Wednesday, June 10, 2009

still wednesday---

ok, so y'all aren't in the fishin mood today. how bout we talk about email for a sec?
if i owe you an email, and you haven't heard from me... this might be why...
i copied this from my first page of my inbox :

Messages 1-50 of 2532.

that's right-- you didn't read it wrong. that is how many emails are waiting for attention in my in-box. lazy much? it has gotten so out of hand i can't even face it now. i just flag them, intending on "gettin to em later" .... well, it is just at the point of no return now. along with being downright wrong , and neglectful. if i didn't have bills and receipts etc in there... i'd just hit the delete button about thirty times-- and apologize to whoever deserves it-- which is almost everyone i know. then i would start fresh-- i would hope.... with an empty in-box that i could actually manage.
if it helps at all--- i fell behind when my lung exploded -- (did it help?) ya, i didn't think so. i spose i just lack in the keeping up with my peeps department.
anyhow--- i've been trying lately to keep up better-- if you've noticed? if it matters.
even if it doesn't i still apologize.

ok...anyhow-- what else? i'm sure that's more than enough of that.

anyone here from Michigan? i know some of ya know angie. she's my friend from up there. she's comin out here to roast real soon.. oh i mean to visit. it will be our first time meeting in person. from what i know of her so far from blogs, email and such... she seems like a most awesome and interesting person. not sure if ya know this-- but she is a rocket scientist. for real. that is just cool to me. i don't know if it's the aircraft mechanic in me-- or if it's just something that fascinates me. (that kinda stuff always has really, since i was a kid. when i got out of the navy i applied for a job in california to work with the space shuttle..not on the crew of course-- but for the supply or maintenance crew-- but that of course didn't work out. they don't hire fishing sloths.
but anyhow-- the original invitation for her to come out here involved a job-- of helping me sort and pack , and dispose of many things in my garage-- and some other areas --as we are getting ready to move , and buy a house real soon. i was actually surprised when she said yes-- and so quickly too. i have given her many outs on the working part of her visit, as it is only a few days-- i would much rather play while she's here... but she is dead set on helping me get stuff done-- so that's what we'll do. but bygummit-- we will find time to let her get her a big ole texas bass before she leaves.
ooops, more fish i forgot y'all weren't in the fish mood.. cept motha.... she loves me. :))
i fish, therefore, i am.
i am what?
senile?
a sloth?
late -- again? yes that's it- i gotta go to the doctah.

that's prolly a good thing-- cuz i just can't keep my head screwed on straight today. i have scrambled eggs up there today. too much on my mind. even with a list, i can't figure out what i'm supposed to be doin. i think i just need to go fishin. i been wanting to all day long. it's a perfect day for it. but i have been too busy.

ok-- i need to get goin.

i'll be around later on.

10 comments:

Angie Weid said...

Thank you for your kinds words. We WILL have fun, though we have to spend a small bit of time tackling your home. Plenty of time for fishing and other fun stuff. I do want to catch me a big o' Texas size bass.

1 and a wake up (as you say).....

SOUL said...

ola.. well, you haven't given me a need to say anything bad about you yet-- let's wait and see how things are when ya leave-- bwahahahahaha---
just kiddin.

yep--- times flyin eh.. we'll have a good time--

you aren't afraid of storms are ya? we had a doozy last night-- but no hail this time - phew!
just thunder- lightening, rain, and 65 mph winds.
and no kiddin, it all started within fifteen minutes after i got home from the dr. and errand stuff.
i got lucky.
i don't mind storms-- but i don't like drivin in em.. and obviously-- i am not hail friendly since my cars got messed up. ugh.

it's thursdaaaayyyy--- woo hoo!
yep-- 1 and a wake up!

ac said...

I'm so excited for you and Angie. I think it's tres cool when blog friends meet!

Who isn't in a fishing mood?

BAN their sorry butts!!!!

Bwwhahahahahhahah!

(Just kidding mon ami) :) Hugs! ac

SOUL said...

hiya A--
i just figured-- cuz no one had much to say yesterday-- guess i was "tres boring" :))

i'm in such a crappy mood today. it's STILL raining. i've already had to drive the kid to school..then later , i have to go bring her home-- and turn right around and head back out to a neuro appt.

rainy days are great, when you can lay around ane eat and watch movies etc... but when ya gotta work, and drive and do busy stuff-- well, it kinda sucks. especially when ya have a neurotic dog who is afraid of thunder--- ugh. she's such a big baby.

happy thursday-

Smocha said...

guess I'[m even more boring than you . :((


I can't help cackling about all the free time you gals are going to have.

Love me:)

SOUL said...

what free time you weirdo???
come out here and help us you laze.

Golden To Silver Val said...

Ah, well you know I'm in Michigan and this weekend we just MIGHT have a couple 80 degree days which is great with me! Hope you guys have a good time no matter what you're doin' ... but just don't forget to post some pictures....some before and after ones too. Keep smilin'. Love, Charlotte

Jamie said...

Hey - stranger ----

I am okay, just have been 'puterless, for the most part. And busy...

You sound really good, and that makes me happy. When will angie be in texas? You will have the best time.

Miss you - go catch a fish!

xo

Smocha said...

SOUL: said...

what free time you weirdo???

Ha HA!! That's what I meant. I've helped you move before. You have so much stuff....there IS no freee time. LOL
I hope she cures you of your packratism.Bwa ha ha!!!

Seriously, wish I was there. I'm bored. :)

Smocha said...

update hawg!!!