Tuesday, May 27, 2008

back to the ole grind--

howdy folks--
happy tuesday to ya--
which is sort of a monday for most.


i don't have a whole lot to say right now-- or a whole lot of time to say it anyhow.

i got to a few pages this mornin, and did get a chance to reply to comments here... but that's about as far as i'm gonna get for now. so-- my last two posts-- are fully updated ! woo hoo-- so if you commented here on either of them.. i talked to y'all in my boxes. see? i'm tryin to get back on track. let's see if i don't derail again.

so anyhow-- i have a lot to do today-- but when i'm done--prolly late this afternoon, i shall get back to my cruisin etc. -- and talk in YOUR boxes- :)) -- and hopefully mine too

but, before i get to my business of the day-- let's see what i have to say here real quick.

well, really not much-- that or i just can't think right now, for the ever growing mental list in my head at the moment.

soulkid had quite the emotional day yesterday, which in turn made it real hard for me to process much in my own. i can't-- or won't blog it. it really isn't my stuff to put here for all to see ya know. it is her stuff-- or at least that of her "world".. if that makes sense. but it was hard for all of us. especially her. and for us as parents.... ?? --- it is something that happens-- that can paralyze a parent-- and make you only thank God that it wasn't any worse-- for anyone involved.

i'm sorry that is so cryptic.. i won't go any further with it-- because it will only confuse you.
hell i'm confused. i don't know everything that happened.. but i know enough to be upset, worried, and grateful. for more than just my own kid.

ok .. i better move away from that topic....

ummmm....

i broke down last night, and cleaned out all the rod lockers and storage boxes on the boat .. i couldn't stand the thought of one more tournament like the last. i couldn't believe the amount of trash , extra life jackets, and just misc STUFF that just was NOT needed on that boat. i mean a - i don't know maybe a fifty ft extension cord? WTH? talk about bein in the way! there was like twenty , two year old full water bottles..not to mention as many empty ones... it was just awful. but it is very nice now-- and everything will be easy to get to now. anything not required on that thing-- is gone now! a trip to the carwash-- and a nice new carpet-- would be terrific.. but i know the carpet will have to wait-- the carwash can happen tho-- :))

i hope that soulman learned from the last tourney also-- NOT to put his ginormous tackle bag in the pathway during a night tourney-- at least without letting me know it's there... good lord -- i coulda broke a leg on that thing! that hurt ! lol.. i'm sure it woulda been funny if he actually saw it tho-- :)) but all he knew was he heard a big crash.. and a LOT of cussing ! :))

i don't think we will be fishin the next one.. he has to work on saturday-- and we usually dont get home til 1130 or 12 on those nights-- but i'lll let ya know if he feels energetic.
you know-- we have fished three tourneys together now-- and 2 out of three we won money. that's pretty good odds. what a team eh? makes it hard to pass up. plus it's fun!

welp-- i spose i should go-- soulkid is up-- and she is quite the crabapple. i am trying to be nuthing but supportive to her through "this".. and she wants to be all grouchy to ME about it.....

i guess we all get that way sometimes when bad things happen in our worlds and we dont want to talk about it-- but geesh. it just makes me wanna be somewhere else when i get talked to in one word blunt responses.

how bout you?

maybe i'll go fishin before i start my day :))
sure was fun yesterday!!

i'm so irrisponsible...
i swear it's an addiction!!!!

22 comments:

Smocha said...

well, i hate it when you do that. Why bring it up at all? lol

The only thing I can recall "paralyzing me ,as a parent" was catching my 15 year old in the shower with his girlfriend. LOL

Well, thanks for making my crazy mind have to wonder now. ack!

I think y'all are pretty damn lucky at fishing:)

I took my spouse to the airport this morning and ever since the drive home ..my hands are cold and numb. damnit! I need some gloves and they're all packed away in the attic.

I put up a picture post. Yesterday was Monkeys first time out and she did GREAT! Not one bit terrified.
Go figure.

well, i'm leaving my sty and thrift storing things up.
I KNOW i'll be ready for nap time by noon. :)

Have a great day!
love me

p.s. I'm first! hahaha

ac said...

I don't talk about my daughter very much on my site for the same reason you mention. It's her life, and I don't feel comfortable spilling it out here on the tooobz. Teenagers are a tricky bunch. I raised mine and one other and I can tell you it was a minefield. haha Whatever is going on with your kiddo, I will keep her in my thoughts for a good outcome.


I so want to go fishing! I'm living vicariously through you right now. Each time you go and share pics, I feel a little like I went myself. No pressure or anything... HA!

Blessing to you and to grouchy soulkid as well.

SOUL said...

well smocha-- i don't really know why i do such things-- i guess in a way-- it's therapy-- sort of. hell if i know. i don't know nuthin.
i can tell you-- it was..is NUTHING of that nature!!!
it really isn't about HER at all. aside from her emotions.. and my fear of what if it WAS her. it very well coulda been.
too close to home, if ya know what i mean.
anyhow- lets just drop it shall we.

you don't need to wonder-- it's not that big a deal.

oh-- and the fishing-- it aint luck sistah-- it's TALENT ! hahahahaha

why were your hands so cold? is it THAT cold there today?? surely not?
we are sposed to have a cold front and T-storms come thru tonight and tomorrow-- we'll see about that.

i do believe that storms are comin tho-- yesterday the fish were hittin like crazy-- i went for like thirty minutes this morning-- and not ONE bite ! :(( that often happens before a storm. isn't that odd?

i'll check out your post later-- soulkids lower (glued in) retainer came out yesterday-- so off to ortho we go today--- on top of all my other crap-- i am already behind in. ugh. does it ever friggin end?

have fun today-- did you buy me sumthin :))

luv me-

SOUL said...

this is two in a row for first for you isn't it ??

you win...

a fish scale milkshake !!!
bwa hahahahahah

SOUL said...

hey ac----

ya know what-- a while back-- before you started comin around-- well, as far as i know-- at least before you started talkin at least-- i used to talk entirely too much about the child. which is a big part of why i deleted a lot of my posts. i would get a lot of unsolicited advice-- plus a lot of it was really her business and not to air.. ya know. i have gotten much better about it.. and try to post only "good " things about her-- not to make her look like an angel-- but just to keep the personal, personal, ya know. but yep-- sometimes crap slips--
usually when i'm pissed off.
oh hell.. i don't know-- i try. or maybe she needs to piss me off less. :))

oh gawd- i think i just need to shut up about it.
i'll prolly always mention her occasionally. it's hard not to.

and thanks for the good thoughts for her :))

no pressure eh? hmmm... does that mean your captain didn't take you fishin today? well why NOT? that is just wrong. and you tell him i said so. :))

my next big fish is henceforth dedicated to YOU. :))

how bout that?
i don't think it will be today tho-- and if we get rain over the next day or two it won't be then either-- but soon as i get one-- you'll be the first to know about it--ok?

what do ya want me to name it?
i get a kick outta naming my fish..
i haven't named one before it was caught tho-- so i guess we;ll wait. k

anyhow-- have a great day lady-

Portia said...

There are worse things to be addicted to than fishing! Trust me I have one of *those* personalities.
So have fun fishing, whenever you get back out there, and my very best to SoulKid with whatever she's dealing with right now.
:)

ac said...

I didn't get to fish. We wanted to go but had company until 7:30.

I didn't get a shark pic either. can you believe it!!!? I didn't have my camera. Yep, it was a sand shark. It put up quite the little fight. The person who caught it was absolutely glowing. Fishing is SO FUN.

The Captain will be home only six more days. He's going back 3 days early to work for someone. :-{ He's usually home 11 days. Works 23. Jamie says I'm 'single' for 23 days. hahaha I always laugh when I think about that.

Don't feel bad about your memory. Mine is way less than it used to be. I think we need to get ourselves a couple of secretaries... You know... Someone to keep up with all the details of our life. HA!

The Real Mother Hen said...

want some donut? study said donut can make your day colorful - ok I made that up, but it isn't very far off is it? :)

if it helps to make you feel better, well, I hereby give you permission to go and beat an Asian up! HA

Karen said...

Portia said almost word for word what I was going to say (I'm high fiving you Portia) and I am absolutely cracking up at Motha. HA HA HA.

Kids eh? They drive us up the wall but we wouldnt be without them would we? Hope you both feel better about everything soon.

Blur Ting said...

I know how helpless a parent feels when their kids are distressed. Funny, my son was feeling the same way as Soulkid the other night which made me feel distressed.He apologised later but I also realised that the reason why he was feeling that way was partly because of me. He was affected by the level of stress I was going through and being a more emotional kid, it manifested through his own emotions.

SOUL said...

hiya portia ---

you got that right-- i could be addicted to just about anything-- too bad it aint cleaning house huh.. lol..

i wish i was fishing right now-- and i just might be-- if it wasn't dark.. hell, that might not even matter right now if i thought they'd be bitin.. but since they weren't this morning-- and my guess is because of the rain and weather etc-- i won't bother...
but -- ugh. just UGHHHHH.

hope your day was a good one!!!

--- funny-- you and gypsy share a brain... :))

SOUL said...

ac--

that sucks you didn't get to fish.. any chance you will another time while hubby is home?

seems i never have my camera when i need it either-- the only time i really have it ready is when i'm fishin or on holidays or somethin. i never fail to miss the kodak moments. :((
woulda been kool to see the shark tho-
i couldn't imagine catching one-- little or not..

"single for 23 days a month"-- :)) ... yep -- it sounds kinda fun -- til ya live it huh.... soulman and i were active duty when we got married, and i though being separated when he went to sea wouldn't be that big a deal--- i was sooo wrong. it's just different when it actually happens.. over and over again. especially with kid (s)..

how long has the captain been doin this job? how old is your daughter?

ya, i'll take a secretary-- and a maid-- and a -- i don't know -- i guess that'll do for now. :))

welcome to the senile club-- you are now an elite member :))

ttyl have a good night-

SOUL said...

AC-- you posted at 333 !!!
LOL

SOUL said...

motha !!!
that's too much LOL

love your theory on the donut thing--
but i'm tellin ya-- the Asian thing almost killed me! are we talkin just any random asian.. or do you have a certain one in mind that i should hunt down for ya? LOL
that's just too funny-- thanks for the laugh...

btw- you know i could never beat up an asian..
well, i could never beat anyone up actually-- i only LOOK like i could :)) (or not)

hope your day was good to you

SOUL said...

hey gypsy--
don't you hate it when that happens?
i'm always so late gettin anywhere lately someone always says what i want to say first.

yep-- kids-- want one?
LOL
just kidding

(thanks)
have a good day-- (right?)

SOUL said...

hi blur--
sorry your havin a rough time-- sensitive kids are hard to deal with eh?
boys are very different than girls tho-- very different. polar opposites.
all three of my sises boys combined in their teens don't compare to soulkid -- erg.

BUT-- when she is sweet-- she''s vereeeeee sweeeet.
y'all know that.

anyways-- hope things smooth out for you
have a good day out there--is it humpday yet?

SOUL said...

BLUR-- why isn't your link workin??? i can't get in!
whaaaaa

Smocha said...

Ha! you never got to LIVE with Two and Three as teens. I would have taken a girl any day!


Update hawg!!!

Smocha said...

p,s, the kittens died over at desert dirt divas. :(

Jessica said...

I am guessing Soulkid is so glad she has you to come home to, to talk to when stuff like that happens.

You pretty much rock, you know that right? :)

Portia said...

High five Gypsy!
;)

EE said...

What the heck happened???? I'm dying...LOL!!!