Saturday, November 28, 2009

tree fail

mornin folks--

ok. so another year goes by with yet another broken tradition. my intentions were good. but , well, we all know what folks say about those. right?

i'm trying to teach a lesson around here -- that an apology should never be followed with an excuse. it kinda defeats the purpose. don't you agree? well, that seems to be a bad habit we all have here. the three of us seem to be pretty defensive people. if that's the word. i'm not sure.
anyhow. can i say -- i'm the best of the worst :)) -- i really can find, and admit my faults , and apologize --- much of the time -- without an excuse of my wrongdoing. ya know? the other two? well sometimes , let's just say -- they really try to find justification. and i think that sucks the life out of an apology. but like i said-- i'm guilty (sometimes) too.

are ya gettin where this is goin yet ?
well, if it were an apology - it would go something like this : (To soulkid)

from ME:

" i'm sorry we didn't get the Christmas tree put up last night, but i was in pain, and tired."

pretty cheesy eh?

but ya know-- if you were to ask soulman? he MIGHT say this -

"i'm sorry we didn't get the tree up last night, but i have been fighting a pinched nerve for a whole week, and i just finished emptying the storage bin. i'm sore."

but--- the truth of the matter-- the meat of the entire thing???
soulkid saw my post yesterday. so even though neither of us mentioned putting the tree up yesterday , she was looking forward to it ALL day.
before dinner, she asked if we were gonna do it---
know what she got?

from me :

"i don't think so -- i'm so tired and my back is killin me."

(at that time soulman was at storage finishing that up--getting a bed out-- no less. ugh.) --
he really did pinch a nerve -- or hurt himself somehow-- with the last load from storage -- i just can't get the man to go to the dr !!! erg!

so yeh.
she was upset -- and the topic didn't come up again for the rest of the night.

instead -- i actually cooked dinner (made some penne pasta -- with a bruchetta type sauce -- and leftover turkey meat --- shaddup--it was yummy) :))
and audrey made a yummay, cucumber salad with a german twist (her mamma is german) -- and she made some garlic bread. it all was goood--

and we watched a movie -- a movie that if you haven't seen it yet-- do NOT waste your time or money. i know many of you wouldn't make it past the first fifteen minutes of this thing. it is the crudest piece of crap i have sat thru in years. and i'm surprised i bothered.
soulkid and audrey walked out and went upstairs after the first 15-20 minutes of it's awfullness.

oh-- what movie? this one:


ugh-- the language was just horrible. and not just cuz i'm not around that kinda stuff very often. hell, even i cuss-- on occasion :))
but seriously --- it was unnecessary vulgarity. i was in the navy folks -- i have heard it all. but when i am sittin in my living room at home with my family ? it's just not what i thought i was gettin us into.
i thought it was "funny people" - not " crude people"

so--- my critique? if you want something funny-- and really want to laugh--- and not at the sake of losing half your audience -- like we did--- get THIS one -- good clean hilarious funny movie!!!


this is a great movie-- lotsa laughs -- and one for the whole family ! enjoy !!!


ok... on that happy note i believe that i am out of blog talk-

as for the upping of the Christmas tree-- YES -- it will be up today -- or tonight.
maybe that is the one thing that has to be different? we might have to do it in the middle of the day -- instead of at night like we usually do. my body is just done for by 6 pm these days-- if not sooner.
anyone know of assisted living places for the "young at heart-crippled everywhere else" ????

kidding.

y'all have happy days in your worlds today -- i will letya know how it goes in mine-

5 comments:

Smocha said...

Ola , well hope ya get it done today. I had big plans of starting on my Christmas cards today and here it is 3 p.m. and I have done nothing all day but eat a piece of pie, smoke, finish a book and drink a bout 10 cups of coffee.
go me! lol


now i'm all wired up and starting to get bored. I too am pooped by 6 p.m. ,so the day is shot.


love me

SOUL said...

when are you puttin your tree up? do you have one yet? don't get a black one ok? that's just wrong. :))

btw-- your day seems pretty productive compared to many of mine :))

luv me

audrod777 said...

Hello Blogland!Well, at least the 2 of you are actually UP! I am in bed updating Firefox. Uggg. I really need to get outta bed. I wanted to go for a walk. But I want to go back to sleep too. So while your looking for Soul an assisted living place, would you look for something to do the "getting up" for me? Thanks. And uh, yah, Funny People should have been named "Don't Let Anyone You Care About or Under the Age of 45 Watch This Vulgar Piece of Doo Doo " LOL. Four Christmases was a hit though.
So, uh, Soul. Do I hafta get up?

EE said...

I always get my tree up the day after Christmas. Sadly, our tree is still not up, the girls' furniture and stuff from their rooms is strewn all over the house (they're getting new carpet this week) & we have baby stuff every where. It's driving me nuts!
I'm hoping to have everything done next weekend, but you know about those good intentions;)
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I'm getting ready to read on and find out!!

SOUL said...

EE--
how does that work out-- gettin the ole tree up the day AFTER Christmas???
you really must be a bargain shopper --

BWA HAHAHAHAHHA

i know-- it was a typo -- it's just been so long since i got to tease YOU -- i couldn't resist :O

hugs sistah !