Wednesday, February 25, 2009

another busy day ahead --


howdy folks--
i'm writing something i didn't plan on writing when i started--- but that's just me, and how my mind works these days.
i already had some of these pix up, so maybe i'll just work both ideas into this thing. yep-- it's early-- ok, not so early, but my brain just hit overdrive---

did i ever mention to y'all that i have PTSD?? well, i'm sure i have , somewhere along the way here--- BUT, one part of this diagnosis is-- the sound of sirens. depending on where my family is , or sometimes where i am... it can cause mild, to severe panic attacks with me.

this is due to something that happened years ago-- that i don't have time or effort to get into right now--- but trust me, it's valid... and it sucks.

so-- gettin on with this thing--

soulman just left for work-- maybe ten minutes before i began to hear sirens. LOTS of sirens. it had to be cops, ambulance, fire truck - paramedics. the whole shebang.,and they were close-- and loud.
i went straight into my panic mode-and thinking--

he got in a wreck.. it's him.. i should drive over and look down the street--- a hundred thoughts went thru my head in a matter of seconds. i HATE IT! i have been this way for about 20 years. it's a fear, and panic that even anxiety meds don't help. (much), but right now, i am not on any meds-- (note to self--take a.m. meds) :))

so anyhow--- the sirens --- ugh --- i just new it was close--whatever "it" was-- and must be bad cuz there was so many.

eegads! y'all just don't know what it does to me.

one of two "moods" will overtake me today---

THIS?
or THIS_


BUT-- hey ---
luckily soulman is well aware of my panic disorder-- and many of the triggers for it..

so, before i could worry for too long---
he called me.. to let me know-- it was right down the street--- but it was not him.
PHEW.

apparently a highschool girl was driving in front of him...
and flipped her car!!!!
OMG. how scary--
(having a hubby and an almost driving kid--
i don't even wanna think of car wrecks!)
anyhow he said he stopped---of course-- and helped her out of her car-- called 911 etc...
her parents showed up while we were on the phone.
apparently she wasn't hurt-- but i'll bet she's gonna be feelin some pain later.

so anyhow--- her windows fogged up-- and she couldn't see-- and ended up on her side in a concrete culvert.
she was just inexperienced---
she shoulda stopped --or rolled her window down... or any number of things to clear her windshield ---

SO--
note to moms and dads- with driving kids---
add foggy window solutions to your list of --
"if this happens while you're driving-isms.



and be sure to tell 'em , before
THAT happens.

=============================================

anyways , i am late gettin ready to go , so i gotta get offa heah---

but THIS-



was gonna be my original post for the day----
i had planned on bitching about hubby and his x-box 360 addiction.
but i think i'll just be glad he is ok today-- and the girl in the wreck is ok---
and it can ALWAYS be worse---
no matter wth, you think is so bad.

happy humpday!!!

8 comments:

SOUL said...

there goes another siren.. i wonder if it's the kid goin to the hospital.
at least i know hubby is far enough away now that it aint him.

i also know -- i have ta get UP-- or i am gonna be waaay late for group.

take it easy peeps...

and drive safe!
laterz

Cheryl said...

I had some catching up to do, but you sound really upbeat. Hope group goes well. I'm proud of you for going.

BTW...still reading those 1,003 things about friends!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

was the pic that you posted of the actual accident?

I know what you mean on sirens. have you ever, back before there were cell phones, and when your love didn't make it home when he said he would, call the police station or hospital to see if there were any patients there with his name?

Feel better? cuz I have. So I know how you feel. It's an awful fear but it just goes to show everyone how much you love and care for your family.

Thank you for the fog reminder..that's something I never thought about before.

Miss u.
tweets.

EE said...

I don't have PTSD and I do the same darn thing when I hear sirens... almost to the point of panic attacks at times.
Sydney gets her driver's permit in September... I don't even want to think what THAT'S going to be like.

Brad said...

It's funny what things can trigger your mind to go stormin off in no direction. Panic attacks are the worst - the few times I had them I remember thinking .WTF? I know nothings really wrong why am I freaking out?, - any way - glad soulman's safe - I got me some catching up to do as well - sure is easy to get behind! XOXOBC

josie2shoes said...

Isn't that the truth... we can have a bunch of little irritations regarding those we love, but when it comes right down to the thought of losing them, those issues seem a whole lot less important.

Wailing sirens can be so scary and it's understandable that they push you into panic mode. It was great of your hubby to call and reassure you. I'm glad that girl was able to walk away!

audrod777 said...

yah, I think everyone has an initial reaction to sirens going off right after someone leaves "Is it______?".
I have to literally take control of my thoughts and say to myself "the Lord has not given me a spirit of fear, but one of love (and perfect love cast out fear),power (to overcome panic) and a sound mind (so,Audrey,quit thinkin like that!)!!!!
See,you aint as nuts as you think! :)

Mary said...

Sirens send me into panic mode, too. I hate it but that's the way it is. It started about the time my oldest began to drive and never went away.