Tuesday, June 10, 2008

just so ya know i'm alive

hi all--

thanks for the comments and concern--
i know i'm fallin behind-- but don't worry-- just life kinda playin bumper pool with me lately.

i did actually sleep some last night. i have no idea how much tho-- :))
i do know the last thing i remember was soulman.. literally dragging me to bed from my chair. ugh.
sooo exhausted. i finally just gave out. ran outta gas. gave up. whatever ya wanna call it-- i was soo done-- i didn't even have enough control to take my ass to bed.
i took an extra sleepin pill... and throughout the day-- may have slipped in one extra pain pill that i normally don't need (i usually don't take more than two a day-- i'm pretty sure i slid a third in last night--- pain is not my friend. :( --- so anyhow-- yes-- it apparently kicked my ass when i wasn't lookin.
i don't really think i'm complaining tho-- cuz i managed to sleep til 6:30 this morning. that, my friends.. is a damn miracle as far as i'm concerned. i was beginning to think i would never sleep again. i feel pretty rested too actually-- my neck muscles aren't too happy-- cuz i was in a not too natural position in the chair when soulman took me to bed... but i can deal with that-- better than three hours of sleep.

anyways-- looks like i have more to say than "just checkin in" .. see what happens if i just start typin? nevah know what you're gonna get :))

well anyways-- i did fish a while yesterday-- didn't catch a single fish-- they shut down-- just like i thought they might-- cuz of the weather. damn i'm good. :))

and soulman--- they didn't win any money in the tourney-- but ranked high enough to stay in the runnin.. so that much is good.
i will get to pre-fish with him for the next one-- i can't think of the name of the lake right now-- but it is close-- and it has lots of small-mouth bass in it---- i have never caught a small-mouth before. beleive it or not-- so i am lookin forward to that. (i just got the feeling that i said the wrong name for the fish--but i don't think so. duh..guess i'm still a little brain dead-- but i'll bounce back soon...i hope ) they are bass-- but brown, and get pretty big.. i want to catch some-- BIG'NS.

what else???

my story?
not much of a story-- cuz my "creative cells" are deprived of oxygen at the moment.
so it's more a flash of memory-- that came to me the other day-- it is actually something i seem to come to my mind almost every time i am in line at like a cvs-walgreens- or something similar.

but here ya go--

several years ago-- when my mom got really really sick-- she was living in california, raising my brothers daughter--who was like 14 at the time.
well, my sis lived in chicago-- with her family-- and i lived here in tx with mine- of course.

i get a phone call from my sis--
"mom's in california-- we have to go rescue her!"

wtf?????

anyhow-- we do our duty as daughters-- and only surviving children, and we go to rescue her.

one particular day-- well, let me add this part first-- my mother was very ill.. with parkinsons, and altzheimers... among other things- some being mental distubances, and just a slew of things-- and among her problems-- was severe-- i do mean sever incontinence (peeing her pants- uncontrolably).

so---
we had run out of her "diapers"/depends... while out one day-- my sis was driving--- and you know how that works--- if you aint drivin---- you become the errand runner. :))

we had to get her freakin depends.. cuz she was soaked all the way thru her clothes--- let me add -- it was like 200 degrees outside-- in bakersfield california heat.

so we get to this walgreens type of store-- i hop out to get diapers... for my mother. hmmmmmmmm. we all thought i would be in and out in like five minutes.
well...NOT.
there was some sort of problem -- maybe the register-- or the cashier-- not sure... but time kept dragging by----

finally--- there's like fifteen--or more people in line---- i was maybe.. number 4 or 5 in line.
some guy says -- loud enough for all to hear-- but mor TO the cashier --- he was holding a gallon of water--and one other thing--

"hey, my dog is out in my car and he needs some water!"

after that...
a ldy with baby formula, and diapers...

"my baby is hungry, she needs her bottle!"

finally--

me with a bag of depends...

"well, my mother is sitting in the car peeing her pants, she needs a new diaper!!"

everyone moved aside and let me go FIRST!

as soon as whatever it was got fixed-- i got to get to go first.

and my mom got dry depends and clean clothes.

and that's my story, and i'm stickin to it-

and now--- i'm gonna fix my backlashed fishin reels and go fishin ,


hope you all have happy days in your worlds today-- i will do my best here

12 comments:

ac said...

Glad to hear you finally got some sleep. Have fun fishing! (Wish I was there.) Loved the story! ac

Mary said...

I slept, too. It's sooo good to wake up and realize more than 30 minutes have passed. Hope fishing is good today.

The story is both sad and funny. I love your response to the problems other people were having. I'll have to pass it on to the kids so they'll have it ready when they need it for me. I hope that's at least 50 years down the road.

Brad said...

I love that incontinence trumps hungry babies and thirsty dogs - funny story.

Karen said...

You got some sleep!!! That's fantastic and will do you a power of good. Now all you have to do is catch some fish and life will be good as gold again...well, better anyway.

Great story in a sad/funny kind of way.

JLee said...

I'm feeling like my brain cells are a bit fried lately too! lol
I am laughing at your story. I guess it's all relative when it comes to emergencies, eh? ;)

WaterLearner said...

Good to know you are getting some sleep! Fishing was good also?

Hope your week turns out good.

Anonymous said...

amazing how those weird flashbacks come to you...but hey...it worked over everything else and everyone else in that line!!!!!

Angie Weid said...

I'm throwing you some happy, sleepy vibes. Here's a thought: as you go to bed, put all the negative crap aside and just think about all the good and positive in your life. No matter what you do the crap of life will always be there. Take a moment and recognize all the good stuff, even the tiny, littlest thing. Might sound corny, but it works for me....happy zzzzzzz's

Blur Ting said...

Oh dear, I can't help but laugh when I should be feeling sorry about your mom's condition.

SOUL said...

i'm happy you all got a chuckle-- it really is funny-- no sympathy required. :)

EE said...

Hey! I'm jealous that you got some sleep. I'm wide awake tonight because I've got another sleep-deprived EEG tomorrow. Have been having lots of dizzy spells. I'm convinced it's inner ear, but the neurologist wants me to do this AGAIN. So, anyway, I'm trying to keep myself awake and am having a hard time since I didn't get my nappy in today.
I'm cracking up over the story, though I know it's not supposed to be that funny. I guess you've gotta see the humor in situations like that!
Hope you're doing well....

SOUL said...

ee--


sorry you are havin to stay awake-- hope you made it--

and yep you have to see the humor-- and i did-- and do-- it really is funny-- how can it not be, and it almost has to be a _you had to be there - kinda thing with some people-- but , everyone was so hot and frustrated, and hurried, and most had people--or animals in the hot cars outside-- and really-- it was just funny.

anyhow-- i hope things get figured out for ya!

seems a lot of folks have medical crap goin on these days-- again.

hang in there--
and have a good weekend.. ya know-- you really are on the run too much-- maybe you need to TRY to slow down a little. i KNOW-- ....
but maybe just try.??

laterz