Tuesday, January 24, 2012

not as bad as i thought

howdy folks -

how's the tuesday in your world?  mine's prolly good as it's gonna get today.  i had the rhizotomy done on my back yesterday.  i worried about that for a week, but luckily, came out better than i expected.  it does hurt though.  worse than it did when i went in.  but, not as bad as i was worried about it hurting.  i was convinced i wouldn't even be able to walk. so in that way i feel real good about it.  but as far as getting active or goin fishin any time soon?  i don't see that for a while.  of course, it's been a while.  at least now i can hope that maybe in a couple weeks - or less, the nerves will will 'die' and the pain will subside, and i just may have a chance at getting my life back.  i'll let ya know.  i'm workin on my list though, and hoping that soon i will be fishin, and workin on some home improvements.  maybe even makin a little road trip in a few weeks.  it's a stretch i know, but it could happen.  maybe.


 well, i must say, i feel rather impotent writing here lately.  i have absolutely nothing to tell you.  i have no life at all these days.  my highest point of prolly the month was a couple days ago (friday) when i learned that daughters toilet upstairs had overflowed - most likely at least one to two days prior.  i was finally gonna take myself fishin. it was close to 80 degrees outside and i was hoping to enjoy a nice day before i was to be housebound for an unknown length of time due to the rhizotomy.    so i was outside preparing my tackle and rods for about half an hour, when i decided to come in and put on a short sleeved shirt.  for once , there was no music or tv on.  i was walking out of my bedroom, when i noticed a noise.  i looked up - then noticed a 'stain' on my bedroom ceiling.  instantly i knew there was water coming through the floor-to my ceiling.  you know i had an instant panic attack.  gawd.  i had all my fishin stuff all over the place outside- my car was open with the window down. and i had to get upstairs in a hurry to find out what was goin on there.  i nearly killed myself with all the runnin around, up and down.  i had to run - well, the best i could.. up first , to see what happened - it was the toilet - and an inch and a half of water - all over the bathroom!  then down, to put away the stuff outside, and lock up my car.  then back up to turn off the toilet water - only to discover the soulkid had flushed the toilet ! to flood it even worse.  :((  - then down, for towels.. UP to help clean water.  then down, to text hubby, and spend hours trying to calm myself out of the worst panic attack i've had in months.  it was horrible.  absolutely awful.    the only thing that has been done about that situation is the next day, hubby plunged the toilet , and it works now. and he washed all the towels we used to clean up the floor.
but what about the floor/ceiling???  that's MY question. WTH?  do we just ignore that?  wouldn't ya think the stability of the floor is compromised? i really don't feel good about the possibility of a friggin toilet crashing through my bedroom ceiling at some point in time.  but hey, apparently, i just  worry too much, and need to chill out.  - yup direct quote - or maybe advice. i worry too much.  well, i think that's a pretty significant concern.  how bought you?

anyhow,  i know i aint doin anything about it today.  i have a date with my chair today.  and perhaps a pain pill or two.

happy days to y'all today

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Yes. I'd definitely lose sleep over the toilet hitting my head worry. But, that's the way we roll LOL

I'm really hoping your nerves die and you'll be able to go fishin!!

Thanks for giving us an update. We do worry ya know MB!

Kee Kee said...

I believe that you should file a claim with your homeowners insurance to have the damage fixed.

I'm at yodans, been up since 3:30. Oh jetlag ,how I love you. Not!

Hope your back thing "takes"

Hope to get a us phone today, if and when ,i'll call ya.

Love me

Mary said...

I agree with Smocha - call your homeowners insurance. Toilet overflow is the worst mess one can face. Yuck!

The good news is that your medical procedure isn't as painful as you feared. Hang in there - better days are ahead. A road trip would do you a world of good. Fresh air and fishin' would be even better!

Jessica said...

My upstairs neighbor got drunk/high/whatever and left his shower running. I ended up with a rain shower in my bathroom. They had to remove the drywall on my ceiling and replace the insulation. My concern for you would be mold. You don't need another damn thing affecting your health.

SOUL said...

Geesh jess i hadn't even thought of mold. Ugh

SOUL said...

Geesh jess i hadn't even thought of mold. Ugh

Brenda said...

I hope you get some relief soon kiddo. You do know that a good fishing trip cures most everything. :-)

SOUL said...

boy, i hear ya brenda -- i can't even remember a day that i have had without pain -- it's really wearing on me. time to practice some simple rules of life -- such as -- (KISS) 'keep it simple stupid'. it's a start. every day lately ( as in a few months) is a panic attack. crawling out of my skin , anxiety. it's so hard sometimes.

there. i said it.
do you feel better?

well - i said that to make light, but honestly -- how are you doin lately? do you feel better?
i do think of you often, and hope you continue to feel better. maybe the little things like the photo challenge, and keeping in touch with folks - like on facebook, etc - will help.
hmmmmm.... and there's my blog post for the day. hugs-