Saturday, January 19, 2008

Global Warming? My ASS!



happy satahday peeps....



well.. in case your world looks like this.....

which apparently , most of ours do -
even the one's that shouldn't do -
or they at least feel like it.
it's crap, i say!
absolute crap.
there is frost on our cars this morning.
texas. sure.
a week ago it was in the 70's for like THREE days.
ugh how i wish those days would return.

i get depressed and mean when it's cold, and i never want to even go outside.
in fact--- once again ---
this place looks like old mother Hubbard owns it.
purely because i don't want to have to walk through a huge parking lot to shop-
well.. i don't want to push a heavy ass cart either--
but today, unlike recent many -- i believe i could manage.
so anyhow...

i'm a cry baby -- and i am begging the sun gods for warmth.
sunshine, and some very active large bass.
i want to go fishin.
i want to wear shorts.
i hate to be cold, and wear layers of bulky clothes.
i hate to wear coats...
and more than anything----
i hate long sleeves..
i hate anything, aside from a watch to touch my wrist---
i don't know why-- i just always have.

sooooo - anyhow...



THIS place right here -
is where i would really love to be right now.
even though i am not much of a saltwater fisher-person :))
i don't even need to fish.. i would just hang out-- and drink ;
well -- mango smoothies all day on the beach.
i know-- most of you would have something more fun and intoxicating, but well...
i'm actually more fun without alcohol.
i just need sun and heat and minimal clothing to be happy.

i know there is a need for the change in seasons...
i only wish this freezin crap didn't last so damn long.
everyone, and everything survives in the tropics.. why does it have to be so damned cold here???

know why i care so much?
because
THIS:



is ME-
when it is cold...
well, minus the dress.. i don't wear dresses.
i am just too clumsy for dresses..
and i don't go anywhere that requires i wear one...
so ... i don't even own one.
saves on shoes too :))


so anyhow---

that's about it for today ...
a weather whine.

i spose i shall update later if i find anything of importance or humor to share....

hope you all find a way to be warm --
or drunk--
or something other than locked inside today!
most likely that is where i will be.

21 comments:

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Lets' dream of Costa RIca! It's too freakin cold out!!
how are you doing so far? I hope things go okay for you three today..I'm thinking of you!
Need to chat, give me a ring! text or whatever..and I'll call you back so you don't pay long distance!
truly,
Elizabeth

Rebecca said...

Mornin' Soul. It is a balmy 33 degrees here in the big apple. Not a flake on the ground. Harumph! The only thing I hate about the cold weather is when my feet get cold. Once that happens, forget it. Otherwise, a few months of winter fun isn't such a bad price for all the lovely beach days :) Hope your frost lifts soon!

Anonymous said...

29 degrees now in Sheridan, AR. Love the cat pic !! Where DO you come up with such cute ones!

Angie Weid said...

back from vacation and I get slapped with a winter freeze. Brrrr! I'm staying inside today.

Good to be back.
Hey, I took your 50 random facts to my blog. Thanks for the idea!

Stay warm!!!!

SOUL said...

crustee---
costa rica sounds divine--- too bad it just can't happen.
do they have sloths there btw????

and-- so far so good-- cept when she cries--- which is a lot.

still havn't told the kid yet.
not lookin forward to that-- guess tomorrow-- she has company today.

anyhow-- catcha later have a good day

SOUL said...

33 isnt too bad for ny--is it?
i hate cold feet too-- but mine are always cold.
i can't wait a few months-- i want to warm right now. i'm soooo sick of this... and i know-- i've got it easy compared to most--- but i still hate it.

catcha later--
have a good day--

SOUL said...

j--
hard to believe it's colder in arkansas than ny today-- that is rather sucky-
stay warm
n have a good day

SOUL said...

welcome back angie-- i bet you don't feel very welcome tho-- what a change huh..
anyhow-- yep i saw your 50 randoms... very fun.. funny too.
you sound like a twenty year old-- how do you do THAT?

i haven't felt 20 since i was fifteen.. :))

have a good satahday

Jamie said...

I'm right there with you---you know I am!

I have on long underwear today (long underpants----LOLOL???) and I am still a big iceberg...

I want to lay on the beach too, and I don't really even love the ocean.

Have a good, warm day!

SOUL said...

i know you are jaimie....

and long unperpants is worth a LOLOL :))

in fact it reminds me of a song... i bet you havent heard it-- oh wait-- you have kids-- i bet you have, but maybe you dont rememebr it... hmmmm.

anyhow i will see if i can find it..
then i shall post it-= if i do---

and then i must don my oompa loompa suit... and face cold hell ( there's an oxy moron for ya ) and go get some food in this place.

soulman will be my grocery cart chauffeur .....

and-- just so ya know-- he used to wear shorts all year long-- but not this year--- so it's not just you
the whole world is colder this year... i have no idea why-- but it is just frickin colder than it is supposed to be....

have a good day---

and don't work too hard-

SOUL said...

nevermind jaimie ..
the song says underwear-- not underpants.. my bad. long time since i heard it.
oh well...

why the hell do i feel like im spellin your name wrong-- am i -- or am i just losin my mind?

anyhow--
c ya latah
ox

Cheryl said...

Oh, I'd love to be on a hammock strung between two palm trees. We can dream, right?

Summer said...

Hey Girl... I HATE winter clothes. I can't wear turtle necks or even tshirts that come close to my neck, I hate long sleeves unless I need them to warm me up. But, I think snow is pretty as long as I don't have to drive in it. I want to sit on my deck, I want to turn my face to the sun and have it warm me. I want to smell the sweet blossoms of honeysuckle, gardenia and lilacs.

OK. Back to reality. Happy Saturday night to you and your Soul Family.

SOUL said...

yep cheryl.. and by the looks of all the comments here-- and a lot of posts around .. looks like we are all dreaming---
so, WTH????

i feel like a pity little kid waiting for santa as i wait for summer-- or even spring.. anything but this--

anyhow-- hope you are warm, with a book and a cuppa java--
laterz

SOUL said...

hey summer---
nice name-- :))
did you bring some sunshine with you??
i am sooo like you when it comes to clothes.. high necks drive me crazy too. so i am pretty srewed in cold weather-- sleeves pushed up , t-shirt collar--- so ,it doesn't work out too well-- then when i bitch that i'm freezing, someone will say-- PUT YOUR SLEEVES DOWN... but i can only handle it for a few seconds before i have to push em back up...
i hate to be cold -- and wear clothes-- i don't even like to wear shoes for that matter---
i wanna wear my vans with no socks.

ugh.... sorry-- got a little carried away-- if it doesn't get warm soon.. everyone will hate me.

yep-- i like your idea of the deck and the sun...all that's missing from your picture is a smoker and a brisket--- oh and me.. :))

have a good night too

Anonymous said...

oh well... hmmm..it is due to snow a little here... the first in many years! yikes!

SOUL said...

hmmm...snow in japan--- is there anyone NOT freezing to death lately???

Jessica said...

It needs to get warm. It really, really needs to get warm. You should work where my nephew does. He gets sent different places to fish. Yesterday he was saying he's getting sent to Mexico, then Vegas, then Costa Rica. Yes, I think you'd like his job. Warmth and fishing.

SOUL said...

WHERE?????
i can be packed in an hour!!!!
how did he pull that one off?

how r u anyhow--
hope you have a good day

EE said...

I'm freezing my ass off over here, too. I think it's around 18 degrees here. I was out tonight, and realized that my vehicle was on empty. Stupid me had to stand out in the freezing cold pumping gas:(
Loved the cute little sloth video. I want a sloth!!!!!

Karen said...

Just read your comment to JYankee and yes there is someone in the world who isn't freezing to death....lil old ME. It is actually quite a nice day today but it will be warming up as the week goes on and then I will feel like I'm in hell again. I couldn't tell you what the temp is because I stopped listening once it hit 108 recently. Wanna swap places?