Monday, June 9, 2008

has anybody seen my REM sleep ???

i am so out of stuff to write about, it's just sick.
i think i'm five or six days runnin on very little to almost no sleep -- at night-- and what i do sleep in the day is crap. i wake up-- or get woke up so often , it can't be called sleep anyhow. the naps are are short and interrupted. i need a vacation.. or a straight jacket ! really. i'm gettin a bit nutty. not in a too- bad way-- yet. but it is gettin to where i make sure i'm wearing pants when i walk out the front door ! i'm not kidding either. that is part of my leave the house checklist...

keys, check
cigs, check
drink, check,
purse, check
pants, check

etc... it's baaaad.
i'm beginning to worry.
but there's not much i can do about it. not any more than i do now.

so anyhow-- aside from that---

summer school starts today--- she goes from 9-10 this time. beats 8-9 -- for all concerned.
apparently she can test out on friday. if she passes the test this friday-- we get half our money back-- and she gets to quit going-- with a passing grade -- woo hoo. she's pretty set on passing it. let's hope so. i really want her to enjoy her summer-- and i want to enjoy mine too-- without having the summer weekends cut short-- a couple of them.. like fathers day-- and another one-- i was hoing for out of town three day-ers.. but if she has school on those mondays we can't do that-- if she can get out with that test-- we will all be free to do whatever we want-- long weekends -- or whatever. and the money would be nice too. :)) i think she's quite capable-- if she pays attention, and applies herself-- it's just a wait n see i spose.

also-- we have been talking about going on a real vacation this passed few days. we haven't had a real vacation since she was like 7 years old when we went to san antonio and south padre. that was a lot of fun for all of us. we had like a week or ten days..and drove to san antonio-- for a night or two-- then south padre for like four--then back to san antonio for one or two--then back home. we had such a blast!

since then, we've been to NY for like 5 days or a week.. but only spent like two days of it site seeing.. the rest was soulman working while me and soulkid were trapped carless at the hotel room.. in FREEZING weather. we enjoyed the time we did spend out-- but really my strongest memories there? i had just had my front tooth pulled, i got a sinus infection, i was freezing, and soulkid was a grumpy little thing. it wasn't a great time, but it was ok.

so yep-- we are ready for some fun..family time. of course-- she will bring a friend--and totally ignore us the entire time. :)) but it won't be HERE. we're talkin about goin to chorpus christi and stayin at the beach. soulman wants to go to pensacola-- but i vote chorpus-- pensacola is twice as far-- and just too much time in the car for me. i would be no fun after that much time in the car. i just don't travel well anymore.

hmmmm.... what else?
fishin? i may go here in a little while-- after soulkid heads out. it doesn't look like the wind is too bad this morning. it is supposed to rain, however. ha.. if it aint one thing it's another- right? but i can handle a little rain-- just don't know how the fish will do. catfish do ok in the rain.. but bass kinda shut down sometimes. and i do not want catfish. :O so i need to wait and see how it looks after a while.

soooo.. that's about it for now.

i did think of a little story i want to tell y'all last night. i'll wait til later tho. i'm tired right now and gettin a bit crosseyed. hopefully later i'll be a bit more alive.

i'll be cruisin around this afternoon.. see ya then.

happy monday to ya--

15 comments:

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

Sorry about your sleep issues, Soul - I know that wears on you. Sounds like you REALLY need to get away!

Smocha said...

Sounds like fun!Hope ya get to go on the vacation.

I never heard of getting to "test out " of summer school! woo hoo! Hope she can do it.

Poodles gets here tomorrow. Yippy!
Means I better get of my laze and finish all my chores.

At the risk of repeating myself (and my nag..about this) lol
I'm telling you, wean yourself off the frekin caffeine...if you get down to just coffee in the a.m. and decaf tea the rest of the time...you WILL see a big difference in your ability to sleep.
And that's all I have to say about that. lol
BTW there is no difference in the taste of decaf tea or cokes. It's not gross like decaf coffee.

I think my hair is dead. :)
I've been holding out on getting it cut cuz i'm so cheap ....I'm gonna make Poodles cut it.
wish me luck with that. lol

Well, I better get busy.

laters, Love me

ac said...

Pensacola is lovely. You would like! And another big plus, ac lives there!

You are right about it being a looooong way tho. We break the trip up by stopping in New Orleans. There's a place in NO that has an amazing sandwich called a Muffeletta. We stop and get one, eat it, walk around the French Quarter for a few hours, then back in the car to finish off the drive to Pensacola. Sometime we spend the night in NO and continue the following day.

It's 10 hours from Houston to Pensacola. I know every inch of the road between here and there personally. ha!

Cheryl said...

My co-worker just came back from a vacation in Pensacola. She rented a wonderful condo with a pool that looked like it was in a Hawaiian village.

Good luck with whatever you do today. Good luck to soulkid with the test!

WaterLearner said...

How's your week so far? Just popping by to check on your whereabouts and whatdoings.

Hope your week is starting fine and well.

The Real Mother Hen said...

Soul I gotta nag you to see a doc and get some sleeping pills. Not able to sleep is something serious, and can contribute to a lot of health issues.
Heck I'm worried about you.

Do see a doc asap Soul.

Mary said...

Don't look at me, I ain't seen REM sleep 'round here. :)

I hope you're having a day for good fishing and crossing my fingers that Soulkid is able to cut summer school short.

A vacation would be a good thing for you. Just don't make it too complicated and enjoy.

Angie Weid said...

I've been with ya not being able to sleep, though I divorced my cause of insomnia. Stress and worry sounds like your source, a vacation might be just what is in order. Smocha's got an idea will backing off on the caffine a bit, too.

You know your body best. You know what's going on. Take care of yourself and you'll be back to many zzzzzzz's

Anonymous said...

yeah hope that soulkid makes it out of summer school...that's a cool way to do it...but then you think if they did that during the school year..there wouldnt be this situation eh? LOL..oh well... hope you all get a nice vacation somewhere. you all deserve it!

Blur Ting said...

Did you try the sniffing onions recommendation by Motha?

It'll be so nice to go on your vacation. I think it is a good idea for Soulkid to bring her friend. That way, she won't be so grumpy and you're free to enjoy your holiday with Soulman too.

Oh, I'm excited for you guys. It will be a great vacation I know!

Jamie said...

Hey, i hope your sleeping right now ----

Feel better tomorrow. I hope you got to fish today, and that you caught a huge one.

Hugs my friend.

xo

Karen said...

Soul you really need to get something to help you sleep and it doesn't have to be drugs. you can get natural remedies that won't interfere with your other medications but you must get some sleep or the rest of your health issues will flare up big time darl.

The trouble is it's become a pattern now and you have to break the cycle in order for you to get into a better pattern of sleep. Says me who has been sleeping like crap too lately though I'm getting more than you by a long way.

Hope Soulkid manages to ditch Summer School for all of your sakes and I hope things get better for you soon Soul. I'm worried about you.

Smocha said...

Sleeping in?

if I just leave my computer on your page now, will it tell me when you update?

Hmmmm...don't know 'bout that.

luv me

EE said...

Griffin starts summer school on Monday...I feel your pain.
Can't wait to find out where you're going on vacation...

SOUL said...

erin-- lookin like PCOLA at this point-- still in the works-- we are sooo back n forth--on everything.
last night we were almost ready to go out to eat-- and ended up cooking. ugh.
just never know anything around here.