Friday, December 5, 2008

nonsensical ramblings from an un-jolly soul :))


href="http://bumperstickers.cafepress.com/item/i-brake-for-sloths-bumper-sticker/40164109" target="_blank">I Brake For Sloths Bumper Sticker




i just have to get this.. and the hat i had on here a while ago. i guess santa will be bringin santa her own slothy crap this year.
we went too mental last year on gifts. only cuz we never could before. but all have now been properly notified---

the soul clan is broke-- expect little or nothing from our place. sorry.


speaking of broke---

guess what?
here's some money saving good things that happened to me yesterday!

1- i found my camera !!!!! woo hoo !!!! (yep- it's a senile thing-just like i thought. i hide things from soulkid--or even my own self sometimes-- then never find it/em again. well.. my camera was where i usually keep it-- only, covered up with a buncha junk. the kid was gettin a little too attached to it. know what i mean? but i found it and i am happy. i tend to be a suspicious type-- and did not want to get to the point of doubting any teenagers around here. ya know. i just been robbed too many times. :( but i did good. i just had a feelin i would find it-- and i did. yaaayyy .

2-- i FILLED up my car yesterday @ $1.59 a gallon !! i haven't seen gas that cheap in .. hell, i don't even know. seems just a couple months ago though, it cost over 60.00 to fill er up--- i paid like $21.00 and some change.
you KNOW i was doin the happy dance with my cheap ass self. :))

3-- my child lost her lower-- glued in-- retainer-- for like the umpteenth time... and yesterday she got her new one. it cost 150.00--- i asked if i could pay in january when our "flexible spending account"-- medical banked money card-- kicks in. they said YES! woo hooo.

4- -and that made me happy-- cuz we had a bunch of rx's to fill. between me and soulkid-- it it gettin carazay! even with insurance--- it's just outrageous trying to get or stay healthy anymore. one of hers was 72.00, another was 40.00, one of mine was the Usual copay of 10.00.... BUT---- omg-- i almost stroked out when they told me the chantix i had been bitchin about not havin for the last week, had finally been called in and was ready----- for a mere $112.00. i nearly fell out . BUT, i broke out the ole plastic-- that WAS christmas stash, and paid it. that's a lot of damn money for meds. i am seriously gonna have to drag my ass to dallas-- soon-- and get my meds from there. they won't have the chantix... but i spend at minimum, on a regular basis, every month--just for me and all my stupid ailments.. $10,4,10,40,10,70, 10, 10,10,-- so that adds up to ??? = OMG .. $174.00 ! each month. how STUPID that i pay that out of pocket... when i could get ALL of them except for 2 of the ten dollar ones, FREE from the veterans hospital. (because they are all service connected.) ugh. i COULD be payin... 20 a month for the migraine med.. cuz the VA doesn't carry it-- even tho migraines are SC. and then the hydrocortisone (steroids).. cuz they won't SC the addisons' . which i think is BS-- i think that's what started my entire downfall. but anyhow--- that was a whole lotta nuthin about a whole lota nuthin. but-- good to know i could-- and will..be saving 150 a month on freakin meds.
IF ONLY i would carry my traffic phobed self to dallas!!! oh how i do not wanna. but i must.grrrrr.
why didn't i add that crap up a year ago? i don't want to see their doctors-- i want to keep my own dr's , but once the VA knows what i take-- they'll give it to me-- and usually 6 months worth-- well one month at a time of course. but still. that adds up. i spose i best be gettin on the phone huh?

hmmmm... anything else? i'm thinkin not. looks like i have money on the brain today. not my favorite kinda days. good motivation for cleaning though. stress is a good motivator for me. well, sometimes it is. other times it lays me out. but lately it has been working to my advantage. y'all should see my house. those who "know" me would be proud :)) i know i am.


i also HAVE to get a freakin haircut. my gawd, if i don't i'm just gonna break down and let soulkid cut it! she does her friends, and hasn't butchered anybody yet. she's actually pretty good. i'm just weird about my hair, and who cuts it. i know, you couldn't tell by lookin, but that's cuz-- for some reason, even tho i have the simplest of haircuts--- nobody can do it right. ugh.
that would be why i look like cousin IT right now-- with mousy brown yukky hair. i just gotta get it cut. once it's cut-- hubby will frost it for me. i hope. well, he better, or i will just go pay for it-- and he will wish he did. bwa hahahahahaha.

ok-- i better get up off my laze, and get this day goin.
it's garbage day, and cleanin the fridge is on my list-- woo hoo !!! one of my hated chores-- in case you didn't know.

happy trails my friends....
i'll be around later on, and try to catch up.
well, unless i can talk someone into goin to see a movie. i don't even know what's out-- do you???

oh first----
what's worse than fallin asleep cruisin blogs?
fallin asleep chatting with someone on yahoo-- that's what-- and not just once-- like four times !!! ugh. now, that is patience! (on her part)
haha. and embarrassing -(on mine)

laterz peeps-


oh btw ===




anybody christmas shopping yet?
i'm only thinkin about it so far.
tree goes up this weekend (it's still in storage.)
i'll put my snowbabies out today tho--- maybe that will help de-scrooge me????
yep suuuure. maybe in another life. but i can try. i am demanding happiness from myself AND others this christmas!

ok-- i gotsta get goin.. late now-- oops.

happy days to y'all

19 comments:

Smocha said...

You better unscrooge your ass before I get there:)

And comment on my stupid blog my slorch.

My ONE med costs 154.00 a month right now. What a scam!

I must get busy tew. Finally I can do house work. Those damn cat papers have taken up my entire week. GAH!!
Want some moldy Thanksgiving leftovers? My fridge is still full of them:)

Luv me

ac said...

Hope you have a good day. Come clean out my fridge. hahaha

Get out them snow babies! They are sure to brighten your el scrooge-O mood. I don't have a clue what can be done about mine.

I wrote something downstairs because I'm late as usual. ha I didn't have time to post yesterday. I was a busy girl, cleaning up my art room.

Art room 1

ac 0

Up the ladder. Down the ladder. Up. Down. Up. Down.

omg...It kicked my butt.

I got a surprise in the mail tho. It was lovely! :)

xoxoxoxoxo ac

Cheryl said...

So glad you found your camera. And that it was you who 'lost' it. Aren't you glad you didn't blame someone?

You'd think the VA could mail you the meds. Do they think everyone can drive? I'd say you have to get there. That's a huge savings.

I'm just home from work and pooped! I wanted to cruise a little, but I won't be up much longer.

I got a surprise in the mail today. Thank you!! Mine will arrive one day. I should be working on that right now, but there's always tomorrow.

My fridge is clean. It's the floor I hate.

SOUL said...

hi girls--

i never got to touch my fridge - or any other chores today. i ran around all day runnin errands, but it turned out to be one of those days that ya turn around and wonder wth happened ... it's bedtime, and i have nothin to show for my day. hmmm. well. ok maybe not entirely true. i may have a little somethin post worthy for the smoke n choke.


smocha-- what med would that be?? is that with insurance?
it IS a scam, ALL of it. i was bitchin tonight about this stupid blood test (PT-INR) i have to get for six months-- one or two times a week. at 20.00 a visit??? it just now hit me tonight-- 20-40 a week-- for FIVE more months??/ i just may have to take my chances.
ugh.

glad y'all are catchin the mail :))
i finally got a early start for once in about twelve years.

haven't done any shopping yet-- but the cards are almost the hardest part-- and it's done.

moldy leftovers sound divine btw. :))

ya gonna make it AC??
i'll pass on the fridge offers yall-- i'm barely gonna make it to my own in time for christmas groceries.

i may trade fridge for floor with cheryl tho--
and oh ya man... i hate it when i go off and accuse someone -- then find what i was lookin for that i hid ugh boy.


anyways ladies-- i'm whooped and takin my old lady self to bed-
g'nite

SOUL said...

oh, i almost forgot- the VA WILL mail the rx's i just have to be "seen" first. oh yippee.

and btw-- i STILL need a damn haircut

erg

g'nite

Golden To Silver Val said...

Got my shoppin' done and I'm so proud of myself because everything I got was on sale. Yippee. One place had stuff at 50% off with free shipping and I had a coupon for an extra 15% off on top of that. Woo hoo. Keep Warm....its now TWELVE here! This is ridiculous.

SOUL said...

rub it in charlotte-- rub it in... :))
i'll pass you tho-- i will catch up and pass you and you'll still be wrappin crap while i'm eatin big ole cookies on christmas morning.
ha
g'nite girl

Smocha said...

That would be for my dang Effexor. My thryroid medicine is cheap.

That is without insurance . Because I have none. Since August ,my insurance is only in England.
So we've also been wasting about 100 a month on some "emergency insurance" for me ,incase I broke my leg or something. But it covers nothing else.

Oh ,speaking of ripoffs. My spouse told me to just pay 2 days on the stupid rental car. So we won't have to drive to the airport twice. Woo hooo!!

But I DO have to take the cats to the vet that morning before I can leave. ack!

What's yer POD? You know that Lucy will be one tvland for hours ,right? :)

Love me

Smocha said...

That would be ON .lol not ONE

SOUL said...

smocha thank yo hubby for me.. i was soooo not lookin forward to the early extra drive to the airport-- ugh. but-- i would have done it. anything for you poops. :))

do you have a laptop or a portable dvd player to take on the airplane with you? i have like 4-5 lucy (show--not i love lucy) dvd's i would let you take -- you would be occupied for the entire flight! hmm.
they're pretty cheap these days-- go put one on your sears card-- a player i mean.. you can get a cheapy for like 100 bucks or less.

i thought the cats went to the vet there? they go here too? which one? does it matter? do you have a appointment? wth.. i don't know wth is goin on..it's all happening so fast!

i feel like rip van fuckin winkle!!!!!
i get stuck in bed for a month and the entire world has changed once i get the hell UP-
eegads

pod-- has bbeen put on hold til i have a second cuppa-
ugh.

EE said...

Gas was $1.39 here last night. I was paying over $80 (I think, because I refused to fill it up completely when it was that expensive) to fill up my tank at one point.
With my Meniere's, I'm off of my Effexor. I think I'm only paying a co-pay of $10 a month for my meds.
Glad you found your camera... WooHoo!!

SOUL said...

woo hoo-- 1.39-- i'd be hoardin that shit LOL. just kiddin.

i thought you mentioned goin off of effexor.


not Meniere's tho. how'd they "find" that?

yep- very happy bout my camera-- thinkin bout puttin some pix up later--

happy weekend

Smocha said...

:(
I do not have a dvd player or a laptop.

I plan on sleeping through as much of it as possible. (the flight)

I have to take the cats to the vets HERE ,before I leave town. So I best be there before dark. They have an appointment at 9. Then I shall hit the road.

Yeah, I was dreading that am trip to the airport tew!
He's going to try and get "them" to pay for the car, cuz it IS a moving expense.

Did you get your Nickelback???


I'm off to get busy.

Duty calls.

Love me

SOUL said...

yes i did get my nickleback--- and i like it-- but they have done better--
some of these songs are sooo teenager - y
but it's good.
latah
i gotta get movin..will post somethin later on

The Real Mother Hen said...

$1.59/ gallon for gas???!!! WOW!!! I last paid that price in 1994 I think! Goodness!

We're still paying about $1.80 here, can't complaint though, it sure beats paying $4.95 this summer.

Smocha said...

Why is NO one updating??? How am I supposed to enjoy my coffee?

Nickelback's new one is not teenage-y is young-y. LOL That's one of the things I love about it. It takes me back to San Diego Honey, when we were young ,hot and fun!

And it's great cleaning music!
you old hag.

Love me

SOUL said...

that's just cuz of where you live motha-- give it time-- it'll go down some more---i hope.
i think everyone is waiting for the overnight price spike again.. quiver--

are you gettin ready for christmas ??
oh yes.. i forgot -- we are twin scrooges-- only you can get away with it a lot easier than i can.

have you done-- or planned anything yet tho-- in, hopes of un-scrooging?

i'm workin on it.
i'm still a bitch tho :))

happy sunday

SOUL said...

smocha-- umm, yes-- teenager-y. if i reviewed that cd-- they would be unhappy with me-- especially as a "fan"--- they have let me down :((

of course-- i got it on the weekend i think-- which means-- i haven't had a chance to really listen to it yet without being "teased", of my choice in music.

i guess-- stevie ray vaughn.. who i don't mind-- btw-- and taylor swift-- are better???
especially in repetition. wanna shoot me? i'll let ya.

welp-- i reckon i should make my "list" ugh.

SOUL said...

charlotte-- last year, i had literally just moved--and in a hurry too-- and i was in a lot of [pain.. i was too flippin worn out to actually GO shopping much. so against my better judgment-- i did attempt some online stuff-- and i tell ya-- i was soooo disappointed with that experience-- i just can't force myself to do it this year. i'm not shoppin for many-- but i still need to be able to KNOW what i'm gettin. ya know?

happy sunday C