Thursday, January 6, 2011

"oh my hell" is right !

hiya peeps- and top o' the ,mornin to ya!what's goinin on in your worlds lately?  i reckon if you've been readin what little i been writin here- you have a bit of an idea what's up in my world.  BUT -- just after i finished a cry baby email to a friend of mine about my wrecked car and the stress that follows the unknown that goes with it -- hubby walked in the room and said -- he just got a call from our insurance company!  would y'all believe --- they TOTALLED my car!?  i had no idea there was that much damage.  it trashed the rear axle -- which i think is where the tranny is.. (like a trans-axle) it was leakin brake fluid, the rear tire got smashed in - so i guess the tie rods/bearings etc were trashed,the rear door and quarter panel were trashed,  and i guess the air bags were defective cuz none deployed. -- that was surprising. - shocking even. the car has side airbags and none of those deployed either-- with that force it would seem some of them would have blown.  personally we're glad they didn't -- she rides right up on the steering wheel-- even though i have talked to her about the damage an air bag can cause with her so close like that.  i think she now realizes she needs to sit further back.  if it woulda deployed she coulda broke her little neck.  :((

so- hey-- on the bright side?  looks like i'm gonna get out of my high car payments i been cryin about for two years, that'll be a relief.  i'll still have to get a loan.. but i sure aint gettin a brand new car.  no way.  i hate car payments.  ugh.  especially for as little as i drive.  a little 4 or 5 thousand putt putt will do me just fine.  anybody got got one?

so anyhow -- the wondering and the waiting is over.  that was killing me! i couldn't even slep at night. torture i say!  last night i bet i woke up six times -- i'd smoke - or take a pill - fall asleep - just to wake up and hour later.  ugh. rough night.  rough few nights.  but-- around noon we go and sign papers - and move on to step two -- which i hope is car shopping.  even tho i'm very much a shut-in, i feel better at least knowing that i have access to GO- IF i wanna.

things are movin right along - just the way they're sposed to. 

so anyhow-- i owe you all visits -- and as soon as things get settled down a bit here with the car and the house and my crazy mind-- i'll be right ovah !

happy days to each and every one of you--

i shall keep you posted on the situation at hand in soulland  :))

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

I was just thinking about you. Thinking of how little a writer like you has been writing. Glad to come downstairs and see a post from you.

I hope that the money from the insurance company will cover what you own on your car. We got Emily a great used Civic and it gets 39 mpg. Cheap and reliable. It will be great for you to have the high payments off your back.

Hope today is a good day for you, my friend.

Lynx217 said...

I agree with Cheryl (by the way good to see ya chickie too!) - out of those loan payments would rock. Just take it easy and relax, k?

Raine said...

I wish you a good day with good results at the insurance company and with car hunting

JY69 said...

cars...computers... anything mechanical... all stupid and likely to be wrecked or break... *sigh*.... Happy New Years to you SOul and Soul-clan!! and yes...no more car payments yes??? I have never bought a brand new car... sometimes more trouble than they'Re worth...!

Josie Two Shoes said...

So glad to see a post from you today! Here I am back in Blogland finally and no Soul Sis droppin around to say hi... it just feels lonely without ya! :-)

Oh how well I understand sleepless nights worryin about kids and cars and bills and ills and such. Looks like this might be one of those bad things that ends up being a good thing, if you can find a great little car with better payments. Being in over your head is no fun and definitely not worth the "new smell" in the car! We'll be waiting for news that you found just the right one. Most of all I am so very grateful that the Soulkid got safely thru this one and lived to tell the tale! :-)

Mary said...

I'm happy to hear that the end to the auto accident is in sight. The air bags didn't deploy? That sounds like something to take up with Honda. It was a Camry wasn't it?

Car payments are the pits. I'd get a less expensive car, too. I think I put less than 3000 miles on my car during the past year.

Looking forward to hearing from you. My best to you.

Brenda said...

I hope your worries ease up for the rest of the new year!

Smocha said...

Blog land is boring without you poops.

Wow, who would have thought the car was totalled. Maybe a Toyota should be in your future :)

Mary , I think her car was a Nissan.


I'm waiting to hear all the other new stuff in your life .
Hurry!

Love me

ethelmaepotter! said...

Car payments - yuck! I've only bought one new car in my life and paid it off as quickly as possible; hated those payments. I'm now hoping my little old Altima will last me the rest of my life - Fred says no, but then that's what he said more than 300,000 miles ago.

Good luck with that car hunting. Fred is a master at finding good cars CHEAP. He bought his little putt-putt Sentra for $900, put a couple hundred into it, and it's been going for about 4 years now.

Maybe you would like to borrow Fred for a while, just to help you find that perfect deal? I could sacrifice him for such a worthy cause. You could keep him as long as it takes...he can be happy with a bowl of beans, half an onion, and a 2 liter Diet Coke every day. I'll send all the clothes he needs and have his TV Guide forwarded to your address. He comes with his own guitar for your entertainment, AND he's housebroken.

No, no, don't thank me, glad to do it!

Donna said...

It doesn't take much to total a car because it costs a bundle to do that body work! And with mechanical damage too, yikes! I just picked up my little red miss this morning and the final bill was $8200 (a bit higher than the estimate because of unseen damage). And my car was only boogered up on one side with no mechanical damage!

It is all coming out for the best for you. Just don't let your daughter drive your car anymore!!! She can buy her own and wreck it, LOL!

Debbie said...

Would have been worried too, for sure. Yes, inexpensive and something reliable would be a good choice. I'm glad you finally heard something. Not knowing will drive you nuts. Oh...you are nuts. It will drive you to the looney bin...oh. Well, nevermind. I'm glad to have the company LOL LOL