Friday, November 27, 2009

has anyone seen my oompa loompa ??


REWARD!


missing oompa loompa!!!!



WAIT!
THERE SHE IS-
ON THE LEFT !!



here is my office window-
before the blinds-


here is my office window-
after the blinds-

isn't it loverly? my christmas tree will sit directly in the middle, and will be oh so prett-eee!

guess what else? my family tradition, ever since i can remember, was that we would put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving. that is, until an awful and tragic thing happened in the soul-clan life, shaking our world , and never letting me be my 'old self'.

well, guess what? we have not, in almost 14 years put our tree up the day after thanksgiving. some years, we have actually waited until literally the last minute, and didn't even BUY a tree until Christmas EVE ! unfortunately that was at a time that soulkid was still my starry eyed, santa believing, cookie makin, 2-7 year old , not understandin, baby. and i sucked the magic out of all those memories. i did the best i could, and thank God soulman picked up the slack and did a fine job being santa. if not for him, all those magical years-- or what was left of them.. would have been just days. i'm sure of it.

some of you may not know why this is. but i changed - in a big and very fast way. and not for the better. i caused this family a lot of grief and heart ache. i can't erase any of that. not any more than soulkid can erase what she feels that she has caused.

she made a valiant effort yesterday to make up for what she feels she needed to mend. in our eyes as parents - it wasn't necessary. we love her unconditionally. what has been done - has been done. we don't dwell on the painful times. we look forward to-- and we enjoy the good times we have now. she is an amazing girl. AMAZING. no grudges. clean slate. nothing owed. we just LOVE her.

i'm sure that's how they feel about me. but me? i feel like i have a lot to make up for. a lot of pain. a lot of if only's . i can only start with now. i can't change what is done.
they know that. i know they love me.

oh how many times i couldn't say that before. couldn't believe it. soulkid couldn't either. today we both can.
cuz we are the soul-clan.

ok- i'm done-
i must go now-

i hope you all had great days yesterday-- and better weekends ahead!

hugz to all of you!

12 comments:

desert dirt diva said...

hot damn I'm first yea!!!!!!
Anyways soul beatiful sentiment, and I learned this very thing from my mom... Your a great mom...and you have a good family .. have a great christmas, and love the pictures of your windows, that looks A GOOD CHRISTMAS TREE SPOT....

Smocha said...

Ola ,

Ditto all that. lol now I don't have to type it. :)

Yes the blinds are an awesome improvement over the pinned curtians you had. got that tree up yet? where's the pictures???


love me

Donna said...

Ready or Not, that "L" word catches up with us...it cleans our hearts right out...puts the "crinkle" around our eyes when we smile, and grabs our hearts with that "split second" rush of warmth...No matter How my world is flying in this old universe at any given moment, I know it is "there"...always within reach...
I'm SO happy for you sweetie...
Let the Good Times, Roll...
(((HUG)))

Jamie said...

This post has put the biggest smile of all time on my face. See? This is me smiling.... :D

Yea YOU!

xo

Lena said...

Very moving post. Your office is beautiful by the way.

SOUL said...

HOT DAMN DD-- you are!!
how cool that you still care :))
haha-- how was your turkey day? i hope it was terrific!

thanks girl--

hey i've always had this question... do modern day large families really act like "the waltons" ?

bwa hahahahahaha

big hugs -- and as for good moms-- one is easy -- umm -- easier.

YOU--- are THE MOM --
they should make a tv show about you. i could never do what you do-- not even for one day!

GO YOU!

big hugs to you
and hey-- i need your mailing address!

laterz-

SOUL said...

smocha-- that's just wrong--and you know it. :))

anyhow-- that's alright. i still love ya.

no-- shame on me. you already saw my shameful post of the tree fail.

happy friday-
luv me-

SOUL said...

wow donna--
that comment about floored me. :)) in a good way.
thanks .

happy crap-- i said friday earlier-- it's stinkin saturday huh?

anyhow-- just have a happy day-- whatever it is --

big ole redneck hugs to you!

SOUL said...

hey j
anything to bring a smile-

keep it up-
happy saturday !
(phew , i got it right that time)
laterz

SOUL said...

thanks Lena-- you should see the rest of it-- but my desk is buried at the moment :))

thanks for stoppin by--

have a happy day :))

EE said...

wow. beautiful post!!!

Savannah said...

I LOVE ths post...yes I know I am very very late but i just wanted to tell you how uplifted you made me feel.

Your new office looks beautiful and I love hearing you sound as though you are finding your way Soul friend.