Friday, July 25, 2008

friday finale

quick update on the outcome of the twelve hour adventure of the day---
it turned out just as i thought it might. yep, soulkid called at like 620 -- havin a heat stroke (not literally) - but she was hot, and exhausted, and ready to be picked up. the concert , which was the main reason she - and the others went today.. not just the 3 extras i drove, but like 3 or 4 more they met there, was only half way over, but she was done. they left the show early, rode one last roller coaster and she called me.
she was the only one i had to bring home, thank goodness. i did not want to take three other kids to three other places. they all came here together this morning, but i was to take them to their homes tonight. so i was happy for the reprieve.
she was in a much better mood after being picked up than on the way there. she even thanked me for the ride (s). i was pleasantly surprised. as i was all prepared for a whole new argument the whole time i drove back out there. phew. i really hate arguing with her. she can be such a sweet kid when she wants to be. too bad she doesn't wanna be more often :))

so anyhow-- yep i was happy to not have to leave late and in the dark. and also to have her back and know she was safe, and not sick, and fed, and home. i know-- she's a big girl now-- but i do worry about her. especially at a place like six flags. that place was horribly packed today. geesh i worry about her being ten minutes late from school, and that's right across the street. am i just weird??

anyhow-- i've been workin on gettin the house and bills, and budget caught up to leave for vacation. we will be leaving early monday morning. i keep forgetting to call the friggin kennel though. ugh. by the time i finally did remember to call today it was 7 pm, and they had closed at 6. if i don't remember to call tomorrow--i'm in big trouble. i may be anyways. they're closed on sunday-- so if a) they don't have space this coming week.... or b) i forget to call-- i don't know what i'll do on monday when it's time to leave. i may be stuck here an extra day trying to find a place to leave the dogs. i sure can't take them with us. (the cats have always done fine on their own when we go away though , so i'm not worried about them.. but the dogs-- ugh.)

so -- that's about it for this day--

soulman called a while ago-- he left this morning at like 2 a.m. and is already down in del rio-- at lake amistad. he met down there with a few guys he knows...and his brother ended up going too. they all fished today, and apparently caught lots and lots of fish.. but none over 3 1/2 pounds. he said it was real windy though-- 30 mph maybe. sposed to be like 17 mph tomorrow-- i sure hope it's not windy like that when i get there. from what i have been readin and seein online-- there are some huge fish/bass in that lake--- my ten pounder is there-- i feel it in my bones. ok.. maybe my 7 pounder. but i am gonna get my biggest bass ever there-- i hope.

so-- quick change of subject before i go--
i haven't had a chance to find out what this means yet , but that's my next stop before i go to bed....
but , take a look at this video-- then tell me which way you see her turn.. clockwise? or counter-clockwise.
i'll give my answer after some of you do. k? i just want to see what the majority answer is first. cuz my answer on the page i got it from.. was not the same as the others. hmmmm.



which way did she turn? did she change directions at all?

15 comments:

Smocha said...

Clockwise....the whole time...but she DID switch legs.

Your hubby is already THERE, in vacation-ville? How did that happen?LOL

Call me so I can tell you all about my lovely dinner out:)

Love me

SOUL said...

clockwise eh... i'm gonna wait for a few more answers before i say mine--

yep-- he's there-- but this bit has been planned for a month or so already-- for him to meet his friends there for this weekend. that's how it ended up bein one of our choices for our family vacation. (to save some money)

we're also gonna come home a little out of the way-- and hit san antonio for a few days.
thing is-- at this point-- i still have no idea how many days we will stay at either place. i am such a non planner. this is only our second real vacation. i don't know nuthin bout birthin no vacation! :))


what dinner? with who? i have to go to sleep-- wth are you doin up so late?
i have been havin trouble gettin to sleep for a while-- but i thought you were in the old lady sleep pattern, sleepin at 8 or 9 ??? what happened ?
anyhow-- the ole meds are finally kickin in here-- even tho i took em at like 930--ERG.. so i am gonna go to bed-- i will call you tomorrow sometime-- after i get a hold of the stinkin kennel.

go to bed-
love me-

ac said...

counterclockwise the whole time

changed legs

If you catch a 10 pound bass I will croak. lol

Raine said...

counterclockwise with one little kick in the opposite direction and then resuming counter clockwise once again

Raine said...

you know after reading the other comments I watched again but i dont see her switching legs. she is standing on the left leg the entire time

SOUL said...

hi all-- this is gettin interesting-- :))

ac-- what was your biggest bass?
mine is about 4 to5 pounds-- but he was never weighed so it's a guess.. i doubt he was as high as five but he was pretty big. but he was my biggest. got him in kansas a loooong time ago. since then maybe nuthin over over 3 1/2.
have you looked up amistad yet??
oooh it looks cool.
they even have caves with ancient indian paintings in them. and you can see like thirty feet down in the water .. i can't wait to see it.
thing is-- i had no idea-- it was in a desert! like with cactus --
the river shares water with mexico-- but not sure if we'll get a mexico license to fish that part. will have to see.
decisions decisions.

don't croak if i get a ten pounder-- cuz i might too... then what?? :))

SOUL said...

oh about the dancer-- i will say this much--
i didnt notice her switch legs at all.
am i blind?
or do i just have the dumb?
:))

Jamie said...

I watched this twice, the first time i thought she was going both directions - clockwise first then counter.

However, the second time i watched it, i only saw her go clockwise...wtf?

And i did see her switch legs the first time, too.

Very interesting...

xo

Golden To Silver Val said...

The first time I looked at it...clockwise and no switching of legs. The second time I looked at it, it started and I was distracted and looked away and saw it from the corner of my eye and was surprised to see it going COUNTER clockwise...but when I looked straight at it again..it was clockwise. Ok...now you know...I'm certifiable, aren't I? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Mary said...

This is wierd. For the most part I saw her turning clockwise. I watched it three times and everytime it was different. I did see her change feet one time and reverse directions a couple of times. The first time she turned clockwise the whole time but with a jerky little move about half way through. I know, i know, I'm late.

EE said...

Clockwise the entire time.

SOUL said...

hmmmm.. well y'all..

for me, i saw her go counter-clockwise the entire time-- and did NOT see her switch feet, kick - or do any other kind of movements , other than just turn to the left.

hmmm.

the page i was on... the majority saw her go clockwise-- and or kick.. . or at least change directions..or both.

i think it's very weird.

here are the links that have the stuff on it-

the dancer-
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=994_1197743323

the eval explained
http://www.web-us.com/brain/right_left_brain_characteristics.htm

sorry- i know it's long but i can't put it here as a link.. but if you go it will show comments on the first one of what other people said about what they saw--
such as "if you saw it counter-clockwise you should be shot" (umm.. okaaaay)

and the second "link" explains what the left and right side of the brain are supposedly supposed to be about.
well, that's what this is supposed to show -- i guess i was sposed to say that-- or did i.. ugh-- senility is not fun.

so anyhow-- check out the second one at least.. to see which side of your brain you use most and what that means--
i guess it's up to you to decide if you believe it or not.

for me-- not so much. i think it's just for fun . not much science involved . what do yall think?

thanks for doin it tho-- :))

ac said...

My biggest bass...

Let's see... I caught a 6 1/2 pounder two years ago. My brother took me to a pond owned by a big sportsman dude friend of his. The guy owns a bunch of sports equipment stores in Louisiana. He stocked the pond some years ago when he bought that place with bass crappie and bream and no one ever fishes there. That pond was teaming with fish. Every time I cast I caught one. Mostly big bass. It was the most fun I've ever had fishing!!!

Here in Florida we don't bass fish specifically. We usually just fish for whatever is biting and rejoice if we catch something. lol Except catfish, of course, we hate those.

Your video was so cute.

"Shit!"

LOL LOL LOL Sounds just like me.

Don't forget to take some movies of you guys fishing while you are away. Please ... oh pretty please. That is if you can. (no pressure.) HA!

I did google Lake Amistad. It looks beautiful. In fact, I'm going to make the Captain take me there.

I think, unless you are big beach goers, (and this is hard to say because I would love it if you came here!)... you will probably have way more fun there than here.(ouch! that hurt to say) For bass fisherman... this area is just not all that much of a thrill.

I'm so happy you are getting to go on this fishing trip. I hope it will be the pivot point you are looking for that will help change things for the better for you and your fam. I'll be thinking about you everyday and wondering what you are catching. I want ALL the fishing stories when you get back!

I live vicariously through your fishing.

You fish, therefore, I am. HA!

xo xo

ac said...

GAWD... I didn't mean to write a whole chapter of my life story in your comment box. I got carried away in the moment. ha!

Summer said...

Yes she did.