Friday, January 18, 2008

here i am at yet another unGodly hour -

hard to believe that it's already an hour after i got out of bed. wth?? yep, another one of those mornings. it started actually at about 2 a.m. i rolled over in bed.. .. and somehow managed to knock Sushi clear off the damn bed onto the floor! it's quite a drop i might add-- especially for a small dog. i heard the wind blow out of her with a grunt, like a football player being squished by a three hundred pound linebacker or something. i thought she might really be hurt. the bed is pretty high off the ground. so anyhow, that of course wakes up midnight-- all in a panic thinking the boogey man has come to get us-- yes she does still have that protective streak-- but it's actually sad to see it in action-- as she is , blind, mostly deaf, and extremely confused... she can never figure out where a sudden unfamiliar sound comes from,,, but she tries. so, at the same time... there i am... looking around in the dark.. for an injured sushi-- like that's all i need right now, a damn broken leg-- or something, on her. but, she was fine.. i got her back in the bed.. got midnight settled down. well hell--- by then, soulman was wondering wth just happened.... i got up and went to use the back bathroom.. so it wouldn't bother him while he was trying to sleep--- came back thinking.... ok... one last ditch effort to go back to sleep .. it could happen... no school--- soulkid is gone at a friends for the night... .. so i settle back into bed, the animals are calm... then--- soulman has to get up-- ugh. he doesn't use the back bathroom... he uses the one in our room... that has a retarded door, two actually-- but anyhow-- its the reason i use the other one when he is asleep. so, he gets back in bed, and the freakin cat starts playin with a damn plastic bag of some sort-- wal mart or somewhere-- he starts hissin at the cat to make her stop----- and there i am... it was ALL over but the cryin. i got up--- 250 a.m. woo hoo.

hubby on the other hand went immediately back to sleep--- the dogs AND cats were insane-- until like ten minutes ago-- now they are all asleep again... but me??? yep--- HERE i am.
doin the smoke n choke.

what a way to start my damn day. i know i sound crabby-- but i'm just venting. i'm goin on coffee #3, and might be on cig 5 by now. with the animals settles, the house quiet agian, and me calming down from the fiasco of earlier--- it's not so bad.

plus--- i don't see a terribly busy day ahead of me.. not like the last few. i am sooo caught up i think i'm a little scared of myself. :))
i worked my ass off yesterday. in the house. i had really been failing behind this passed week, but sure made up for it yesterday.
and the day before, y'all know i got caught up on all my bills... ugh.. i shouldn't even go there. basically we went broke broke that day. to a point of a very uncomfortable state of mind for me. for several months, we had finally been feeling pretty good about our financial situation--- for probably the first time in most of our married life... but , it was quite unsettling to watch like 90 0/0 of everything go away in one --- ok a couple days. but hey-- i am grateful that it was there to go where it needed to. without selling or borrowing to get it done. that was kind of a new feeling. the bein broke-- i am used to. it's quite familiar. i just somehow thought i would have a set limit to never get below again--- and well-- i kinda blew that. but mostly this was because of the new car. i am sure we will get caught back up in a few months. it's not like we're ruined forever. so i think we shall live.

anyhow---
todays agenda???
hubby works... the child is gone-- don't know when she will come home--- but really-- i am caught up with all my major crap--- if i really wanted to , i could sort stuff for goodwill...... or ... i could go fishin--- but it is like 40 degrees--- soooo----- it is so highly unlikely that will will happen, i don't even know why i said it. ummm... i really don't know what i will do with myself today--- but the day is mine. and it feels weird to have a day that i can actually do what i want-- whatever that may be-- and not feel guilty of what i should be doing-- cuz all that's DONE!
yep-- even my laundry AND dishes!!!

soooo anyhow.....
i spose that might just be it for now

i hope you all have good days today---
and better weekends to follow

32 comments:

Jamie said...

Well good for you! I think that is so awesome. I want you to come here, and help me get my work done..at my job. I haven't known that caught up feeling in like, forever....besides, it would be fun. Then again, if you were here, no---that is a BAD BAD idea. Then i would literally do nothing. Strike that.

And have a really, really, REALLY good day!

:)

xo

SOUL said...

jamie you crack me up--
make up my mind already would ya ???

ya know-- it's a shame that you don't work somewhere really really warm. cuz that just might be my best excuse to leave the soul fam for a few days. :))

"but hunny-- i gotta get warm.. it's healthy for me!"

see how that works?

then.. we could get all your work done on the first day or two-- and spend the next day or two--- i don't know-- on a boat? at a beach? fishin? gettin a tan? i forgot what a tan is actually. but i think if you get sunlight you can still get one.

then i would come back here to soul-land and freeze while my animals drive me crazy. and you would be there, knee deep in the reality of ten feet of snow-- with your animals driving you crazy. and we would again be wishing we were somewhere else...
isn't that just how it goes?

anyhow-- i hope you have a really really good day teeeewwwww...
and that you get some work done.. as icky as it sounds.. i know it helps you feel bettah.

so anyhow-- see ya round eh?
ox

Anonymous said...

gosh soul...caught up....???? yeah you go and help jamie there.. LOL wanna come do mine? NOT... sounds like you'll have a somewhat peaceful day.. enjoy!

SOUL said...

yankee-- perhaps if you lived in hawaii i might swing it somehow...
i just cannot see going in debt to be even colder than i already am...

sorry girls...

:))
you know i love ya... i just don't love freezin to death.

you could send me some work and i could send it back?? will that work?

yes.. it is weird to not feel pressured today. for once in what seems a very looong time.

gawd how i wish it could be 80 degrees today. i know---
dream on soul-- dream on.

laterz...
happy--- still friday pm right?

take it ez

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

You deserve a day to you...I hearby label this day forever for years go come,on 01-18-08, SOUL DAY!!
Go put it on your calender..or put it in your online calender and give yourself a reminder for it to appear each year...I'm glad that you have some time to just be you!!

and I'm happy that you're not up here with me, although I'd welcome the company, because you see, the temps will be dropping and like I mentioned with the windchill, -20 OWIEEEEEEEEEE! Makes my noise hairs freeze up..which COULD be a good thing..maybe it'll keep me from pickin'. lol.

Have a great Friday Dear SoulGlowWorm!
Remember, SOUL DAY!!

Your friend,
Elizabeth

SOUL said...

hey , crustee---
i like the idea of SOUL-DAY

and ya know--- i think a lot more than my nose hairs would freeze in those temps---- like perhaps my very last brain cell.... and ummm... well... all else that is attatched to it.
i would literally DIE. within the first ten seconds.

i honestly do NOT know how people live in places like that.
well i do-- kansas got damn cold too--- but really--- i almost died there because of it--- i almost never never never never left the house-- opened the door--or even a window---- if the dog needed out-- i opened the door and tossed her ass out-- if she didnt come back that was just her bad luck. THAT is how much i hate the cold.
thank God she always came back-- or soulman went and chased her down :))

happy friday crusty

Oldy said...

ola,

i am sooooo NOT caught up around here. ack!
good for yew!!

i am ruined for the day when i get up at 2 or 3 a.m.

i would kill to go somewhere tropical about now.
the winter doldrums are really bad this year , for everyone it seems.


my internet was all taken apart yesterday. so i did a hand written post. but ...the printer is still taken apart so i can't even post it. ack!!

i shall post some horrifying pics in a minute.

have a grand day!!!

love me

SOUL said...

yes i know.. the whole cold world is depressed ... it's insane... we should have a bloggers winters depressoid revival in the bahamas or somewhere... but who wants to rob a bank to get us there?? hmmm?

yep-- that's what i thought. i spose we could all dig out our old, warm days pics, and write happy summah days posts just for shits and grins? and pretend we are all warm and happy for a day. think that would work?

anyhow.. why don't you just TYPE your post into word?? andd then post it? hmmm.

what pics are you posting?
and why is my spell check not workin?
crap.

latah.. have a great day yourself poops

btw what's yer plan?

The Real Mother Hen said...

Holy smoke!
You woke up about the same time I went to bed!!! No wonder last night I kept dreaming about being awake, drinking coffee, but couldn't find the damn donuts (I'm hungry for donuts now)!

Donuts donuts, where are you?
ARH!

Anonymous said...

I DID type it. ack! go read it!

I think thats a great idea. we SHOULD all do a summery photo post. and remeber the warm times. a virtual holiday!

lets all do it. shall we. :)

Mary said...

Enjoy the day. It is yours to do with as you will. You earned it.

Karen said...

Lucky you being all caught up Soul. I am still at the thinking about it stage and just so you know, it's currently 2.17am here. I'm too HOT to sleep. Yep I have the opposite problem to everyone else in blogland, I'm in the opposite time zone, opposite season......I feel so ALONE.....lol.

Jessica said...

I think you got up about the time I finally got to sleep. And I'm feeling guilty because I didn't get up until 10. And I'm thinking about how I have GOTTA clean today because people will see the place this weeken--and this mess I will show to no one!

If you lived in MN you could go ice fishing. Wait, I think it's even too cold for that right now.

Have a great day!

SOUL said...

i will catch up with you folks later-- i ran a couple errands-- then ate lunch.. then watched a movie-- then i got a phone call just now right at the end of my movie that kinda pissed me off... so i'll be back in a while..

SOUL said...

motha--
are you psychic now.. doin the smoke n choke with me in your sleep??
did you ever get a donut?? i went out today, passed a donut shop-- and i almost got one --- in your honor !!
but, i was too lazy to get out-- actually, i just didn't want to get out twice in the cold. :(
now, i kinda wish i had that donut.

SOUL said...

i did read it--

and perhaps we shall.. do a summer day post sometime.. but when???

SOUL said...

mary---
so far so goood, how bout yours---

Blur Ting said...

Just when you thought little soulkid is all grown up and you get to sleep through the night, along came the animals...bet you didn't know they could cause such a racket at night right?

SOUL said...

ooohhh gypsy don't feel alone...

what is the temp there anyhow??

i wish i was too hot to sleep-- rather than too cold to go outside.
i need to be outside to feel alive.
i hate winter. i just do. i know jamie and jess are colder but this is cold to me. i need my shorts and t-shirt weather back.

you didn't know you signed up to listen to me whine when you walked in here did you :))

hope you got some sleep...

do you live near the water-- is there anywhere NOT near the water there??
i can't believe how much i do NOT know about where you live.
i was not good in school. just in case you haven't figured that out yet..
and just so ya know.. geography-- my worst subject.. worst.

have a good day--- :))

SOUL said...

hiya jess--
don't feel guilty for sleepin... geesh be grateful you're able to sleep...
why such a night owl though?

did you get your place cleaned up??

and ice fishin? me?
hahahahahaha.. that is funny.

i did try that a couple times though-- when i was young and could handle it-- but i was still a crybaby-- and decided i would rather DIE.
or at least NOT fish at all. :))

have a happy friday...

SOUL said...

hey blur--
you're right... they are like kids... in fact i think they cause more problems at night than soulkid ever did.

have a good night

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a day full of opportunity!

SOUL said...

i like the way you think T--

Karen said...

It's funny Soul because Australia is a MASSIVE country but the biggest percentage of the population live on or reasonably near the coast. I don't, I live inland on the prairie as I call it.

At the moment the temperature is about 95-100 which isn't as bad as it has been. You can ask me anything you like about my beautiful country. I will always be happy to answer if I can. Have a great weekend.

SOUL said...

gypsy gypsy gypsy--- tsk tsk tsk....

95-100 near the ocean... is PERFECTO!!!! perfecto i say.

can i come live with you in the winters??????
i will be your chef... in return for a jeep and a fishin fairy-- i mean fishin guide-- ya that :))

have a good day....

ps-- i wanted to be stationed in australia when i was in the navy but never made it over there-- but hubby has been. just a tid bit-- if you care :))

c ya later

any more interesting dreams????
as usual, i don't have a clue what i dreamed about last night.

Jamie said...

Well hello there again-

I hope that you had a wonderful day, watching your movie, and having the first ever "SOUL"day. I want one of those, too.

Yes, I do believe I should work somewhere really warm. Like the bahamas...or how about we just run off and visit there for awhile? The hell with work...the husbands can come, too...and the kids, and the dogs and the cats..no wait-we could just send all of them, and we would have a real vacation!

Have a good Saturday. Think of me, slaving away...

:)

xo

SOUL said...

hiya jamie..
i did kinda enjoy my SOUL DAY-- altho-- it was a bit weird.. with no one to wait for--- be here for--worry about-- no bills to pay-- no chores.. no loud music to contend with.. none of that-- it was good.

as for sending the families to the bahamas?? oh no way--- that's just not right. we must let them stay here and freeze--- why let them be warm... no. no.

:))

have a good day slaving away.
too bad i dont have a fax machine-- you could fax me shit and i would do some of your work for ya.

anyhow-- ttyl
ox

Summer said...

I hope you slept a little later today. What's the thing with men that they can just roll over and go back to sleep? It's so annoying. Ha!

SOUL said...

hey summer! long time no see-- or so it seems anyhow---

yes i did sleep later-- but got no extra sleep really. but that's alright.

anyhow-- i don't know how they do that-- just one more of those unfair things-- like bein able to pee anywhere they have to!!!

it's just not right....

they sleep-- eat--- pee--- be lazy-- never matters to them...

hell, we take a damned nap and think the sky is falling!
what's up with that?

and how are YOU btw???
how's your mom???
TYM???
what's goin on.. why no posts lately??

hope you have a good good day..

laterz

Anonymous said...

After Bo and his wife split, his son put him on guilt trip to pay for him to go a semester in Austrilia with his friends. So Bo did ---- $5,000 for tuition plus money for spending. After school they stayed over there back packing around for 4 months. Recently Will was looking at some pictures of him there I'd put in my scrapbook and he instantly said "Boy! He looked alot happier then than he does now!" Bo said 'no kids.... no bills then!"

SOUL said...

well.. WHO wants to send ME to Australia to go to school and back-pack for months??? you know i'd be there in the winter!!!

frolicking with the roos. :))

and eatin shrimp on the barbie

damn!

i just shouldn't be here.

but well.. we all know the old saying right

wish in one hand....

latah...

EE said...

Ya just had to brag about being caught up on everything, didn't you??????;)
My bedroom floor is finally clean. Now, I just have to clear my bed:(
Sounds like you and I have very similar sleep schedules. Sucks, doesn't it???