Tuesday, March 24, 2009

still twosday - the weather guessers guessed wrong

i canceled my VA appointment this morning- cuz they said it was gonna rain all day. well, storm actually. i really needed to go. y'all know how cheap i am, and i am just sick of payin these pill bills. but, i canceled it anyhow, and it was too late to do anything about it when it never rained. so i rescheduled. no biggie.

i went fishin instead!!! i didn't have much time for fishing-- or so i thought. it was sposed to rain at any moment, but if all i got was a moment i was takin it! and i did.
i was headin to my regular ole pond-- but somethin told me to give the creek a shot. and y;all know the fishin has been crap over there for over a year--since it flooded.
well-- i figured i'd try somethin different. i threw a crankbait-- fire-tiger jointed thunderstick, to be exact. :)) on about my third cast--- look what i got--- :))

and there is no need to tell me that the fish looks better than me-- i already know that.




but isn't he pretty?
i was on a hill kinda-- so i couldn't rinse him off--
i didn't even have a rag to wipe off the grass---

but look at this pic :
(same fish)
well.. only fish too, but that's alright.



he's a helluvalot bigger than he looks in the other pic huh?
niiiice fish. and fun to catch.
i LOVE bass fishing.
you non fisher types just don't know what you're missin.

before i left i got hung up in some twigs on the bank as i was reelin in.
when i went down to unhook it-- cuz they don't make these lures anymore--
i wasn't about to lose it..or break my rod yankin on it.
so i go down there-- and
LOOK what i found---




any idea what they are?
well, of course they're eggs----
i mean what kind.
mary? do you know?

at first i was like oh shit! snake eggs!
yep , after the other day i have snakes on the brain.
but i imagine they're too big for snake eggs huh?
then i thought.. turtle???
i don't think so.
then it occured to me.. i think they are duck eggs.. but i'm not sure.
i thought ducks and chickens etc stayed with the eggs??
i don't know nuthin bout birthin no "wild" eggs.

anybody got any ideas?

have a closer look... there are feathers there.



also you can click on any of these pics to see better.

welp--
my back is killin me--
i was runnin around alllll day after that-
i came home for a few minutes to change clothes-
then i was out the whole rest of the day til 7 pm
runnin errands, exchanging my bad urchases i mentioned.
i even closed my last spare account. aren't y'all proud?
we have only one bank now--
and it's pretty easy to manage online.
phew--what a load off.
i will never have three banks again!

anyhow-- i hope you all had good days
and are having good nights too.
i'm whooped and suppose i shall be goin to bed soon.

laterz peeps

11 comments:

ac said...

I think those eggs might be duck eggs.

You are way cuter than that fish!

Golden To Silver Val said...

A great lookin' fish being held by one helluva woman! I think you're looking pretty dang good for all the crap you've been through. Gettin' a little meat on them bones.
Ever wonder if fish think? If they do, I wonder what they think when you put them back? Can you just imagine? "Oh sweet baby Jesus, I can breathe again!....last time I've ever try somethin' new to eat..I'm outta here".

Smocha said...

I also have to go with duck eggs . Now is the time of year they always lay eggs on someones boat around here :)

It's so funny to me that you are such a fisher woman. Do we blame Robert for this? LOL

Glad you had good luck . I reckon that's a pretty nice fish.

I agree with Val, I wonder if fish think.

What's yer POD?

Love me

Andrew said...

Mmmmm eggs! Let's make an omelet!

Angie Weid said...

Great to hear about a happy day! I don't get out fishing much, but when I do, Bass Fishin' is the way to go. Those buggers are fun. Walleye fishing is good. Bigger fish ... very tasty, too.

Jamie said...

I like the eggs better than the fish, unless of course he's been baked and is on my plate.

I hope you are feeling well today, i miss you. Answer my email woman. xo :)

Debbie said...

Don't know duck eggs from any other eggs...

Now that's a fish and I think you look WAY better than the fish does!

XX said...

That fish is HUGE! I bet it's a tasty treat!

SOUL said...

well, it's unanimous--- they're duck eggs. anyone want me to go bury some ?-- a few weeks from now we could have a balute party..haha..(GAG)
google balut prolly spelled that wrong both times. but you'll know it if you see it---ugh. hard to believe people eat THAT.

i am not cuter than the fish----but my attention span/memory is about as long as him.

SOUL said...

charlotte--
gettin meat on those bones eh? well-- you could say that--- but i say i'm gettin fat.
g'nite

Mary said...

I was late reading - I'm behind, too. I think they are duck eggs. Because of the bits of down in one picture and the fact that they are above ground I don't think they are reptile eggs.

Great fish. You aren't fat. Look at me - now that's fat.