Sunday, July 20, 2008

third attempt at gettin this post up --

now that my new news is old news -- it just doesn't seem like i should even bother posting it-- but-- it's all i have to talk about right now... so you're stuck with it --

let's start with yesterday -
i actually got my kitchen cleaned up -
i know, i am as shocked as y'all --
but this may shock you even more.
it sure shocked soulkid.
her response?
"who does that??"
to what was she referring to?
well that, would be THIS -



yup-
i've threatened to do it a thousand times-
but i finally did it.
i threw all my damned dishes in the garbage !


even the animals stared at me in disbelief,
that i had crossed over the edge-
mom was finally
PISSED OFF-
and had now done something -
well a bit outrageous-






the child fled, the animals scattered,
and hubby washed the pans etc, that i did have sense enough
to NOT throw away-

which left me the time to clean my fridge -
which desperately needed it-
from the rotten bell pepper that i feared the thought of touching -
to the smoothie from taco bell - which i do not recommend btw-
that was spilled for God knows how long in the entire lower half of the fridge--
to include under the veggie bins -- which as you know is the hardest part to clean.
but--
TADA -


last time my fridge looked like that-
i was movin in here-
and it was empty-


i also watered my plant-
anybody know what it's called?
it's the only live plant in this place-
my first attempt in several years to keep something aside from a child alive.
hmmm...
so far so good.
but i think it needs a bigger pot.
just afraid i'll kill it if i move it.






after all that --
and a little more-
and trying to nap, but failing-
we decided to go to the store to replace our dishes.
i thought it would take ten minutes to pick out some dishes and be done -
ummm.. not.
we're us, remember-
we ended up at two stores.. and still found nothin worth a crap -
so we left-- with no dishes -- but planning to go today to get some.
but i did manage to find the most coolest shirt ever --
wanna see?




and you know i had to get it -
and i did.

then-
i had actually cooked a real meal last night too -
just lost the order where it belongs in here-
somewhere between --
ahh yes... my failed nap - and the dish shopping fiasco.
we got home from the store just in time to finish it up --
and eat it on our fine china ware-
yep - only the best paper plates for us.
we had cornish hens, stuffing, and corn.
and man-o-man was is yummy.

then - we went fishin -

of course i didn't catch anything.
i did miss several. i'm just slow lately i guess.
hubby got 2 or 3.
and i ended up leaving my shoes there when i left.
cuz i ended up steppin in some very smelly - gooey- mossy- mud.
blech ...

even eevee wonered
WTF... moms favorite shoes?





so yep-- that was yesterday-
i finally did make it to bed-
but sleeping was out of the question apparently .

i went to bed like this-



i was up every five minutes between midnight and 230-
when i finally gave up- and got up-

i was like this-- but worse-
so i took a imitrex shot-- and drank a bunch of coffee-
and in a couple hours i felt a bit better.
enough to think some fresh air mught help me feel better.

so i bet you guess what i did right?




OH YEAH !!!

but as for the rest of my day?
it has been a totally nuthing day.
i was hot as hell by the time i left the pond-
not to mention dyin of thirsty-
and ready to fall asleep and fall in with the fishies--
so i came on home, cooled off, drank, ate--
and yall know me well enough by now to know where i ended up-

in bed--
for like 2 or 3 hours--
maybe more.

i got up around 5 pm ish-
and by 9 i was back in bed !

by 11:30- back up--
wide awake-
it's 12:50 a.m. now almost--
and i am about to try to go back to sleep-
but somethin tells me
i won't be very successful.
and will be cruisin around here in a couple more hours-

so, i reckon i will go now-

happy weeks peeps-

20 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like a crazy weekend darlin...and I hope you find dishes today, altho, what the hell..paper works just fine.

I wondered what happened to you yesterday am, and then later, we missed each other again.

If i miss you this am, I will look for you tonight but I won't be home til late.

Have a very happy day. When do you have PT again?

xo

:)

Anonymous said...

paper dishes work just as well as fine china...anyways... din-din sounded real good... havent had cornish game hens in AGES... ha ha ha...

ac said...

Good grief... I'd say you got a LOT done.

A long time ago when I live in the French Quarter of New Orleans and bought my dishes on Canal Street for a nickel apiece, I would just throw them in the trash when my kitchen got out of control. LOL LOL LOL Good times.

I thought I was the only one who would think of doing something like that. So glad I'm not alone! hahaha

Karen said...

Just catching up with everybody Soul and it looks like you've accomplished plenty to me. Sorry to hear about the migraines my friend...they really kill don't they? How's the PT going? Is it helping at all?

Mary said...

The flower is a Bromeliad - commonly called a Brom. I wouldn't repot this one unless the pot is prone to turn over. Broms are a wide range of plants from pineapple to Spanish moss. The one in the pic is a soil plant (some Broms are air plants). They like to be rather dry and will rot if the soil is too wet. After they bloom they will slowly die but before they do there will be two or three "pups" grow from the base of the parent plant. Just let nature take it's course and when the "pups" are almost a third of the parent's size snap them off at the point where they are attached to the parent plant. Let the "pup" lay open overnight to dry the sap from the break, then plant them the same way the parent was potted and you're off and running again. And that's all I know about Broms.

I had a huge one where I lived before but it had little stickers along the leaf edges. It flowered and had 5 pups that were almost ready to snap off. It set on the edge of my spa tub. While I was relaxing in that tub I accidently bumped the thing and it fell in the tub with me. Until you've been in a whirlpool with "saw leaves" - and lots of them - sister, you ain't lived.

Portia said...

NOT the Vans?!

Way to clean house! Your fridge looks BEEEOOTEEFUL. I have been looking around at my house lately, wondering why it can't just transform back into the beautiful, spotless place I moved into. Did I really bring all that dirt in? Overwhelming is the word.

I love the shirt!

I hope it's a good - and migraine free- evening:)

And LOL@Mary! I'll remember that story, esp if I should ever have the combo of such a tub and plant:)

Moohaa said...

Can I tell you how many times I've wanted to throw the dishes out?! That's awesome!

Unfortunately good dish sets are expensive, so I have to keep my mixed set.

Love you soul sister!

SOUL said...

yep jamie-- crazy was surely the word of the day around here over the weekend.
happy to have caught you this mornin.. chat-tag isn't much fun, is it-

i hope your day is really good at work, and home today---

let me know how it went k--

oxox

SOUL said...

yankee --
i need to get more paper plates and glasses--
i could get used to this :))

cornish hens would be japanese hens if y'all had em :))

are you goin to see your mom soon?? if you do-- you could ask her to make some for y'alls first dinner home.. ya think?
hope your monday was a good one
cyaaaa

SOUL said...

AC--- LOL- that's pretty funny -- to do that on a regular basis around here would be no fun though.
i replaced the dishes today-- and i have to say-- it might not have been such a good idea afterall.
sooo-- allow me to take the fall for all you gals who want to throw the dishes out-- liberating? perhaps.. but damn it is expensive to replace em. and i got the cheapest shit i could find...
but i like it better -- soo.. it balances out i reckon.

ugh- i need to go fishin to get over this one-- but it's 102 outside. UGH. poor fishes are boilin like soup in that pond. :((

how hot is it there??
i miss florida-- soulman's gonna wish he didn't decide to go out there-- i may not wanna come home :))

happy monday!

SOUL said...

good to see ya gypsy--
yes these headaches are gonna be the death of me-

i went to PT today- it was only the second visit-- and no-- i hurt worse when i left than when i got there.

happy -- whatever day it is over there-- :))

SOUL said...

holy crap mary!
only MY husband would buy me a plant that gives birth !
but thanks bunches for the info-- i knew you'd know what it was...

love the story--but will admit-- i guess i have a lot of livin to do :))

happy monday to ya

SOUL said...

portia--
yes, sadly, my VANS-- call me a whaaaambulance !

i wonder the same thing about this house-- it was soo shiny when we moved in, WTF happened?

and my shirt? it shrunk :((
*TEAR*
( i can still wear it, just makes me feel fat)

happy donmay!!

SOUL said...

kel--
bask in the glory of me doin it for you :))
too bad i'm not a big shopper-or i might have known what to expect today at the store (s) :((

anyhow-- hope you had a good weekend-and a good night tonight too-

Golden To Silver Val said...

OMG!!! Do you have any idea how many times I've wanted to just throw out all my dishes??? Of course you do. But I've never done it...chickened out. I can't believe you did it. LOLOLOLOLOLOL Funny yes...expensive, I bet! But I know it had to feel sooooooo good. Yay Soul!

ac said...

The wind is lightly blowing and it's 88 here today. Not too bad. Hope it stays like this for your visit. xoxo

Raine said...

ROFLMAO!!! *stands up and applauds wildly* thats great!! I love it!! That is THE best way to do dishes HAHAHA I'm so proud of you!!! I'm gonna be busting a gut over that for days!!!

SOUL said...

you guys make me feel like i was lit the first match at the bra burning !!!
LOLOLOL
how funny---
yall are too cool.
i'll see you in a while..
it may take me all day-- but i;ll make my rounds today -- seems i hit only a few pages a day lately and end up havin to go somewhere- or do somethin-and never get back on track.
i'll get around today-
bye
:))

Portia said...

dang.

SOUL said...

i know huh p?it's ok tho-- mama needs a new pair a shews :))