Monday, March 3, 2008

rainy days and monday always get me down


i already have two strikes against me---and they are only piling up... and hell.. it's 6 a.m!

it rained hard all night long-- the wind is about to blow the roof off--- AND i just heard that it MIGHT even snow today.. WTF???? AND i have the great EEG this morning-- which in and of itself is only offering mixed emotions. i hate doctors-- i hate NEW doctors even more than doctors i know and hate. i hate new procedures EVEN more than that... and i hate uncertainty even more. oh , and to top that off, i live in a place that NO ONE knows how to drive in a mere sprinkle.. so of course in a rain like this-- every highway.. and of course in DFW there are only like 3000 of them... every highway is backed up with car wrecks and looky-loos! OMG.

this is a day that i would be better off going back to bed! but also a day that it's just not possible.
i have too much to do-- and too many places to go. hubby goes back to work tomorrow..so aside from the appointments, etc.. i have to make sure all my errands, and running around get done while i have my soul-driver.
groceries, mailing bills, po-box, getting rx's dropped off and picked up , all that kind of outside stuff that will require driving. plus any other misc crap. guess i better get to making my list--

ya know-- it sure is different when it is a choice to not go anywhere... and when you are told that you can't go anywhere. six months is a long time. to not even go to the store--or fishing-- this is crap. how my brother lived his entire life this way --- i don't know. he just accepted it. and he walked-- a lot. he walked for miles and miles a day sometimes. sure, he got rides, and he hitch hiked-- but he walked , and rode bikes-- but maybe he didn't know different. but i do-- and i don't like it. i'm actually quite peeved.

speaking of which-- they just showed a car on tv that drove through a building-- due to a "medical condition"... holy crap!

anybody wanna join me in my pity party???

i guess i'll have to learn some kind of crafty crap or something... i'll surely go insane on house arrest.
i could write my book...
i could scrapbook
i could make stained glass windows
OR better yet--- i could hang my crap on my nekkid walls!!!

hope you all have happy mondays-- for a monday!

8 comments:

Angie Weid said...

Scrapbooking always seemed like a ton of effort and energy for paper.

Smashing windows would be more fun than staining.

Writing a book? Hmmm, you kinda got something going with this blog thing.

That leaves hangin stuff on yer nekkid walls ... I vote for that one. Making your home feel better is always aids the mind.

It's gonna start raining here this afternoon. Maybe I'll be able to float down to your home to help out.

JLee said...

I'll join your pity party! ha
It is a great day to stay home and I plan on doing just that. Stay warm and Happy Monday :)

Smocha said...

I JUST woke up! Ha! 8:50 can you imagine? lol

I'll join your pity party. It's raining and thundering right now. Our weather is back in the toilet too.
*sniffle*

The first YEAR we lived in Chicagoland I had NO car!I walked thru thigh high snow to get cigarettes. I walked thru savage wind to target. And if I was really desperate ...they have these yellow things called Taxis. :)
I took them too.

I was too embarrassed to try a bike. Can you imagine trying to ride one ,in that damn wind?

*insert scary wizard of Oz music*


I vote for decorating the bare walls.


Maybe if the Doctor finds nothing...they won't pull yer driving privy's.

let me know what they say!!!

Love me

Mary said...

It is a crappy morning in your corner of the world. (It'll be here tomorrow.) Hang in there, kid. You've cleared some tough hurdles and this is one that you'll clear with a breeze. Aren't you glad that hubby is there to drive you? I hate driving in weather like you have today.

Let us know what the doctor says after the EEG results are in. Meantime I, too, vote for decking the walls. Arrange a wall in a completely different way. It'll be interesting and keep your mind occupied.

As always, thinking of you.

The Real Mother Hen said...

You will all go to your pity party Soul!
And then you can write a book on "10,000 things to do when you're bored"
#1 on the list - call Soul up at 2am and demand Apple Pie :)

Portia said...

i agree, it sucks to wake up to a rainy monday. i hope you found some pleasant surprises tucked in there somewhere to make it better:) good luck getting everything done! i know you won't be getting all the answers you need today, but i sure hope the EEG goes well.

nananananananananananananananana

Jessica said...

I went up the walls when I couldn't drive. Even if I didn't "need" anything. It's so frustrating to have your choice, your freedoms stripped away. I hope you get good answers today.

I think writing is a good way to spend your days. That's what everyone thought I should have done when I was trapped at home. But I wasn't in the "place" to write then...

Blast some music and decorate those nekkid walls!!!

EE said...

I hate Mondays!
I'd love to be put on house arrest, though;)