,
so we ran the A/C for the first time, since moving into this house.

(some of y'all may remember me bitchin about my heater
not working-- and also the 200 year old repair man
that was sent out TWICE, to fix it?)






well,THIS is the result of his detailed troubleshooting.
both times he came out- he said there was a leak- and shot some freon in it.
(mind you; the man had been in the attic twice by now)



SO - after running the A/C all day- i notice the ceiling.
hmmmm.
well... i go into the attic (where the unit is---why it is UP there is beyond me)
immediately, i notice water leaking under the a/c unit.
i take a closer look--
what do i see?

THIS:


the condensation drain for the a/c--
it is "busted"-- and not just there but about a six inch section behind it.
hmmm.
odd.

so tell me-- an a/c guy had been up there TWICE-- and missed that?
how?
i saw it right away.
i guess 200 year old men don't see well?

also when i was up there-- i kept hearing "something"
but to ease my creepy "i'm in a dark attic" feeling-
i blew it off to my wild imagination.

so, the next day-- we call the home-owner.
we tell her - your guy is NOT doing a good job-
we remembered a guy who replaced our unit several years ago-
and recommended him.
SO, he came out yesterday-

i showed him the pipe--
and he replaced it-
but not before pointing out the fact--
it wasn't "rotted" like I thought---
BUT "something" has been chewing on it !!!!
"something" or many "somethings" are in my attic!
and they are THIRSTY!

JUST LOOK-






that is the section of pipe that he replaced-
OMG!
WTH is IN my attic???
not only are they thirsty-
but they are HUGE!
i have never seen anything like that in my life-
and i was an exterminator for a year once.

they ATE my PIPE !

luckily, i remember how to kill rats-mice etc..
and soulman will get the stuff we need to do that this afternoon.
if it is mice or rats-- it will be easy-
if it's a raccoon ? or a opossum ?
i have NO idea of what to do or how to get it OUT!!

so anyhow-- yep-- as for the "rats" and the ceiling--
we can take care of that for next to nuthin....
little paint..little poison.. etc...

BUT---
there really is a freon leak too--
which means the coil needs replaced.
the landlady is in SHOCK!
the estimate is $1, 750.00 !!!
on top of what she already has paid, and the 100.00 for yesterday.

now i am not sure of her financial condition...
but i am assuming that NOBODY has 1,750.00 just sittin around.

luckily, yesterday and today are cooler days..
but the weekend we sat and sweltered in here...
and soon the 80 + degree weather will be back.

WTH are we gonna do if she can't afford to fix the air??

well... here;s a thought-
hubby already said - to me--
"i refuse to live in a hot house-- we'll MOVE."

OMG..... someone help me.
he would too-- our deposit and one month rent would be enough to move--
but y'all know me--
I CAN'T LIKE IT !!!!
if i have to move again...
i SWEAR--
ALL i'm takin is my furniture, appliances, and clothes!
the rest can go to charity!
i am sooo done haulin shit around!!


(Don't cross me Bitch!)
:))

stay cool peoples!
happy humpday!

21 comments:

Rebecca said...

Holy crap, Soul!!! Those critters tore the SHIT out of your pipe! Lousy plastic. Let's see 'em chew through metal piping!! There's no way you can live in a hot house all summer! So, the land lady will loose rent. And you can tell her that you will tell every person she shows that house to that it doesn't work!! And WHY is the AC unit in the ATTIC? Isn't the compressor and such usually outside? Good luck ousting the varmint and getting a new coil installed!!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

HOLY PIPE Biting MOlies!! That's some serious animal crap in your attic!!

Check out a piece from DOOCE..scroll down, it's about the large ass Raccoon in her chimmney..or is it Chimney?
YIkES!

I hope you don't move for you...
YIkes...

Happy Humpday!!
Always,
Elizabeth

Smocha said...

I think I have actually heard that rats can even chew thru metal pipes.

When we had rats in that green house, I could hear them at night chewing things in the walls. And they also snuck out at night and ate all the kids underoos. All the little scooby doo underwear!WTH!!

Our compressor thingy is also in the attic. (???)

Surely your landlady can get a home equity loan or something to fix the A/C.

Could be squirrels or bats too. :)

Hope you've had your rabies shot. lol

Happy humpday!
Love me

Jamie said...

OMG!!!

That is scary...what in the world could it be? And i cannot imagine you have rats in your attic...

UGH.

Now, you have to promise that the critters will be gone before I get there...

:)

xo

:)

Mary said...

What really creeps me out is that you kept hearing something while you were up there. No telling what kind of vermin was watching you invade what it believes is it's home. If it can eat through a whole section of PVC pipe to get water it could do some serious damage. What's it eating? Insulation? (I came home to a racoon in my attic one time and it turned into a major crime alert.)

I think the landlady will have the repairs made because she has a lot to loose if she doesn't. The house won't rent without air.

Darn, Soul, that dog has a seriously mean face. I know, put her in the attic. Whatever is up there will move out.

JLee said...

OH my God!! I can't remember, do you have any cats? They will get rid of those little bastards! Luckily, it's going to be somewhat cool the next couple of days. I have confidence you can solve the problem and not have to move :)

mosiacmind said...

I was going to write what rebecca said about the landlady losing rent and such. What a mess! I sure hope that it gets all worked out so that you do not have to move! I was reminded when I was reading this about my ac not working yet there are a few momths until I need it fixed and I got through last summer without it....so I need to decide should I fix the ac or fix my bathroom where the tiles are falling off or ??? and actually it will be my mom lending me the money for those things because I sure do not have it and there is a limit on what I can borrow which I understand but still it is not fun to own property BUT if someone owns property and has renters they NEED to keep the place up....also just as an fyi since I talk about just being on disability my condo was a gift for me..HUGE gift huh? I hope that things get fixed quickly not only the ac but also finding out what animals are in the attic.

Moohaa said...

Dang! I can't believe what they did to that thing! Either those are some huge rats or you have possum or raccoon. You can call animal control and they can set traps for the bigger critters.

I sure hope you don't have move! What a pain in the butt!

Anonymous said...

wow! somebody REALLY did a good job with those pipes! yikes....and quiet too...cuz you didnt notice them up there until now.... i am sure the landlady will fix it...she's a green gecko... she's probably just more shocked at the price and the fact that the 200 yr old guy didnt see the problem.....

Golden To Silver Val said...

Good Lord! Its probably a raccoon; they are bad about getting into attics and such. We had one once. Please use caution...they are VERY mean critters and will kill Sushi just for kicks. Seriously. Eevee, on the other hand could probably make quick work of one, but could also suffer some injuries. Not worth it. Tell your landlady you want an exterminator to check it out so the problem can be eliminated. They can tell what's up there by the droppings. Sure hope its not rats...they multiply too fast.
Yep, Soul...you sure do live a unique life...never a dull moment. LOL
Good luck on all this...one good thing about renting...at least it won't cost you anything to fix these problems. I wouldn't want to move again so soon either. For a person like me who hates change...moving is a frickin NIGHTMARE. Charlotte

Blur Ting said...

Those rats should move our,not you! If the landlady doesn't fix the aircon problem, she's going to have a hard time finding a tenant. I really hope you don't have to move. It's such a pain!

Brad said...

Good Lord Sis, I read this and was sure for a heart beat that I'd sent that 200 year old tech. That's the kinda issue we've been having at work. Sound like you've got a good handle on things - let's hope the hungry critters are little.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

It's thursday!!

Coffee and leaks
mice and peeps
whatcha doin?
smoke and chokin?

ALways,
E

Smocha said...

update hawg!!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Holy Crap!!!

Your landlady has to fix it though, else she can't rent out the place.

Nowadays houses have so much problems... ah the more I think about it, the more I wanna fly back and check on my house now!

Cheryl said...

Holy crap is right! Could it be a raccoon? Whatever it is, holy moley! Your landlord has to pay for the repair. How could she not? She'd have to be prepared for emergencies. Creepy!

SOUL said...

i don't know y''all-- no idea what if anything she will do--- haven't heard from her. i know she is in shock-- as i would be. that is a lot of cash. i am sure the guy would take payments-- he took payments from us-- and we had crappy credit--
so i don't know. wish i did.

we laid out traps and poison etc last night-- checked them twice so far today-- nothin yet-- ugh.

i don't know.

i just know-- we better have it fixed by the time it get hot again.
today it's not so bad-- kinda cloudy and cool.

anyhow-- happpy thursday to y;all-

EE said...

Doesn't it freak you out that you were up in the attic alone with that/those thing/s?????
Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOUL said...

yes erin-- every little sound shivers me timbers !!

desert dirt diva said...

those are mice .. i know because my old house smelled like mice,yuk...creepy i no.. go to wal-mart get those mice cubes food things.. tose them in your attic..get like two or three boxes.. they love it and it does the job!!!!!rats love it two... when we move our pool had huge holes on it... it seems they love plastic...

SOUL said...

hey DD--

i have three different types of crap up there-- nuthin last time i checked yesterday afternoon-- i need another flashlight now! dammit.

they were after water by chewin that pipe--and prolly your pool too.

i think at this point i'm more worried about the air anyhow-- we don't have anything stored up there yet-- so they aren't getting into anything--

but i'm gettin mighty pissed.

anyways-- i just hope to hear from the home owner today-
latah