Sunday, December 7, 2008

sunday babbling

what is wrong with me? wait , don't answer that. :))
but my sleep pattern is more screwed up than i think it ever has been. it's drivin me crazy. i don't know if it was the Summer schedule, that messed it up. or if it was before i got sick--with the lung thing--- and added a sleep aide to my already heavy pre-bed cocktail? -- or maybe even after the lung-- good lord since then - in less than 2 months--- i have taken more pain meds than i have even seen in the previous YEAR. ok.. not quite. six months maybe. but still. i'd be way way down on that intake-- if it weren't for this never-ending freakin headache. but i keep trying to get rid of it now for a month-- with little to no releif, so i have been gettin what i think they call "rebound headaches" (migraines)-- because of the meds that are supposed to help it. it's just stupid.
but-- i will tell ya this: and i don't really care if this is something you can believe in or not-- i know a lot of you do tho-- but last night-- once again, i was fighting this headache in bed.. nothing i took for it helped, i was at the point that i was even online-- yep-- with the good doctor google-- looking up "persistent headache."
cuz this is one thing..medical.. i refuse to go all mental over and think it's a tumor or worse ya know. i figured it has to be some other reason for it. that's when i found that the meds could cause the rebound h/a's -- and also-- i knew already , but thyroid probs can cause headaches too-- i just didn't know it would be one 6 week long damn headache.
so anyways-- my phone rings... i answer it.. :)).. i usually do that if it rings ya know.
and it's a friend of mine who surely gets the most spiritual person in my life award.
we talk for a while, and she decides to pray for me-- and for God to release me from this horrible headache. i have to say-- i have never heard anyone pray like that-- aside from a preacher or that type of person. and at first i was a little surprised that this was coming from who is was coming from. i've known her most her life-- of course with long absences-- but still.. she was amazing. yes, it was prolly just a simple prayer-- to any other one of you-- maybe even to her-- as i know she was distracted and busy at the time anyhow. but for me.. it was just , well, a lot to take in i guess is the easiest way to word that one.
so, she prayed aloud, and i of course tried to keep up and pray with her.
afterwards -- we still had more to talk about-- and to be honest-- my headache was still hangin on.
BUT -- this morning-- well yes, i woke up with it.. the headache-- but i'm so used to it, i didn't think much more than .. shit!-- so i did my morning junk, sat down, took my head med -- :))-- and guess what?
i can't say it's totally gone-- but i do believe that it is on it's way out. prayer works folks. i don't know if you know that-- but it really does. i've seen it work in other peoples lives-- and i have seen it work in mine too. things just seem to happen sometimes-- and it's not always at the exact time that "we" want it to happen. but with patience and faith... anything is possible. i think i had forgotten that. at least for it to be so in my life. i say it to other people all the time. but i need to be reminded i guess, that God is on my side too.

so--- i guess that's enough for pastor Soul for one day.

on to other things.

not only did i wake to a headache.. actually-- ya know what i really woke to? my damn phone ringing. that's what. who was it at 8 somethin on a sunday morning??? a stinkin recording, goin on about some factory warranty AGAIN. this place calls me and soulmans phone-- i bet between us-- 8 times a week. and there's no way to shut it up-- make it stop calling-- nothin. so i hung up on it-- went to put the phone back on my table--and i missed, the phone fell on the floor-- and that was it for me.. i was UP.

so--- i go to make my coffee--- it's always-- if not my first thought of the day-- it's my second. i LOVE my coffee in the morning. and i feel like crap-- and act even worse than that if i don't have my coffee. so what happens? i go in there-- we are OUT of coffee !!!!!! think i'm goin out into 32 degrees to go get coffee??? NOT.
there was a little-- about a cup and a half left in the pot from yesterdays scrounging... yes-- i KNEW we were out yesterday, but i didn't go anywhere, and forgot we neede3d coffee. dammit. so today-- i nuke my one and a half cups of day old coffee-- and that's it for me . it's not enough either. in fact-- i'm pissed .
i want more, but i'm too lazy slash cold to go get some. and really it pretty much sucks.

i don't think it will kill me.. but i am wondering how long it will be before i end up at starbucks. or beg hubby to go get some coffee.
there are two things i NEVER run out of in this place---- that's coffee and cigarettes. now, over the last couple months? i have run OUT of BOTH.
ugh. i just can't get it together y'all. really.

i get one thing caught up on, and another thing falls to hell. what is UP with that?
that is the million dollar question.

ok-- now what? that's my morning rant and soap box lecture of the day.

oh i know--
i still need to get a few pix up here. now that i have my camera back-- i shall do that-- latah. :)) but i will get to it today. i said that yesterday-- but yesterday was a pretty lay low-crappy day for me. not sure why-- just was.

i spose i will go now and attempt to do something productive. what that is, i really don't know yet.
but i'll get back to you on that.

hope you all have happy days in your worlds today

7 comments:

Mary said...

I believe that prayer - real heartfelt prayer - is the best cure in this world.

I think we have discovered the cause for my acute asthma attacks. I wrote about it in my blog.

If I ran out of coffee I'd be in a real pickle. Our coffee pot is always hot from dawn to after dusk.

I hope you have a good day today and a better one tomorrow, my friend. Hugs to you

Golden To Silver Val said...

Ahhh Soul...you KNOW prayer works. We both saw it work with Jamie, didn't we? I'm glad your headache packed its bags and left. Talk about overstaying your welcome! Hope each day is better and better. Hope is a wonderful thing,you know. Life wouldn't be worth living without it.
Out of coffee!! OMG. Its happened to me before and I HATE it. I only have it usually in the morning to get a good kick start, but I sure need it. Sometimes I'll have some in the evening too....it just depends on my mood.
We are having a heat wave...its 16 now but we have quite a bit of snow. Getting 2 more inches tomorrow. I read in the weather forecast that they are predicting RAIN for Tuesday. That's gonna be a mess! I'm headed for bed. Have a good night, Soul-friend.

ac said...

Good to know your headache is better today. Hope you got more coffee. My neighbor just bought me cookies. I need milk. It's chilly in Floreeeduh. Burrrr! That's all the news that's fit to print. :) xxoxoxoxoxo ac

Moohaa said...

Praise God. He works good for those who love Him. I sure will be praying it stays away for good!!

Jamie said...

Wonderful news that your headache is better!

Out of coffee? I can send some to you, but you might want to go get some until it shows...

There are two things that WE cannot run out of: yes, those are the two. Soulman had better get in gear. :)

xo

Smocha said...

Aren't you proud of how that little 5 year old ,we once knew has turned out?
I have also prayed with her before.

That's one long headache you had. :(

Where have you been all weekend?
What'd ya do?

Only a few more days. Yikes!
I'm nervous.Come help me with all my work! LOL

Love me

ac said...

Hope you're having a good day and staying warm over there. xoxo ac