Wednesday, February 27, 2008

me n julio down by the schoolyard


apparently, it's true. i am awake..and somewhat alive too. still not quite with it though. i gotta say--- it's been a while since i have felt totally clear headed... but this passed several days has been ridiculous.
and so is the song of the day! enjoy that for a while peeps :)) you know you love it.

i will say.. i actually woke up at a normal time.. for me today. like 5 a.m.
i have been sleeping way late , and then all day since friday. of course laying down, or being all crumpled up in my chair-- has not been good for my old body. or mind. i swear-- i haven't felt clear or normal in days.

i'm hoping that today will be a start back onto the right track. hubby is gonna take me out today and we will run some errands and get some fresh air, and out of this damn house. he has taken the week off since the seizure. he got a bit of the flu himself-- but he also doesn't want to leave me alone until i see the neuro doc. it is making him crazy with worry that this might happen again. i'm not real thrilled with that thought myself... but if it will be my life-- we will have to adapt. i refuse to be worried over and babysat for the rest of my life. people live very normal lives with this problem every day. it can be controlled with meds-- and actually, from reading about wellbutrin.. even though i had been on it for several years-- it was a high dose-- and with the flu-- it was basically cut off cold turkey-- so really that could be what caused it--and it may never happen again. at least that is what we are hoping. other than that i just don't know what to think.

i know y'all have your own stuff goin on, and really it's in many ways worse than what's goin on here. i guess the main thing here is the uncertainty-- and well.. ya-- the uncertainty. for now.

anybody want to buy a car? :)) i'm just kiddin. one thing-- if i can't drive my car for six months-- it will be in pretty damn good condition for its age six months from now huh? :))

sickening. that's all i can say. i was just getting to where i was getting out more--and the weather is about to change-- it's almost time for me to fish every day-- and here i might be TRAPPED... or riding a BIKE. can you see it? me on a damned modified bike with a sidecar full of fishing gear??? holy crap!
now there's a visual.

but ya know what? when things like this happen... i think it really makes a person appreciate what they have. all the complaining and whining i do about dumb stuff---- and somethin like this comes along. life changing possibly. what a bunch of crap.
but hey-- if nothin else-- it sure is a wake up call. so much could have been different.

and also... it is nice to see y'all checkin in, i miss all of you-- and i hope you know how much i appreciate your well wishes.

apparently i'm still not all with it--so just bear with me til i get it together-- i'll be my ole soul-self soon. i hope.

19 comments:

JLee said...

Sounds like you're on the right track. Just concentrate on a gorgeous sunny day with the fish biting, and you'll be good as new in no time! ;)

The Real Mother Hen said...

Good to hear the progress Soul.
Having a clearer head is a good sign.
And kudos to your hubby! :) Hope both of you enjoy some fresh air outside today :)

Jamie said...

Yeah well, I could go outside today too, if I wanted to...it's like 24 degrees, that's a heat wave! I'm so jealous of your weather, not fair, not fair, not fair!

Really, I'm happy to have my old Soul back, keep feeling better, will ya?

Jamie said...

oops!

xo

:)

Janelle said...

i love that song! i'm glad to see you back and posting and maybe even feeling a little like yourself. getting outside and getting some fresh air will do you wonders. :)

SOUL said...

hiya jlee---

what'd you think about starbucks closing down yesterday? you know i had to wonder if it affected you. :))

and yep-- the fishies are callin my name-- i just want the all clear to drive-- i'm still in shock .. and asleep. :((

oh well. guess i'll get used to it-- or it'll change. right.

have a good night--

SOUL said...

motha!!!

it was good to get out today-- we even went to Cabellas' :))

hubby is lightening up a little.. but not- too. poor fella.
i take back everything bad i ever said about him. just kidding.
:))

i did finally talk him into going fishing tho-- ALONE. for a little while. it was like pulling teeth-- but he went. geesh.

it's hard to prove that ya don't need a nanny after somethin like that. :))

hope you are havin a good day..
and hey-- THANKS motha-- that was really SWEET what you did!! beat kickin my as ya know :))

SOUL said...

jamie--
did you go out in your heat wave?

how is your back???
why do ya wanna worry me like that? geesh.
anyhow..it says it's 67 here now-- but it feels cooler than that-- maybe cuz it's windy. or perhaps cuz i am whimpy.
but i hope you get some nice weather out there soon.
but hey if ya don't/ you know where to come to get some! (good weather i mean :))
i hope you are havin an awesome day.
oxox

SOUL said...

hiya landshark--
good to see you cruisin around--
how are YOU doin???
i think you are the ONLY one to ever admit to liking that song.. :))
that's a little scary.
hope you are havin a good time..
are you home yet??
take care-

Angie Weid said...

I LOVE "Me and Julio!" I'm singin along with ya sista.

Good to have you back on the road to recovery

Blur Ting said...

Hi Soul, good to see you cruising and about. Yah, Soulman's a really good guy and he loves you so much!

I can imagine you riding a bike that's loaded with your catch. It's a beautiful vision you know. You in the sun, riding with your hair flying in the wind, a big smile on your face :-)

SOUL said...

angie--it's funny how many people actually LIKE that song!
maybe if it wasn't one of those "stick in your head for three days" songs.. it wouldn't be so bad.. but i just can't stand it!
anyhow-- i hope your day was a good one!

SOUL said...

blur-- hi girl---
i do hope you know that i was KIDDING! i am NOT really gonna modify a bike--and cruise around like some kinda jeepny or somethin with a bunch of fishin rods in it.
i'm really hoping that the neuro doc can tell me me it was due to the meds or the quick withdrawl of the meds-- and it won't happen again, and i can drive etc.
this is just too weird to even think about -- but at the same time--it's hard not to think about.
i see the doc tomorrow-- i just hope i can find out something solid.
either way-- life goes on i spose. right.

hope you are havin a good night!

i'm AWAKE!

Cheryl said...

HI Soul. I go away for a few days and come back to this? I'm so sorry I didn't know what was going on. I'm making my way through blogland. Thank goodness for soulman. What a guy you have! I'll be waiting to hear how your appointment goes tomorrow. I won't be staying away any longer! Be well.

SOUL said...

hiya cheryl..
really--by now you should know--you can't blink around here and not miss somethin :))

how've YOU been??

Portia said...

I'm glad to see you sounding better. I hope your doctor is a good one too and able to lead you to some answers. It sucks about your license but after something like that it's so much more important that you are still here with us, and besides i's temporary.

Anonymous said...

yeah "me & julio" is just one of those songs that isnt bad.....till you cant get it OUT of your head..and all you keep doing is hearing that refrain "me and julio down by the school yard....." ha ha ha....

Karen said...

Good Luck with the Doc Soul. Hope he has some good news for you. I would be totally lost without my license. We don't even have a bus or train service out here. I guess there's always hitchhiking....just joking!

Glad to hear you sounding more like your old self.

Fleur de Bee said...

OMG you can't drive for that long? WOW Take care and keep us posted!