Sunday, December 5, 2010

sunday stuff in soulland

hiya peoples!
what's goinin on in your worlds today? hopefully all is well with you and yours. i reckon i can''t complain in mine. ha! for once. today is actually goin pretty good.  i've even been doin some cleaning and other much needed things around the house.

you may have noticed i haven't been around much this past week... that would be because i have felt like absolute dog poop.  run over and set on fire -- twice.   OMG.  you wouldn't believe it.  remember how i was just tellin y'all how my meds were workin, and i was feelin better and all that??  well, i think it was wednesday.  i woke up- with plans to take soulkid to school, and her weekly appointment, just like every wednesday.  except for the fact that i couldn't breathe, or open my eyes!  my mouth and throat felt like something died in there, and got trapped on the way down.  not to mention the fact that i felt like my heart was about to blow out of my chest!  hell.  i didn't know what to think.  or do.  hubby was at work, so i got up and went to wash my face and 'see' WTH was goin on.  what did i see when i looked in the mirror????   i can't show you the real me... but it was similar -- prolly worse -- yeh.. it was worse --- but close to THIS:


it was awful! at first i thought i was gonna have to go out like that and get the child to her appointments.  but the longer i sat there trying to feel better -- the worse i felt.  and the more i realized what a stupid move driving would be.  (obviously, i couldn't see) so.  i rescheduled both of her things, and spent the rest of the day feeling like the elephant man ... wondering WTF happened to me.
 this was obviously NOT  a cold. so if not a cold-- WTH was it?
 i remembered, i had just started a new and different med for sleep two nights before. (that wasn't working.  in fact it was doing the opposite, and making it harder to get to sleep).  i had been having a lot of trouble sleeping .. i always do- but really, i'm gettin sick of it, and am taking way to much xanax (the only thing that works) - so thought i'd ask for something new.  anyhow- that was my first thought.  aha! i'm allergic to the new med.  maybe.
i of course get online and begin checking the symptoms of allergic reactions of this med.  they do seem to match a lot of what i had goin on.  but after a while - after calling my dr. and getting the no brainer 'don't take any more ' response- that i had already expected.    -- i started thinking of anything else that may have caused it.  i mean i really looked and felt bad.  and it came on so sudden - it had to be something.  and it wasn't a cold.  and i don't have 'allergies'.  then i remembered the other new med they gave me at the VA -- when was that? almost two weeks , right?  i thought that would make more sense than something i had taken only two times.  so i got back online and checked that med.  i asked them before i took it too-- about taking TWO steroids.  because i already take one every day for 'addisons' as it is.  so i was a bit worried about side effects before i even took the stuff. they said -- 'no, don't worry, it'll be fine.'  hmmmmph. well.  fine, my ass.  the more i read, the more it made sense.  it was that med.  the new and additional steroid.  i had steroid overload.  which led to steroid face.  i checked my blood pressure-- it was high.  i was nauseated.  my eyes were swollen, my throat was hoarse and it hurt to talk or eat.  UGH.  this went on for THREE days.  needless to say i did not leave the house.  yesterday was the first day since tuesday that i left my front door.  do i have to say it again y'all?  cuz i think you know already.  i hate doctors!  even tho i questioned them, and didn't want to take two steroids... they gave it to me -- and i exploded.  bleh.  i don't know if it's an allergy to that new steroid, or if it was just an overload since they added that and raised mine.  but i obviously stopped that one and i cut mine down some.  now i'm back to normal.  but man that was a rough few days... my pants didn't even fit!!!!  have i mentioned the fact that i hate taking medicine?  well i do!

anyhow- today, i feel pretty good.  considering the last several.  i also have nothin else to say since i have done nothing and gone nowhere lately.  unlike the child.  she has been turned loose many times with my car, and is loving it.  i can't believe she finally got her drivers license.  or the fact that i let her drive my car.  it's very nerve wracking.  so far she hasn't wrecked it or got a ticket.  i pray constantly while she's out.  it wouldn't hurt any if y'all shot a prayer or two up in her favor once in a while :))  she's scary behind the wheel sometimes.  other times she does pretty good tho.  i actually dozed off one time while she was driving-- i haven't done that in several years-- no matter who was driving.  so that's sayin somethin.  :))

well- aside from that? our wood floor installation should be completed by tomorrow night -- so stay tuned for photos of that.  i'm excited !!!

happy sunday in your worlds folks !

9 comments:

JY69 said...

well.. two goods for the one bad...not bad there gecko girly! how ya doin??? hope the "allergy" or whatever it's been is being contained... and good lord...am i FIRST???!!!

Kristy said...

I'm glad you figured out what made you sick. I have been having a hell of a time sleeping lately also.

Smocha said...

I want to see a pic of you like that. LOL
Glad you're better. I was wondering where the heck you were. Now stop ignoring me. Bumbly bee!

love me

Cheryl said...

Steroid hell! Glad you're back to 'normal'. I hope your daughter is a good driver. Mine is, thank goodness. How's your floors?

Debbie said...

Well ugh. Sucks you had to go through that, especially after you ASKED the docs. I wonder sometimes if they have a clue what they're doing. Don't they know we can check this stuff out now? Duh.

I'm glad you're feeling better now. I'm the opposite. I can't get enough sleep. I think I'm finally relaxing since my boy is back :)

He's bringing all his STUFF this weekend...along with his Dad and I have no idea where it's going. He has enough clothes he doesn't wear to outfit everyone at the rescue mission. And it's getting almost Christmas! Done nothing. Oh well. Fred is still looking at me in the kitchen ((Hugs))

Smocha said...

ok...you're gonna make me call you. you better be all chipper and LOVING to talk on the phone!!!!

Love me :)

Get ready....get chipper...I'm going to find you number right now .

Riverpoet said...

I'm so glad you're ok! When I don't hear from you for a while, not even a little poke on FB, I get worried.

Like you, I just don't trust most doctors. I have exactly 2 that I trust, and one therapist. Everyone else can bite me. I'm glad you survived the medical malpractice they call the VA healthcare system!

Hugs - D

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You :-)

~Ron

Raine said...

Hope you are doing well and having fun getting ready for christmas!