Tuesday, July 29, 2008

well dammit ! (post # three for today-- already)

hi again..

i'm still sittin on my ass-- but, not for long. i really am about to get up and movin around.

i just wanted to let y'all know somethin. i don't know about about y'all, but as far as i go-- and my bloggin peeps.. i get to where i pretty much care about not just them, but their hubbys and kids too. ya know.. cuz well, what happens to them, of course affects y'all too-- for one. or maybe it is a little more than that- i don't know, but i don't have time to analyze that part of it right now.

but anyhow-- what i'm gettin at is soulman. poor guy is havin it pretty rough this last few days.
you'd think that his little trip down to lake amistad with the boys and his brother would have been really good for him. right? he has never done anything like that before since we have got married. 16 years -- strapped down at home.. and never one to go out and hang with friends or anything like that. he fishes with people now and then, but that isn't often.. once a month for a tournament, and maybe a weekend day here or there. so really i thought he'd have a blast.

did he? well, he did-- but when he got home-- he said "i'm NEVER goin away like that again, i missed you guys".

on top of missing us , i had the little medical "thing" happen, and left him down there to worry for a day and a half of his four. he wanted to come right home when i told him, but really i knew i would be fine and wanted him to stay. but he still couldn't help but to worry. ( i didn't want to tell him til he got back-- but i really had to -- because of the way things were planned.)

so-- anyhow-- like i said-- he got home last night-- well evening.. like 430 - 5 ish. he was whooped too. man he was tired-- and sunburnt.
and of course---- the daughter-- well... PMS galore--- welcome home daddy-- dammit! she was a bear and hardly spoke to him.

moving onto this morning---
lets begin with me-- also with my little visitor-- miss PMS-- (pass me a shotgun)--- :))

now tell me , all that isn't bad enough for a poor ole tired guy who just got back from a long tiring trip--- facing another-- back to back---now get THIS---

a while ago-- just after i posted the video-- to motivate me-- the wind got blown right outta both of our sails-- he was readin some of his web pages-- similar to blogs-- but not-- and found out that one of his friends had got in a motorcycle wreck last night--- and died !
he took it really hard.

we discussed puttin off the trip for a week or so , so he could go to the funeral etc, but he said he would be fine, and the trip would be better for him, and help him take his mind off of it. i hope that's true.
if not, we may end up comin back for an overnighter in a few days to attend the funeral.

my poor hubby--- some vacation eh?
he will still have a full week left on vacation after we get back from san antonio-- i hope the soulman curse will have lifted by then--

but anyhow--
if anyone wants to send him a shout out-- feel free-- he will read any comments you leave here for him-- he does lurk on occasion. :))

anyhow-- i really do suppose i better get of me arse about now.

if i can't get online down there-- i will miss yeeeeewwwww----

12 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

Strength & dedication is what lies within Soulman.

ac said...

Sorry to hear Soulman has lost a friend. It's heartbreaking to lose a friend.... Especially in such a tragic way. Please tell Soulman how sorry I am for his loss and that I will be keeping him in my thoughts. Hugs to you both. ac

Golden To Silver Val said...

Tell Soulman I'm so sorry about his friend. Saying I'm sorry doesn't seem like its enough to say, but it comes from my heart because I understand what its like to lose a friend under those circumstances.

Mary said...

The unexpected shock of loosing a friend while still carrying the stress of being away from family with added stress because of unexpected issues at home is almost too much. It takes a strong man - a loving and caring man - to overcome so much at one time. Soulman, your family is blessed to have you hold them to your heart. I'm so sorry you're having a rough time and wish I had better words to let you know how I feel. Just know that I'm sending love and prayers your way.

Cheryl said...

Hey Soulman,,,so sorry about your friend. It really brings home the thing about living your life to the most while you have it.

You guys have a great vacation. Take care of each other. Good luck with the kid, from one who knows!

Blur Ting said...

Hey Soulman, for what I've read over the years, you're indeed a really good man and a pillar of strength and support to your family. Your love and care for Soul, kid and doggies is exemplary, it makes our heart melt.

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. It must hurt you alot to lose someone you care about. I wish you strength. Take care and God Bless.

Jessica said...

I hope things start to look better for Soulman! It's obvious how much you two love each other--so nice how you take care of each other.

BTW, I love your definition of pms!!!!

Jamie said...

Hey soulman, I am so sorry for all that you have been through recently, and now with the last blow...ugh. I know that when you live with someone who has medical issues it is so scary, and soul and I have discussed many times how grateful she is that she has you to lean on when things get rough. And she also knows how hard that is on you....so kudos to you...you are the best, you take awesome care of her and soulkid, and I just wanted you to know that it doesn't go unnoticed by her or by the rest of us.

Hugs.

xo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the kind comments folks. I appreciate it.

It is a heck of a way to find out about a friend.

My thoughts are really not on me but his family.

He had a grown son who just left for Iraq less than a week ago.

He has a Daughter Soulkids age whom he was so proud of.

His wife and himself just had a baby girl at the end of last year.

This is the kind of stuff that brings your own mortality into question.

We are going to hold a fishing tournament where all proceeds will go to the family and there is already alot of involvement for that. He was a Bailiff for the county so the family will have donations from there.

We are going to have a great vacation as there is nothing we can do to change what has happened. I think I can help his family more when we get home helping set things up for this tournament to ensure they get all the help we can give them.

Again thanks for all the kind words and comments. You all are a great group.

Dont tell anyone else but I just heard Soul say "I love my peoples"

haha

Regards

Soulman

desert dirt diva said...

oh my god soulman, sorry to hear about your friend....just don't know what to say...take care .and soullady.. hugs, lotsa hugs to you both...

Blur Ting said...

You're right. We always feel for the family left behind. It's a really nice gesture for you all to hold the tourny to raise funds for the family. You guys are really great pals to have.

SOUL said...

thanks everybody ! he is a man of few words-- but really really touched by your sentiments. his friends' funeral is today. and he is having a tough time being unable to go.

thanks for thinking of him-- and his friends family (blake was his name).

laterz all.