Wednesday, June 18, 2008

still playin catchup


ever feel like the photo above? i sure do. like right now. y'all should see my ever growing list these days. i'm fixin ta add "see counselor to relieve guilt" to the top.

goo-lawd. i am accomplishing nuthing lately. i read my comments, or begin to visit y'alls pages this passed couple days-- and i get nowhere. at what seems the most important time, that i should be hittin every single one.

i walk into my kitchen.. and turn right back around to leave-- at a time where it looks THE worst it has since we've moved into this house.

hubby and soulkid complain that we have nuthin here to eat or drink-- daily for almost a week... yet i cannot force myself to get to the store.

my list is more a list of things undone-- than a list of things to do.
it's killin me.

i need to hire a crew to help me.

a couple maids,
a secretary,
a shopper,
a handyman,
a car-washer
a chef,
a vacation preparer people,
a accountant,

what else?

i don't know-- but it's been like i am paralyzed lately.

i did manage to get all my bills paid the other day-- but even that took me like three or four days to finish. how crazy. the first couple times i sat down to do it , i fell asleep ! finally finished tho.
but that's about all i can say i have accomplished -- in like a week.
aside from that-- i have fished, slept, spent way too much money on prepared food, and, cried in my non-existent beer.

soooo -- today is the day that i must get off me arse and accomplish my crap.
i also have to go have labs done. which really isn't a good day for that. it's at 1030-- so it will kinda split my errands right in half. but i figure if i clean my kitchen before i leave for that-- then grocery shop on the way home-- if i am too exhausted for anything else by then, at least i've knocked out the two biggies -- and soulman can cook dinner -- and then tomorrow i'll wrap the rest of my stuff around yet another appointment..

CRAP-- is today wednesday???

see how messed up i am??
i don't have an appointment til TOMORROW!!
and here i am.. nursing one cup of cold coffee that i thought i wasn't even supposed to have!!
SHIT!

well.. THAT changes everything! :))this is one time that i'm glad to be senile.. i just may accomplish more than i thought--- first? a second cuppa coffee :))

you know you wanna be ME! :))

well anyhow-- i guess on that note-- i shall get busy-- now i at least know i will get around to y'alls pages today. and that makes me feel HEAPS betttah!!!!!

(note i didn't take the links down-- that's just kind of a dumb idea)

so anyhow-- i'll cruise around later as i take smoke breaks between chores... i really gotta get this house in order today.. and shop and all that stuff.

hope you all have happy days out there---

things are settlin down ovah heah----

19 comments:

desert dirt diva said...

woo hoo... i saw no one had commented so i am the first on this very sad but beautiful day.....o.k. now i had better go read your blog...lol!


dd,vicki

desert dirt diva said...

sounds like your off to a great day.....yea...and for the record,i hate to do all the stuff to..so have a gret day...

SOUL said...

why is it sad vick??

Anonymous said...

You forgetful? It can't be as bad as me! I look up a number to call, busy, I have to look it up again! When I was working, I knew hundreds of numbers! Now I'm senile, not you! I make a list to go to the store. If I think of something on the way, half a mile, I still don't get it if it's not written on my list! auntie j

WaterLearner said...

I like that picture of the statue of liberty playing catchup. Very often I feel the same. especially on a mid week :-)

How u doing?

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

it's crazy in my crusty world too and I miss you and can't seem to get caught up with anyone..but,...it will sort thru eventually..and you can hire me for whatever service you see fit..if it'll give me a break then I'm happy to help out!! :)

Tweet.
me

ac said...

Hope you get your stuff done. I know the feeling of having way too much on the list. I ran around yesterday the ENTIRE day. It was no fun. AND, I had the worst hamburger of my entire life.
If it makes you feel any better...
I actually WENT to a dr appointment last week on the 12th. I wasn't supposed to go till the 13th. HA! We might be twins.

Smocha said...

Sad cuz she is going home today :)

You know what, when i looked earlier ..this post was not here. how strange.

Well i must get busy myself...half of a half day .

Have a good catch up day.

love me

Golden To Silver Val said...

The best laid plans of mice and WOMEN. HA. I sure hope you got to do all that you planned on...every time I try to plan out my day...SOMEONE always messes it up for me. Grrrrr. And furthermore....its dang COLD here. Only 55! Have a good one, Soul-friend. (your kitchen sounds like mine). Charlotte

Brad said...

We need to find you a good wife to deal with all that crap - take it easy sister - don't over do it.

XOBC

The Real Mother Hen said...

If it helps, take a break from blogging, sort out things in real life, then come back later...

Rebecca said...

Things seem to be looking up. YAYY! You know, I clean my house every weekend. All the laundry, shopping, vacuuming, etc. I also try to do some maintenance during the week. But I gotta tell you, by tonight, it will look like I've done NOTHING in like a month! Very freaking discouraging. Eh, such is life!

r.

Jamie said...

YEA YOU! No sticks in the arm today, AND you can have coffee!

I think you are gonna have a great day today!

:)

xo

Moohaa said...

You are great. Thanks for the chuckle. I hope you get more accomplished then you thought you would!

Cheryl said...

I'd love to hire a crew to do everything on my to-do list. What a fantasy!

BTW...I think it helps to have a hummingbird feeder. It must be the color they're attracted to. I see them on the flowers, so they're around. I'm no expert, though. I'm out late tonight (snuck in a coffee shop after my appt.) so I won't get to see the birds tonight.

Karen said...

Well Soul,

Its 12.30pm and I've got a room full of Avon products on every available surface ready to be bagged up. They've been sitting there for 4 days and should be half delivered by now. I am about to completely ignore it and go and have a nap before picking up the kids just because I'm tired and I need to. Ask me if I feel guilty...go ahead...Well yes I do as a matter of fact but then I slap myself upside the head and realise if I don't look after me no one else will so I'm ignoring that too and doing it anyway.

Dishes, housework, all of it will still be there when you're ready to do it so try not to let it eat you up inside hon. It's a tough lesson to learn but I'm starting to "get it" at long last. I will come back later to comment on a couple of posts further down as I'm nodding off here. That would be funny if I did it here after you did it at my place...hahaha.

Take care my little friend and try to be a bit kinder to yourself. you are worthy you know.

Blur Ting said...

Oh, I've had days like this too. Can't do much. Feel so tired. Drink more coffee. Still so tired. Drink another cup. Fall asleep at my desk. Yup, I have had days like that. Don't kick yourself. It could be due to your medication too you know.

bonnie said...

It seems like for me, the bigger the piles get, the more the paralysis sets in. I have to move the piles just to get into my bed, then put them back on the bed (which is too much trouble to make) in the morning. Then the late fees and interest charges slap you just for additional punishment. My way out is to take one room and do it till it's all the way done.

Don said...

Soul, when I’ve had time to visit here lately you seem to be deeply troubled, but I don’t know why……and it may be none of my business.

Whatever it is, I hope you can put it behind you soon and enjoy life.

(((((SOUL)))))