Tuesday, February 26, 2008

asleep at the wheel


hi folks, i'm still alive--- i'm just never awake. i can't believe that i sleep ALL the time.
i don't even have anything to say.
except that i'm pretty pissed off that i may lose my drivers license for six months. assuming it to be a seizure free six months.
i have a brand new damn car sittin out there -- and i can't even drive it.
i see the neuro doc on thursday , and i am only hoping that he will find something that will prove that the seizure was caused by not keeping meds down? maybe by the wellbutrin? maybe by being sick, and a combination of several things?
i am having a real hard time with this possibly being a late onset of epilepsy. that is a possibility though, and it is a scary one. my brother had epilepsy, and my mom had seizures. but i just can't claim this.
but-- i really don't know what to do at this point. i won't know anything until i see the neurologist-- and i may not even know anything after that. i don't have a history of good doctors-- i only hope this guy knows what he is doing.
all i have done since friday is sleep. i sleep late in the morning, and i sleep all damn day long. it's insane. but, i don't know what to do about it.
the shrink stopped the wellbutrin... other than that-- it's wait and see. and apparently sleep. or try not to sleep-- which doesn't seem to work very well.


anyhow-- i'm still here-- just grouchy-- and sleeping.

hope all of you are well...

11 comments:

Karen said...

It's at times like this Soul that you have to do what your body tells you. If you need to sleep then you must because that's what your body needs. Good Luck with the Neurologist and hopefully you will get some sound answers soon.

Blur Ting said...

Yah, Gypsy is right. Perhaps this is the healing process for now. Rest well and get well soon. I want to see Soul fishing again!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Oh yeah, when the body needs a good rest, you just gotta give in and sleep.
Will be checking on you to make sure you're alright.

Angie Weid said...

I'm glad you are still here. Take it easy. Your body needs a break.

Smocha said...

Glad to know you were just sleeping :)

I actually know 2 people who had a seizure due to wellbutrin.

And...REMEMBER how shaky I was when I took it? I was taking it with something else too, and I felt like crap!

Sleep while you need it, but I know you woke up sometime, so even if you don't feel like posting...just post "CHECK" so we don't all think you're sitting in the E.R.

Don't worry about the driving thing right now. When it happens ....IF you ever got pulled over ...just pull a Ralph "what are you talkin' about?"
lol

Love me

p.s. Desert dirt divas new damn dog got killed today by the mailman,.

Anonymous said...

every one of your peeps is right...your body is telling you you need sleep...and sleep you should...till spring...like hibernation???? get some rest girl...see you when you wake up and good luck with the doctor!

Jamie said...

Yep, I second, third, or fourth what everyone else is saying...

Do what your body needs for you to do, you will wake up eventually...

But I miss you in the mornings. :)

xo

Summer said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Rebecca said...

Your body must need the recuperative benefits of sleep, so don't grouse about it. Think i'm go get me some in a little bit, myself.

Fleur de Bee said...

OMG I totally get the sleeping all the time. My illness makes me sooooooo tired I could sleep till dinner then go on with the evening and never skip a beat from the lost time. Our body timers WILL tell us what is best if we listen but perhaps we need to force them as well to rest, so take care of yourself!!

EE said...

I was shaky as all get out when i was on Wellbutrin. It sucked.
Hope this is what caused your seizures so that you can get on with your life:)