Thursday, August 20, 2009

houston, we have a problem,, and a rant

i didn't think the stairs were gonna be that big a deal here in this house when we moved in. well, i did, but i didn't . just cuz i don't really need to go up there. at least, i didn't THINK i would have to. not until this passed few days as i attempted to test the soulkid on getting up in the mornings "for school". OMG. i think i may die.


i may as well be Rocky in training. pass the glass of raw eggs. really. the mornings are a bad time for me as far as pain goes. and the stairs just might do me in if i have to continue this. and add screaming at her from downstairs to it???? on no. it's not gonna work. i call her cell phone-- she has it on silent! ugh. i yell up there-- she doesn't hear me. i've told her to start setting an alarm. does she? ummm no. i've told her-- get the phone off of silent--- did she-- well, no.

i refuse to continue the up and down thing in pain for a kid her age . i just do. the yelling stresses me out and makes my head hurt. the stairs make my legs and back hurt. and she knows this. it all makes me want to turn into "gran gran" ! LOL. not that i really want to-- it's uncontrollable. then when i hold it in... i become a horrible bitch for the rest of the world to deal with. even i can't be around me. all because i had to go upstairs.

is that not ridiculous???? so preventable.
perhaps i need a megaphone?
a herd of buffalo?
my mom AKA "gran gran" once placed a giant roach on my sisters back because she was terrified of bugs-- cuz she was in trouble--- and my mom was evil--
maybe i'll do that. i'd only have to do it once.

nah.
i'm not like that.

i'll continue to make the awful trip upstairs ten times a day---
it's only for a couple more years, right?

maybe a doorbell, or an intercom system?

ideas, anyone?

(here's "the anthem, by good charlotte" it always makes me think of "gran gran!")
enjoy

12 comments:

Donna said...

i BOUGHT AN INTERCOM SYSTEM FROM cIRCUIT cITY before it closed for Hubby to have when he was in his work shop...works great!!
Check at maybe best buy or Circuit City if you have one there...You push a button and Then you can holler!!lol

Moohaa said...

Cheaper then an intercom system, get a baby monitor. She gets the speaker, you get the walkie talkie part and you can just start waking her up at the right time. And she can't complain back to you. :)

I understand your mornings. That's me all the way. We moved in June to this house with zero stairs and I'm loving it. But we do have a 30 foot long hallway and in the mornings, that hurts like hell.

Take care.

Golden To Silver Val said...

Have hubby wake her up in the morning and make sure she's downstairs. She won't like it but maybe that will give her incentive to get up on her own. If she goes back upstairs and to bed after he leaves for work...she loses the cell phone. Time for some tough love Soul-friend. She will only shut off an intercom or unplug a baby monitor just like she does her phone....but she can't shut off DAD. She may need to be reminded that if she misses school, she may be made to move to a facility where she won't have a choice about sleeping in. Does it sound like I've been through all this personally....you betcha I have!
Hang in there...take back your castle (thats what I keep telling my daughter). Love and hugs, Charlotte.

Unknown said...

Next time, wake her with a firecracker. The messy sheets will be worth never having to be responsible for waking her again.

Angie Weid said...

Try a baby monitor with the volume turned WAY UP!

Smocha said...

I was also going to say a baby monitor and make her pay for it!

After reading everyone's comments I just had a lovely little memory come back to me. Picture it ...probably Bakersfield, Ladonna refused to get out of bed. Imagine her shock when your mother called the cops on her.Told them she refused to get up and go to school . "She's out of control!"
The cops actually drug her ass out of bed and made her go to school.
LOL

Lets hope it never gets to that point :))

Jamie said...

OMGsoh, I KNOW the stairs problem.

Hmmmm...you know, once my little sister called the police about my niece not getting up for school. Drastic, but I think it helped.

XOXOXO

:)

ac said...

Those stairs are scary. :--(


Wake up little suzy!

I don't know why but this post made that song pop into my head.

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Val said. Soul Kid will probably ignore any device you put in her room, and there's no way you should have to climb the stairs to haul a kid that age out of bed. Let Dad be the bad guy here and drag her butt down in the mornings. I bet he can! :-) I know how important it is for her to get to school, it's also important that she learn to be responsible for herself. No one will be around to make her get up and go to work as an adult. Tough love all the way, but no roaches please!! :-)

SOUL said...

y'all crack me up--
lots of good suggestions--
thinkin we'll go ahead and go with the baby monitor-- PLUS dad.

school starts monday--- oh joy.

Lord help me. Us. ugh.

i think i can, i think i can, i think i can.

ps-- i have threatened her with having to sleep downstairs on the couch if i have to continue goin up to get her. she would hate that-- she LOVES her room.

dad will get her up in the mornings... he's a pretty good alarm clock... sometimes when he can't wake me up -- for whatever reason... he doesn't take it well.. and it's not fun-- for anybody.

so, i'll let ya know how that all works out---
i'm sure monday will be tough-- i'll give her a week before i break out the giant roaches :))
(palmetto bugs, actually-- they aren't roaches. but still eeewwweeee) btw-- i would never do that.


happy satahday

SOUL said...

smocha--
i remember the cops thing-- i thought that was mean..
but when soulkid was in like 4th or 5th grade--
i did tell her i was gonna call her principal to come take her to school ! she was up in a flash.
:))

SOUL said...

AC---
wake up little suzy is my worst nightmare to wake up to!
my sister used to torture me with that song :)) add a nine month old baby wes to the picture-- crawling, drooling, and hair pulling.. on my 14 year old sleeping self-- and her jumping on my bed, singin that song!---

now there's an idea---
jamie-- wanna send brodie over? :))

ac--when you gonna blog again.