Monday, May 12, 2008

what goes up must come down

i had the best mothers day ever yesterday!

i felt good ,i was spoiled ; without feeling like anyone was forcing it--- or "put out". it was just a really good day.

i didn't have the most fun ever while shopping. God..y'all know how i hate to shop. i need one of those "personal shopper people" :))
i ended up at THREE different stores-- only looking for a shirt and pants. i had planned on gettin some "real" girl pants. but that is always hell for me in itself. so-- needless to say-- i ended up with mens pants--yet again. (all i found at the first store was stuff for soulkid and soulman--aint that the way it goes tho)
anyhow.. i'm lookin at the "slacks".. i either couldn't find my size-- which oddly enough , i don't even KNOW in girl size. i even looked at "suits".. but -- i am built so freakin weird-- i always need like a huge, blazer, and small pants-- so that didn't work either.
then i think , after looking at about two thousand shirts, i decide-- ok, i'll break down and look at -- womens shirts. even though i hate them! hate them. (on me).. so i start lookin around .. i cannot believe some of these clothes. my gawd. on the hanger , i would see somethin, "hey that looks cute".. i'd pull it off the rack.. only to find it was only like a HALF shirt-- meaning like a crop top--and i'm talkin about collared shirts.. wth ? why would they not make an entire shirt? ugh. that happened several times. then of course other shirts are sleeveless, or like tank tops... or soooo freakin "form fitted" it was just ridiculous-- they could only fit a mannequin-- NO human woman could be shaped that way. ugh. ... i woulda laughed if i wasn't so frustrated.
i don't know ANYONE--THAT "form fitted". i really think i am de-formed. all my life i have been forced to wear mens clothes due to my "form".. my shape. my whatever. i honestly don't know where this build of mine came from. but i would never ever wear a half shirt-- especially trying to dress nice. or a sleeveless, and/or tight as a straight jacket shirt. sorry peeps.. just not for me. it does work for some.. i just aint one of em.
the few things i saw that i really thought were cute enough to wear-- were either small enough to fit sushi-- seriously--whether in womens or jrs depts... i was almost to the point of bein pissed..and givin up on the whole ordeal. (and y'all wonder why i dress like a slob-- ha now ya know. )

so anyhow-- after three stores , i end up--for myself-- a shirt-and a pair of pants. woo hoo-- not exactly what i wanted-- but i was done.
so i go home, get cleaned up, begin to get dressed-- and what do i find? even the damned mens pants i bought-- were huge! they were the size i wear-- just musta been a "style " i didn't know about--it was a brand i have never bought before. was i pissed? umm yes. i ended up wearing the shirt i got-- which i like-- only it coulda been a size smaller. but the pants--ugh. i ended up wearing some jeans-- baggy mind you-- not designed baggy-- just loose-- that i really didn't want to wear. i wanted BLACK. i have a pair or two that are black-- but couldn't find them anywhere. and i looked everywhere. ugh.

but it worked out. we thought the place we were going was gonna be all fancy and everyone would be dressed up etc-- we get there-- and people are wearin T-Shirts ! dammit. i wish i woulda known that. no, i wouldn't have worn a t-shirt-- but i sure wouldn't have been as stressed as i was about what i was gonna wear.

alright, so now that you've heard of my disdain of clothes shopping... (sorry)

dinner was very good. it was at a brazilian steak house place. where they cut your meat at your table, and feed you til ya can't move-- or if you wanted to-it's near impossible. and boy did we EAT. it was soo good. wanna peek? k..

here-- is where we ate--



here is MY round 1
salad bar to die for !



round 2-
OMG..
i ate it all-
and more


and even DESSERT(half a turtle cheesecake slice-)
YUM

it was sooo damn good !

and we had a great time there.

although, some guy-- was LOOKIN at me the entire time-- for over an HOUR!
ooh i hated that. i don't know why he was lookin at me..he was with his family at the table across from us-- but stared at me all through dinner. it really bothered me. but oh well. i'm sure he got a kick outta THIS:

(my gifts -- only ME y'all... it cracks me up sometimes, the stuff soulman buys for me. :)) but i have actually wanted this for a while--just been too cheap to buy one for myself.. :))



obviously, on the right is a little bear-(from soulkid)
soulkid insisted i name him..
he is now "Soul"
i figured hell, i won't be soul forever-- so why not.
she liked it. and so do i.

as for the one on the left--
it is from soulman..
and it is a fish scale LOL

i couldn't help myself but to say---
"fish scales? you bought me fish scales?"

well, now he thinks i don't like--or want them, and said i could take them back-- but actually-- i need them. and will use them, and he's right-- i would never buy expensive scales.
we got some cheap ass scales last year that were never right-- and now they are in a box somewhere.
now i'll know when i get that 5 pounder !
:))

ok folks..
i have more to say-- but i have a hot date-- so i gotta go for now.

not really a date-- another F'N dr.
this medical and doctor crap is gonna kill me some day.
just the thought of going -- makes me wanna ---
well, i don't know what it makes me wanna.
it surely makes me NEVER want to see another doctor in my frickin life though.
no one has a clue how sick i am gettin of this.
i'm at the point i'm ready to just quit tryin... let whatever it is that is attacking me.. do it--
cuz the mother fuckin doctors aren't doin a damn thing besides passing me around from one to the other.
and i ammmmm sooooo tired of it.

i reckon i will be back later with part two of this.
cuz i gotsta get UP.

13 comments:

Smocha said...

Ola!

Glad you had a great day too.
All my kids called me, eventually. :)

I hear ya on the clothes. I can't STAND skintight clothes and that's all they seem to make. UGH!!

You should try old navy. They have slim fit (womens) dress pants ,that sit low on the deformed waist. lol

They're the only dress pants that actually fit me right.

I need to get off my laze and get my day started. Have fun at the doctors. ha ha

Love me

Portia said...

ALRIGHT! Now THAT's a meal:):) (Cept for the weirdo, we'll just have to ignore him.) I'm glad you had such a good Mother's Day. Really, really glad.
I know exactly what you mean about shopping. I was gonna tell you all about it but I went on and on so much I decided I should blog about it myself sometime. So anyway, I hear ya.
:)

Mary said...

I hate shopping, too. Well, with one exception - I like to take the boys shopping for shoes. They try on, discuss, and make hard decisions about which shoes will make them run the fastest.

Your evening was great. The food looks yummy and I bet it was. The kook who stared was impolite.

Soul, I love this picture of you. To me it reflects so much of you - your understanding and concern of others. You are a wonderful caring lady, whose family loves her very, very much.

Karen said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day Soul which of course you thoroughly deserve.

Now before I go and read the other 13 posts I've missed I have to just tell you something. Your package arrived today and I was SO thrilled. I've named the little guy Cuddles because that's what I will be doing with him whether hubby's here or not.

Stay tuned in the next day or so as I will get the girls to take a pic of us together. I was so touched at such a beautiful gesture. You're one in a million Soul and don't let anyone ever tell you different.

PS I hope all goes well at the Docs. Now i gotta go catch up.

Anonymous said...

I love pink, especially with black, so I know you looked nice. Glad you had a good day. We had kids all weekend. First time ever on Mother's day. Jennifer was on a cruise with her boyfriend and we had to practially fight them away from Bo's x. Good to see them, BETTER to see them go after 2 nights, 3 days! auntie j

Anonymous said...

ps day 1" Will, do you want mustard on your hotdog? his dad won't eat mustard. Yes, please...... when i gave it to him, Where's the ketchup, mayo and cheese?!... duh.... day 2 Will, what do you want on your hamburger? Just mayo and ketchup. Rachael, what do you want on yours? Just mayo and ketchup.... when I put her's in front of her. I told you I just wanted mayo and ketchup. That's all I put!... No, I see meat!..... duh!!! auntie j

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Looks like a blast for you on Mothers day..the food looked soooooo good!!!!

Btw, you look adorable in PINK!!!

Good luck at the doctah's..yuck!

Always,
Elizabeth

maybe the weirdo is a fellowblogger?? and he recognized you!!?? :) lol

Blur Ting said...

The food look yummy! So sweet of your kids to give you a Soul Bear :-) Your family is really sweet to you. :-)

Jessica said...

Shopping does not sound like fun for you--but stay outta that dang juniors department!!

But it doesn't matter what you wear, men in restaurants will stare at your hotness no matter what! ;)

Rebecca said...

Heya. Glad you had a nice Mother's Day! We were at a party the night before, so Brian and I were a little hung over, and not moving so well...wound up going to dinner at a Greek restaurant.

And you do look great in that pink oxford! As for clothes that don't fit in a funky, no I am not 17 years old with a perfect bod, I go to the Banana Republic sales rack when they have their addition 50% off sale. Got some really nice khakies for 12 bucks! And they fit normal--waist is where it oughta be, length is good, not tight. Yep, clothes for grownups. Ann Taylor loft sales are good too.

JLee said...

Wow, you really got spoiled! I have to laugh at the fish scales though. lol
I wonder what was up with that guy? Maybe he recognized you from your blog? ha

EE said...

OMG...I'm salivating after looking at the pictures of your dinner.
Where's the photo of the cheesecake?????
Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

SOUL said...

i hope all of you got your spoils in too and didnt have to cook


i dont know why i didnt get pics of the cheesecake-- too full to bend over for the camera by then perhaps? :))

i don't think i'll ever go back there to eaT-- i ate waaayyyy tooo much.

ahhh yes the doctah-- i do owe an update on that crap don't i? hmm.