Sunday, July 27, 2008

much stuff about not much

well, here i was with all these big plans on a big post for the morning. to answer some questions, and explain some new changes in plans-- YES.. AGAIN. geesh. i got up way too early today. it wouldn't have been bad -- or at least not "so bad", id i had been on my normal schedule-- like goin to- or bein asleep by 930- 10 p.m.... but lately-- like passed three weeks, i haven;t been able to get to sleep til around 12 or 1 am. but it just isn;t happenin for me. down at 9 or 10 ok. but not asleep til real late-- and up early several days in a row-- like 3-4 a.m. -- guess what time i got up this morning? 3:33. that's just too flippin weird ! and weird, that i see that number so very often. that didn't even start happening til the year my mom died-- 2005?? hell, i'm not even sure anymore. that's pretty terrible of me huh. prolly better that way tho-- everyone elses death is etched in my mind like a deep wound that won't heal. i'm pretty sure it was o5 tho-- june.
why that matters all of the sudden i have no idea-- so i will move on---

anyhow-- i was starting this post to bitch that i had spent the last hour lookin for some pics to go with it, but couldn;t find any-- so was goin to give up on it-- but now that i look at it-- who needs pix right? it's goins somewhere-- little scattered , but it's movin. so i'll just keep goin with it.

oh, anyhow-- back to 333-- yep-- i was actually sleepin pretty good-- til i suddenly hear some very very loud, and crappy music. so i laid there a minute to figure out where it was coming from.. that didn't take long-- it was coming from soulkids room.. at the opposite end of the house.. ERG... so i had to get up-- walk all the way out there , and of course i go in her room to turn it off-- and i get scolded-- "i'm still awake , leave it alone"-- well, ummm, i'm awake TOO.. thank you very much... "mwa muwa muwa mwa---ugh--- she turns it down.. but of course not enough. i get all settled in with my coffe etc... and i hate to have ANY noise in the morning. but i hear her music still-- and it is the same song--- on repeat-- it's not blasting loud, but i hear it-- clearly, and for the FIFTH time. i couldn't stand it anymore. i go back in there to TRY to turn it off. i'm not familiar with that stereo-- i can't find the buttons.. it's dark.. she wakes up bitchin at me-- i was almost asleep...nag nag nag... uhhhh welll scuze me... i still hear it and i don't want to--- aaaahhhhhhhhhhhrrrrggggg... she turns it down again.. i get back out here -- get comfy-- i still hear the damn thing.
why is it i'm deaf when i want to hear-- and when i don't want to hear, every single sound is amplified??? i finally put on the acoustic rock station on tv. very low of course, but enough to drown out her crap. it's distracting. but that could be a good thing. so far it is.


so --- it's goin on 5 now-- where does the time go? seems the day just drags it's ass when i actually am trying to something productive, but when i'm on here four hours can just disappear in a flash. time goes faster on here than even when i'm fishin. i'd like to know why that is.

so , now that i've written my hour long preface-- is that the word?? :))
i'm havin trouble finding the right words to use lately. but i guess that'll have to do.

but anyhow-- movin on--

i did manage to get the dogs placed in the kennel yesterday. -- did i say that somewhere already? if so-- sorry. if not-- i did. i was relieved that they had space on short notice too. they are closed today for drop-offs, so i had to take em in yesterday-- but i didn't take em til almost five p.m. cuz i didn't want them to stay a minute longer than they had to. i missed them terrible by 8 . i really love my doggies. they are like my kids--- i know y'all think i'm an evil bitch-- but i just don't worry about - or miss my cats like i do my dogs. i feel detached when im not with my dogs. it's like bein away from my kids. ya know.
the cats though? i swear-- they are like havin a running lawnmower , constantly goin through the house-- they really are that irritating and destructive. ugh. i do care about them.. i would never wish anything bad on them.. i just am not attached to them.

ok-- well, i've delayed this part enough i spose. i didn't even wanna put it up. but i had people mention hearing about or knowing about lake amistad-- and then.. wishin me my big fish from there. that i can't just wait two weeks or so to say this. it really may not even be a surprise--
because as you know-- i am ME--- and shit like this just seems to happen to ME-- alot-- and it did-- again.

until i have more specifics on this-- i'll just say that-- "for medical reasons"-- that ought not surprise any of you--- lake amistad has been suddenly pulled from our itinerary. :((
i had to call hubby last night to let him know that i should not drive that far on my own.. especially with two kids in the car-- and that he should come get us.
i'm really not up to that much driving-- and he will have had his four days down there-- so, he will be home monday-- and we will just leave the boat here, and we will only go to san antonio for the vacay thing. there's quite a bit to do there... enough to keep us and the girls satisfied, and happy for a few days. sea world, schlitterban water park, the alamo, the river walk-- with lotsa restaurants, and shopping, a pool at the hotel, --apparently with peacocks walkin around it :)) ,
we'll surely find stuff to keep us busy.
we have been there once before .. like 7 years ago-- our first real family vacation. soulkid was missing her two front teeth. :)) and she was sweet and had a lot of fun, and we didnt even do much that time. so i think this will be a good time.
i got the room on priceline last night-- saved 45 bucks a night doin it that way :)) --- bad thing-- it's a damn NON-smoking hotel. BUT- all rooms have balconies-- so i can smoke out there-- or if it's ground level that won't be so bad either. i don't mind smokin outside so much when it's warm.. but if it's freezin i get pretty pissed off to have to smoke outside after payin for a room.

so anyhow-- my dreams of catchin me a big ole hawg at amistad is put on hold. i do want to go -- sometime. it's just too nice a place to not fish-- at least once. it just can't happen right now. besides,, from the looks of things in san antonio-- with our original plan.. hubby would have still had the boat--and i would have had my car-- and parking is over 20 bucks a day-- and near impossible. like new york. so-- it's all ok.

anyhow-- i've been up for almost 2 hours, and i am soo damn tired i cant stand it-- but i'm not one who can usually go right back to bed... but i'll bet i'll be ready for a nap before noon ! i kinda hope i can pull thru the day today tho-- i do have a lot to do. i did manage to get a lot done yesterday-- just not enough. much i need to do can be done on my ass today tho-- :))

what are y'all doin today????

12 comments:

Summer said...

It sounds like a great vacation. I hope you have a wonderful time. I would like to go see ac one of these days. Time and money though are my problems.

Jamie said...

I am so sorry you had to change your plans, but it's for the best you know. And, it sounds like you will still have a great time...and hell, who really wants to drive that far with two teen girls anyway, LOLOL.

I hope you went back to bed, you really need to sleep. I haven't had nearly enough, either. Ugh.

Happy Sunday.

xo

:)

Cheryl said...

Hi Soul,
I just caught up on your posts...you know I've been behind. Your vacation sounds good and I'm glad the plans are finally settled. Don't you wish you were leaving today? You could just leave everything behind and relax. That's what you need. I'm leaving on Friday for vacation, and I'm not posting this on my blog, but Emily is not coming. She refuses, so she's staying with her dad. I really can't believe it, but you know, the vacation will be better without her. I hope your's will be good in every way.

ac said...

I love the Riverwalk in San Antonio! Ed took me there a couple of times when we lived in Texas. I know you will have a nice relaxing time. Just enjoy yourself to the MAX, ok? xo xo

Smocha said...

Your vacation sounds great to me. Wish I was going. Except for that teenage kid thing. LOL

Take millions of pictures! And blog too:)
I want to know every thing!!!

I'm actually cleaning my sty. Break is ovah.Back to work.

Love me

Smocha said...

Oh, P.s. I updated.

Mary said...

Driving more than 5 miles with two teenage girls would drive me crazy. I might make it 10 miles with teenage boys because their voices aren't as high pitched and they respond better to a glaring stare from the front seat.

I'm glad your plans are set, the doggies are in good care, and that you aren't driving that long distance. I'd love to visit the River Walk for a week but Harry is a "lets keep moving" kind of guy. I enjoy our trips but am worn to a frazzle when we get home.

I've written a book, as usual. I'll just say that I hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip. Take many pics, keep a log, and share your trip with us.

Sending love and best wishes.

Golden To Silver Val said...

My daughter solved that music problem during the night by telling her son that if he wanted to listen to it he had to use headphones or earbuds...otherwise if SHE heard it one more time, she was going to break his stereo. Amazing how THAT gets their attention! LOLOLOLOL
Have a wonderful vacay...get some well-deserved rest but mostly HAVE FUN! Drive carefully. Love, Charlotte

desert dirt diva said...

sounds like yur gonna have a great time... enjoy every second....:)

The Real Mother Hen said...

Yes, I have countless moments on my mom turning down my music! Part of growing up is certainly about driving my ma crazy! :)

I hope you get some rest though. But then I also hope that you get some fun too. Can resting and having fun happen at the same time? I hope so :)

Raine said...

Sometimes I cant drive for "medical reasons" too. Then sometimes I can drive for hours LOL. I hope you havea great time. You know when my kids moved out and were all gone for a couple years I lived with "blessed silence" No TV, no radio, nuthing during the day til night time. Come to think of it..... I still do lol. Have a great vacation

Portia said...

sorry no lake, but it will still be fun! GO HAVE FUN DAMIT:)