Friday, November 21, 2008

why is everybody always pickin on me?



oops, i did it again!




(no animals were harmed in the taking of this photo) :))

yep-- i did, do it again. i fell asleep on my laptop last night.
i didn't even know it -- til hubby woke me up-- nagging about it.
he has been using my laptop lately-- cuz his is broken. but i won't say why--
but i will say-- it was a lot worse than what i did to mine.
but he was kinda angry-- and said
"there's a cigarette in your laptop!"
"hmmm, wonder how that happened, there wasn't when i put it up" :))
i really had no recollection of falling asleep-droppin a cig-- nothin.
but there it was, and there's another nice little burn on my keyboard.
i really was exhausted last night-- early too-
but i wanted to catch up with
as many peeps as i could-- so, ya can't blame me for tryin.
right?
anyhow-- he was pissed-- i was tired--
he got online--i went back to sleep-
and this morning no one has mentioned it.

i know he's not mad--so much about the laptop--
as he is-- what COULD happen if i don't cut the shit out
and stop smokin in bed after my sleep meds.
i really do know better.

sooo-- no more late night-- that's in old lady time btw--
like after 9 pm - ish
blogging.
seems there's a lot more at stake than laptop strangulation at this point.
this last 6 months-- i can't tell you all what i've burnt by fallin asleep smokin.
it really is just stupid.
and i never remember it-- so then i feel even worse.
i've read the meds i take-- people do stuff in their sleep and don't remember--
but they drive--or eat-- or other weird stuff--
luckily i haven't sleep-drived yet.

but anyhow--
as for yesterdays plan to cut my errands short and take it easy?
didn't happen.
i still ended up on a constant run from like 8-2.
it sucked.
it went by fast-- but i was exhausted by the time i was done-
i'm ready for a day of doin nothin again.
but it will be a while for that to happen.

anyhow--
if you haven't seen the comments/replies in the below post-- it mentions alot-
about my thyroid stuff.
yesterday i got a call from the scanning place-- they had an opening so i took it.
i had the ultrasound on my thyroid.
of course i don't have any answers yet-
but they said the report would be faxed to my dr that day.
so i may hear something as early as today.
i hope so.
i hate to wait to find out what --if anything-- is wrong with my own body.
i know the techs can't tell you nuthin..i always ask anyhow-
this one was the rudest i've encountered in a while.
she wouldn't even tell me if there was more than one-- even tho , by the way she was placing the "wand"- i could almost tell she focussed on at least two or three areas.
but-- i guess you will know when i know.

so-- today is soulmans birthday-- and still, i am not prepared.
ugh.
i hope i can pull this one off--
as he doesn't have to work today.

too bad guys can't be happy with just flowers and a card eh?
i wouldn't have to leave my chair :))

anyhow----

happy friday peoples!

13 comments:

ac said...

Thinking of you today. xoxoxo

Smocha said...

"Beginning in January 2009, cigarettes sold in Texas must be made from fire safe materials that automatically extinguish when left unattended"

Make sure you get that kind:)))

Love me

The Real Mother Hen said...

I'll say, stop smoking :)

Mary said...

I guess I'm behind the times. How can a cig know when it's unattended? Is whatever causes it to extinguish even worse than the nicotine? Girls, bite the bullet and quit. I loves ya and wants ya to be around a long, long time.

Waiting for test results is a real nerve racker! Maybe the doctor will call today. I pray the news is good. It's good to know that you're feeling better and able to do the things you need to do. Running from 8 to 2 would wear anyone out. I'd have to go to bed - but then, after all, I'm a lot older than you. Do you realize that I'm old enough to be your mother?

Take care, my friend. I think of you and picture you with a big smile and a happy day.

Portia said...

What a week! I'm not sure what to say about the cigs...cuz you know i hate to tell anyone what to do...and I know we're all doin the best we can. But the thought of what could happen is prettttty scary. I just hope you find a way to get that under wraps. Quitting would be ideal. Soon right? Right. OK. Good luck:) I hope you get the top of your list checked off and get to chill out a bit today. Let us know when you get them answers. And Happy Birthday to SoulMan!!!

Portia said...

p.s.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

nananananananana!

Brad said...

Quit taking that pack in the bedroom! - Now I feel bad cuz we was trading emails last night while you were sleeping and trying to burn the house down!

Tell the Soulman happy birthday for me!

B

Anonymous said...

I know you get tired of people saying to quit smoking but it can be done. In 1994 I quit a 3 pack a day habit of 25 years! But DO not smoke in bed or after you take pills. Very dangerous! Neat what smocha said. New things all the time, how do they do that?! aj

Cheryl said...

I bet the thyroid stuff comes back fine. It seems that's usually the case.

Don't smoke in bed. Just don't even let yourself light up. That's an order!! OK?

JLee said...

Happy Birthday to Soulman. Hope you have a great weekend :))
When is lunch?

Anonymous said...

Wanna give up the smokes with me on 1st December?? That's the date I am fixing to try and quit....AGAIN.

I hope you get the results from the thyroid soon so you don't have to wait too long and a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Soulman.

Smocha said...

update hawg!

how dare you keep me waiting!

EE said...

Take the smoking outside. Then you won't be able to burn down the house;)