Friday, October 30, 2009

who knew?

hey peeps-- happy frickin friday-- finally!
it seems like it would never get here. really- it shoulda been friday, days ago. seems so, anyhow.

well -- want more on the comforter saga? it's in my car . why? well, i did take it to the cleaners yesterday. then after i went through my sob story about the whole cat ordeal. she tells me i won't get it back til monday or tuesday! hell. i knew it would take a couple days, but that just seems TOO long. i'm like why so long? she shows me the 'care tag' -- now shit, who in the world reads those!?
did y'all have ANY idea that down was machine washable? and actually NOT to be dry cleaned?? i had no idea. i always thought it was like crystal or diamonds or something. i treated that thing like a baby. i wouldn't dare have thought i could dare put it in a washing machine. it's fluffy, soft, delicate feathers people. who would soak it in a machine??? hmmmm..... apparently, everyone! except, me. (i wish i had every feather pillow i ever tossed in the trash -- ugh. machine washable. who the hell knew?

so. needless to say-- i kept it. i wasn't gonna pay them 30 or more dollars to machine wash-- and keep my blanket for almost a week-- and still maybe not get the stains out.
hell i can ruin it myself for free :)) so back in my car it went. and stayed.
i will work on it today --

i would have worked on it yesterday, because i do want it on my bed.. we really love it when it's cold. it's wonderful! but , well, you see.... the weirdest thing happened as i was runnin my errands yesterday. i had several real quick stops after takin soulkid to school. post office box-- pick up, and mail,, then pick up an rx, then hell i don't know one or two more quick things, then i had to go to target--- first i HAD to get a different cat food-- this daily cat puke surprise 'everywhere' was about to kill me, and i also wanted to get the new 'Train" CD-- if you listened to the 'hey soul sister' video the other day-- woo boy-- i love train... my kid says Train writes their songs for ME. i thought that was pretty funny.
anyways-- back to my story-- my back was hurtin when i woke up-- remember?, well, i took meds, and it chilled for a while-- but there i am , in target-- when suddenly -- i may as well have been shot in the back! (no, i've never been shot-- so i'm only guessin at the level of pain) -- but that's how fast, and bad the pain came. i didn't know what to think, or really even what to do. i had a cart-- which was good-- cuz i prolly woulda dropped everything - and maybe even dropped to my knees as well. it was just horrible.
if i didn't have pain meds at home, i would have headed to the hospital. that's how bad and sudden it was. so i just took what i had-- a fraction of what i went for-- but i did have my train cd, the cat food, and a couple other things i went for-- i paid for that and headed right home.
first thing i did was get my damn bra off-- if i could've i woulda took it off in the car-- it was killing my back. so was the tag on my shirt-- i just had to get those things OFF immediately if not sooner. so i did. then texted hubby to see if he could pick up soulkid, and swallowed some pain pills. i usually take two when the pain gets bad-- this time i took 3. i don't know for sure if i have ever taken three at once, but this was near crippling, crying, pain. and if you're wonderin-- nope-- not lucky enough to get stoned...and too chicken to find out how many it would take. i was afraid to go to 3-- surely you don't think i'd attempt 4? nevermind... i wouldn't.
anyhow-- the pain did ease up over the next half hour or so. thank God. (oh and yes -- hubby was gettin off in time to get the kid-- or no-- i wouldn't have taken more than the 2 pills.-- i'm not an idiot.) altho..... :))


ok--- one more topic and i am outta heah----

bah---- nevermind--- i'll save it--- i like to torture smocha like this :))
love ya sis hahhahahahahah (smoooooooch!)

y'all have happy fridays -- and even better weekends!

5 comments:

Smocha said...

I slap you face!

you better spill yer guts woman!

Donna said...

Goodness Girl! Wish they'd figure out Where the pain is coming from!!! Hope you get some decent rest today!!!(((HUG)))

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

:( :( :( that's a triple sad steewt (tweets backwards when things suck)

SO, tomorrow I'm hoping your pain is a bit better, and we can slowly take the steewt and turn it back to:
t
w
e
e
t
!

*smoke and choke*
Xo,
me

Golden To Silver Val said...

Hmmmmm....trust me on this. Until you know exactly how your comforter is going to behave, I would wash it at the laundramat. My friend washed hers at home and it exploded in her washer. That's right. She had feathers EVERYWHERE and it ruined her machine. Don't feel lonely...I never knew that you could wash down either....I always thought it was dry clean or nothin'. I'm sorry about your pain ordeal. See...this just reinforces what I've always said....they need benches placed at intervals in these stores...so one can sit and rest or sit and recoup your nerve to continue on. Last time I went grocery shopping I had to sit in one of the chairs designated for people who wanted their eyes examined because my knee acted up and I could walk no further until I rested. This pain business just sucks!
Good Luck on your washing venture. Hugs, Charlotte

Mary said...

Before I gave my down comforter to my DIL I washed it and put it in the dryer every spring. I also sometimes put it in the dryer on air-fluff. It never seemed to hurt it.

I'm sorry to hear about your severe pain but am glad you were able to make it home. I do wish they could fine the cause and fix it.

I'm thinking of you, LBF