Monday, January 25, 2010

holy crap i found everybody -

does the entire world live on facebook these days?
i don't mean that in a bad way, but geesh. i went over earlier today to revive my facebook account-- and i was mobbed. not that it bothered me. i love attention-- you know that. seems a couple folks thought i locked em out of my other blog and just kept goin. so this first part may be a re-run for a few of you-- skip it if ya already heard it--

that isn't the way things went. i did explain what happened somewhere in here a few posts back-- and so far i don't have a whole lot of posts on here-- so if you think ya need a little more detail you can look around for it. k?

but-- long drawn out dreary story short?

i had a mental attack. i'm still workin on it. but i'm not doin as bad as i was a few weeks ago. for those who've been around a while already know that this is just somethin that happens to me from time to time. and that as history proves-- i eventually come out of it.

example? -- if i were a brush fire? i eventually burn myself out. right?

but-- as per scientific evidence proves-- if a brush fire is not left alone-- or better yet-- 'controlled.. protected, not to spread" --- and someone feeds that fire-- or worse, throws fuel on that fire.... what happens? yes-- you guessed it. no matter how much, or how little fuel is tossed onto the fire-- it grows and it spreads.. and even the lightes of breezes, will continue to feed it.

ya see where i'm goin with this?

i hope so. cuz i'm tryin to make it simple-- and i think i'm gettin a little carried away.

so anyhow-- right now-- no one is feedin the fire-- so it is now smoldering, and will soon be burnt out. k? i'm doin what i can to burn it out.

such as the SHOT today ...so come on in the rest of ya-- here's the

UPDATE :))

i went in and came out fairly well. walking. talking. and doin fine. when i woke up, i didn't feel any pain at all. i was thrilled. i was groggy from the sleepy medicine of course. came home and like i thought i would, i slept a lot of the day away. i woke up right about when stez was headin to school to get my spawn. (how's that for a name-- she calls her own self that one :)) -- our spawn))
anyhow-- that's when i began to worry. :((
mainly at the injection site--- it was pretty sore there. i didn't worry too much about it. didn't need meds or anything for it. i just really needed to get UP and move around some. so i did.
then about an hour later-- if that? the pain came back. not as severe. but it was there. and i got sad. i took a pill, and calmed my panic and disappointment, when i remember that it really does take days to weeks before it actually kicks in and 'works.'

so-- i reckon it's wait and see, for now. i'm gonna stay positive on this. it worked last time. i don't see why it won't work this time.

i did talk to the doc about doin a rhizotomy there too. he didn't sound to keen on that idea (for me)
i mentioned to him, that if i reacted the way i did on the last one-- that if i have the same or similar reaction on my legs-- i will be in a wheelchair... he agreed. and that ended that conversation.

i think we'll stick to shots--
y'all say your prayers will ya-- maybe i'll have good news to report in a couple days.

tomorow i will have a pic of the bubba boat for ya to see. hubby is gonna head out to pick it up on like the 6th. he's gonna take eevee of course, but he got a bit more good news the other day. he now has plans to visit two of our nephews-- my sises boys on his way. he's pretty excited about that :))

so anyhow-- more tomorrow peeps-- i didn't get around too much today in blogland-- i was a little 'drunk' -- i'll be catchin up tomorrow.

g'nite-- or maybe g'mornin.. twice :))

13 comments:

Moohaa said...

Glad I found ya. Everybody and their grandpa is on Facebook... seriously, we found Roggie's 80 year old grandpa on there. It's kinda funny.

Sorry things have been rough on you. Luckily your a tough girl, so I know you'll find your way out.

Shots and injections... words from hell. Should be outlawed. I hope it starts to work for you.

Hugs.

Smocha said...

ha ha , G5 has facebook .he's 75.

Well , hope the shot works for ya . Yes, it took quite a while to kick in last time. just when you thought it wasn't going to (if memeory serves me)

tell me more about stez's trip.

the table people are expected any second. I am still in my p.j.s

gotta go.

Love me

Jamie said...

I HOPE HOPE HOPE this works even better than last time. I know it can take awhile, so hang in until it does. I know so many this helps, and those like me, who has no lasting effect. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Hugs, friend. :)

Gypsy said...

I am hoping that once it kicks in you will be dancing a jig all over blogland Brezz.

I don't get the attraction of Facebook and I am in no way tempted to ever open an account. I think I am now the only member of my extended family who ISN'T on it. I like being the odd one out so they can shoot me.

Donna said...

Hopefully it'll kick in soon for you! Just rest and dont over-do!!hughugs

Donna said...

Count me in as one person in the entire universe who is not on Facebook. Not now, not ever. From what I have seen to others, it sucks you in like an addiction. And quite frankly, I don't WANT certain people in my past to find me. Goodby and good riddance to those folks.

Hope you find some relief with the shot. It can take several days for that medicine to work its wonders!

Doris said...

I hope you get some relief, Brezz. I've had all manner of shots and things in my back and neck - and surgeries. Still walking but still hurting some days.

Hang in there, girly. D

Golden To Silver Val said...

Keep a positive mind and it will surely work...it did last time so that should be encouraging. No FB for me; way too invasive and I heard they sell your info. There's all kinds of articles about it. But for some...its wonderful and if so, then its a good thing...for them.

Cheryl said...

I was waiting to hear the news about your shot. Now we just have to wait. Hoping for the best, of course. Hope it's today.

JLee said...

I'll say a prayer for you, B. Back pain is no fun at all...

Mary said...

Hope the injection kicks in really soon and you have many pain free days.

Debbie said...

Hey..good to see you on FB :)

I'd be terrified of the spinal shots, however, if pain could be stopped or lessened I'd do it in a heartbeat. You take care of yourself and I'm hoping you feel better today!

BREZZ said...

i can't seem to keep up-- but i will try to catch up-- sometime during the day today-

sorry folks.

check back tonight-- hopefully ida gotten to all the reply-less comments.

i haven't been online much the last day or so.

i beg forgiveness :))