Tuesday, January 13, 2009

it's a two-fer tuesday

(the below post was transferred from jamies comment box. i figured i would put it here , just because if anyone misses it there-- anyone who needs to see it might catch it here. )

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

apparently, in an earlier statement i left here... which i clearly have since deleted... for obvious reasons...was a bit misinterpreted by several folks as unkind to jamie/ "dear liza". that was not my intention.

the written world here in blogland is often "misheard" , so allow me to clarify a couple of things.

first - when it comes to taking things the wrong way in the written world -- i am the worst one in the history of blogging. i can take the simplest of words and perceive them as a personal attack.

apparently that happened here. and some people understood my "reaction" / comment as anger towards jamie or maybe even a disregard to her home, or hospitality. it was neither, i assure you all.

jamie has a gorgeous home. she says she didn't clean house while i was there so that we could spend time together... what i said about her house truly was a compliment-- meaning that she has an immaculate home... that doesn't need constant attention.
she is a wonderful hostess, and i was very spoiled by her there. she even brought my coffee to me in the morning. she's a great cook, and i can't brag on her enough. i am not used to being a guest in someone's home, and maybe i didn't think about the fact that i should have mentioned all of that when i got back. she even remembered that my favorite candy was peanut butter m-n-m's.. and when i left i hadn't eaten any-- so she let me take the whole bag home.

i don't know how to right what damage i have done, by what i said. it honestly wasn't meant the way that it was "heard".

so.. i guess i can't say any more than that..
except that i have apologized to her for embarrassing her publicly on her page -- through my own white-trashism.
and i also apologize to her kids, and trav.

i had a wonderful time there.

and i thank her for that.

i guess that's enough out of me.

sincerely-soul

12 comments:

Charli Henley said...

A didn't follow what happened before you mentioned it in this post. But I am struck by the honesty and nobility of your apology. Some people find it very difficult to say "I'm sorry." You have done it here with grace.

Jamie said...

Goodheavens...goodheavens..GOODHEAVENS...:)

xo

Anonymous said...

I think oprah did this

Here is a great article i found about
the acai berrys. I didnt know about this
stuff and wish i had along time ago. Hope
this helps.

http://emergevictoriousoverfat.com/2009/01/acai-berries/

Brad said...

I'm sure I shoot my mouth off all the time. I'm sure people take me wrong sometimes when I'm trying to be funny.

Don't sweat the small stuff - We know where your hearts at!

desert dirt diva said...

what the hell...did i miss something.....you 2 are besties and you should be able to say what you want.. dang at least when i go to my yearly trip, I know there ain't NO ONE waitng on me....I even get to clean....yep bathrooms and the whole enchillda...I'm her maid...:)but thats o.k. dang and jamie brings you coffee...are you hearing this my witchbag....And i even call her names.....but we are friends, and she knows i would never ever do anything that would hurt her, or her feelings......and thats what true friends are....like witchbag...and that is how you and jamie seem to be , and not everyone has this kind of friendship..so they just don't understand....
and no i'm not really her maid....hope this comment does not offend anyone!

Jamie said...

But what i want to know is....


what DID Oprah do?

Smocha said...

what the hell happend? and why would you delete your comments for some stranger?
You and Jamie know your own deal.

Like My witchbag said...."you 2 are besties and you should be able to say what you want"

Oh , and yes , I do NOT bring her coffee ...only because that's the only way I can entice her to get out of bed.
"Poo Poo ,the coffee is ready, mmmm ,smell the delicious coffee?" lol

And yes, I do save the cleaning of the ceiling fans for when SHE comes...but she's 6 feet tall . It's much easier for HER to do it.
She knows this. But she forgot to adddddd...that when she's pregnant as hell , I am THERE with no qualms, on my hands and knees, scrubbing her kitchen floor .

We love each other.
You guys love each other, what the hell does Oprah have to do with any of this?
what did we miss ????

desert dirt diva said...

ytes and she is right she did scrub my floors oh and i did forget to metion, i even got myself a speacil cleaning thing to do the ceiling fans with....because its what we do....and yes she is also right about the coffee......besties are gods blessings.....

Anonymous said...

WHAT did Oprah do? aj

SOUL said...

i don't know about oprah -- cept no one will marry her.
she'll leave all her money to her cats. well. if she's not allergic that is.


as for explaining "our deal" ...
nah.

but thanks .


and HI JAMIE
:) good heavens is right.

EE said...

OMG... I do this every day of my life. I am forever apologizing for something I've said that someone else has taken the wrong way.
I'm sure that Jamie was not offended, and that's the only person who really matters in that situation, right???:)

SOUL said...

i know you do erin... ugh. sucks don't it?
but yes you're right-- and so are "lucy and ethel" up there.
jamie understands that i was raised by wolves. :))
happy weekend e