Monday, March 3, 2008

m-UP-date



and the walls have have it! looks like the unanimous vote is to decorate my nekkid walls while i'm on house arrest. so i suppose that is what i shall do. i really need to anyhow. i lived in our last house for a year without hanging anything on the walls, and i absolutely hated that. when we moved here i vowed i would decorate-- i have sort of, but still haven't hung any pictures. soooo not like me. :((

anyhow. the EEG went ok. i didn't wear that cap thing. it was the lead type. more what i thought it would be, but it has been so long since i saw one i thought maybe they changed. but nope. nearly thirty of them bad boys glued to my head.. sexy huh???
she had me close my eyes while she flashed lights for a few minutes, then close my eyes and breathe deep etc.. then i was supposed to sleep for fifteen minutes-- but that didn't happen.. i was just about to fall asleep when she told me to wake up. so.. i don't know if that matters.
but that was it. and of course i won't have any results for at least a week.

after that we went to the eye appointment. originally, all three of us had appointments for today, but two of the appointments had to be rescheduled, and we kept one today for hubby... since he was off today. but by the time we got there- he decided since i was the blindest that i could have it-- so i didn't complain. i took it. and i will have my lovely "trifocals" in a week or so. :)) i'm truly old.

they also said that as far as my eyes go one is nearsighted and one is farsighted.. so that is why i have such a hard time ... they don't work together. soooo maybe if i patch one to read-- and the other to watch tv.. i may be alright :))

so, you might say, if i was a car--- over the passed few months i've had quite the overhaul... and things are actually lookin kinda good for the most part. nothin a little spit and polish can't fix..so, life is ok here in soulland. cold.. but ok. i can't believe it was almost eighty degrees a week ago-- and ready to freakin snow right now. *TEAR*

oh well.. it could be worse-- remember that--- it could always be worse.

have good nights out there y'all

11 comments:

Smocha said...

Ooh ! trifocals.....you sexy thang!
LOL

Did you get the line less ones?
My bifocals are line less, but they've never worked. 800.00 bucks wasted.

I have that same problem , both eyes are different.ACK!

Why be normal?? Right? :)


Yes ,things could always be worse.

Don't you love WAITING for test results? NOT!!!

I shall update soon. (I hope)
I'm sooo tia'd.


Love me

Jamie said...

Sorry about the tri-focals, but I think you will look splendid in them...and you can TOO be sexy with them!

Ugh. What a day I have had...and I would have called but I would have cried...

I'm happy you survived the eeg, and like you, I am anxious to know what's up. Hopefully, a one time thing...

Have a great evening. I will be the one in the corner, talking to myself.

xo

:(

Mary said...

I just watched the national news on CBS for the first time in I can't remember when. One of the 'stories' was about an infestation of birds over-running Ft Worth. I think birds would be worse than snow. At least snow doesn't smell bad. Gross!!

Walls it is? Now go have fun. It ain't fishin', but it ain't sleepin' or feelin' sick either. This will be over soon and you'll be back at the lake with a fishing rod in your hand. We're all waiting for the test results.

Thinking 'bout U
Mary

Blur Ting said...

I never knew that could happen - one eye near sighted and the other far sighted! Maybe that's making you feel crappy. You know, the slightest imbalance in our body makes us feel out of sorts.

I would feel very crappy in that kind of weather too. Rain and wind and snow. That's just so bad. It's too cold to remain sane. You're coping very well indeed.

Hope the weather gets better over there. Or else, just daydream like me. I just posted my dream of the good life...

Andrew said...

My eyes are terrible and I have an appointment for new glasses. The ones I am wearing look like coke bottle bottoms! LOL No joke. I hope your test come out okay. I read you everyday but have been lax in commenting on blogs lately. Trying to change that about me.

Cheryl said...

I've got the trifocals, without the lines. I didn't have any problem getting used to them...some people do.

Glad the test is over. I hope the results are fine.

Paint? I'm such a perfectionist. I don't like painting, but like color on the walls. I have a friend who's a painter and has done a lot for me but he won't charge me. That means I can't ask him anymore.

Have a good night, OK?

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

see, trifocals are hot! ANd imagine all the fish you'll be able to catch now!! :)

Too bad near and far don't work together..you'd think it'd balance it out, but noooooooo..

I'm glad the eegg or eeg (yikes, to think I want to obtain my nursing certificate!!) has good results...

and may you sleep soundly tonight.

hmmm...paint walls..
Colors?
coffee colored cream walls in living room
olive color for bathroom.
chocolate for bedroom
chalkboard paint for your soultween..it's black and you can draw on it..no matter what I think it's cool!

HAHAh..actually, I'm sure whatever colors you chose will be awesome!
Happy almost tuesday..I'll give you some 80s weather! How long until you're in west Palm beach.??

Always,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

hey there....ya sexy thang...! anyways....yeah...why dont you decorate those walls with pics of fairies....(you know the kind...) LOL glad the eeg was uneventful....awaiting results..and hope they're good ones...!

Moohaa said...

So, just say your eyes are multi-tasking right?! Have fun painting and decorating. Hoping for good news on that eeg.

Golden To Silver Val said...

I think if something was off kilter, the lights flashing would have given you another seizure. So, here's hoping it was just the medicine that messed with ya. So glad you're getting your glasses...I think its going to make a huge difference in a lot of things. Those eyes of yours could have been the culprits for all those headaches. How soon do you get those glasses? Sorry if you said it and I missed it....HEY, I'm OLD!
Have restful sleep tonight...ttyl
Peace...Charlotte

Karen said...

Glad the EEG thingy went well but that sucks to have to wait a whole week for the results. Now I feel confident that it will be the medicine that messed you up but in case it isn't, why not try a new hobby that you've never had time for? You mentioned scrapbooking in an earlier post....I think that would be great to get into and have been thinking about doing that myself.

I really have to get to some painting too. We started the family/dining/kitchen area but didn't get any further. It's a bit difficult when your hubby is MIA. I can paint but don't have a steady enough hand to do the cornices or whatever they're called.

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for good news for you Soul.