Tuesday, October 7, 2008

ok maybe i do got somethin--

earlier today, obviously after the other post-- if that's what ya call it. i got a call from my dr.
friday when i went in for the follow up on the bronchitis, she did some labs to se why the antibiotics weren't helping.
well, wanna know why? cuz guess what? i have mono. yep. i do.
i bet you wonder how in the world a person my age would get mono. right? well. so do i. no idea.
hmmm. but , that explains a lot of why i feel so crappy-- for so long. i'm over two weeks now.. close to bedridden.
hubby and kid? healthy as a couple of horses. me?


today i had to cancel plans with jlee for the second time. two weeks ago, we were supposed to have lunch.. i emailed to cancel, cuz that was the day i woke up sick with this crap.
then today after the doc called-- i had to cancel again.. just in case i'm contagious.

no vegas, no jlee... no fishin... hell i haven't hardly even cleaned my house or done laundry-- grocery shopped..none of that crap.. in two weeks. and if there's no cure-- like the internet says.. i could feel all saggy and tired and crappy like this for another 2 or 3 weeks.

not to mention all the other shit goin on around here.

this really really sucks.

i tried to read today-- didn't work.
even tried to write.. that didn't work either.
tried to cruise blogs-- nope-- got nowhere.

what DID i do???
i slept. alot.

what am i doin now?
fixin to go to sleep.
well, if the meds decide to work. i took em anyhow.
so we shall see.

welp, i reckon that's all i got.
kinda hard to find stuff to write when ya don't move, or think, or talk to anybody.

it really seems like a lot is changing around here. like everything. and all at the same time. and none of it's good, or stoppable. and i don't know what to do about that.

so, i reckon i shall just go to bed. and see if tomorrow is any different.

7 comments:

Karen said...

I don't know what mono is but if it makes you feel like crap it can't be good. Hoping things pick up for you soon Soul and I'm guessing JLee is good for another day.

Summer said...

Holy Crap! Get well soon.

Smocha said...

I told you to quit making out with soulkids boyfriends!

Bwa!ha!

Did the doctor tell you how an old woman would get mono?(besides the obvious... a compromised immune system) Have you been taking your addisons meds? (oh shut up. it's my job to nag)


I think you better call your maid back. :)

Love me

Cheryl said...

Well at least now you know what's wrong and can get the right meds. Mono just takes you down. I really hope you start feeling better sooner than later. Really!

JLee said...

I'm not going anywhere ;)
We've got to get you better before this weather turns crappy though! :)

EE said...

I've had mono. It pretty much sucks.
Hope you start feeling better soon. No jumping around or wrestling matches or anything like that;) Gotta protect that spleen!

ac said...

How did I miss this yesterday?

Anyway, I wondered if you might have something more than simple bronchitis... I'm glad they finally figured it out and now maybe you can get better. Still no laptop for me. I can't decide if I need a mac or a pc. I hate windows vista. I'll make a decision. No really. I will. ha xoxoxoxoxoxox