Wednesday, February 6, 2008

workin my way back to you---

is that a song? i think it is.. or part of one. but i have no idea. if it is, it's a old one.
but anyhow. that is what came to mind as i was sitting here thinking about what-- if anything to write. i'm still not real sure, so i guess you'll have to wing it with me as i go along.

we all know that a lot of people around blogland have been having some pretty tough things going on lately. some , not so cut and dry. it seems though, that now, many are coming to a head , and are on the way down. going up-- and not seeing the other side seemed to be the hardest for everybody.

anyhow... a lot of my own worries, and fears have been quieted some this passed few days. funny how long it took to get to such a point in my life, and how quickly to find answers to at least a starting point of beginning to change where i am.

part of that change?
(you know the first was going to arkansas)
then...yesterday----i did something a bit out of character for me. although it had been planned for a little while , part of me didn't really expect that it would pan out--- but it did.
and the funny thing about that, was she felt that it may not work out either.. so we marked our calanders, and it was a wait and see type thing. so anyhow, "JLEE" and I met for lunch. and we had a really good time. my biggest fear-- was to be too shy and unable to talk.. which happens a lot-- because i am usually not a talker. we have met in person before, but that was several months ago..like last summer-- when she gave me tickets to stevie nicks and we sat together at that concert-- but of course, we couldn't really talk over the noise there. but that was still a good time.
i also thought that because of what jamie and her family were dealing with yesterday might cause me to be unapproachable, or, that my "look" or attitude, be misread, as negative towards her. but we had no trouble at all finding things to talk about, and we both had a good time. and to be honest-- it was good for me, to not sit home alone and worry about what was happening in jamies day all day long. although , y'all know i was worried anyhow. (and if you haven't read over there.. her daughter made it through ok, and is fine.... as she can be).
JLEE and i actually came to realize that we have a lot more commonalities than we had realized before while just commenting online. and we plan to "do lunch" more often. we think it will be a good thing. we don't live all that far from each other, and really, it's silly not to spend some time together now and then. --- as long as i don't have to drive to dallas ! :)) we all know what a disaster that can be!

so. now what? not much for now i guess.
except that if my sister doesn't STOP telling me to get another dog i'm gonna drive out there and beat her up. :)) i do NOT want another dog. at all.

and i suppose that is about enough out of me for now.
today is yet another catch up day for me. i have let things go here again. the place is a mess. and we are out of everything again. i haven't been to the post office in days. and i can't remember which bills are due-- again. so, yep-- it'll be one of those kinda days. plus a cold one. well.. cold to ME. no 82 here today.

y'all stay warm.. and find something that makes you smile-- one of those heart smile kinda smiles. perhaps a "soul-smile"?

22 comments:

Mary said...

Good for you, Soul. Glad to see you're getting out and seeing people. It makes me happy.

josie2shoes said...

It is so good to hear you sounding a little better again Soul Sis. I know this has been a rough road for you to walk too. I hear you about the dog, you alone will know when and if the time is right for a new pup in your life. People mean well, but it is a matter of the heart. Three cheers to you for making that lunch date with JLEE, that's a big step for you and I'm just delighted that it turned out fun. Life is about changes, and about facing some of those deep fears in baby steps. I'm doing it, you're doing it, and life can only get better. Like you, I'll be damn happy when it warms up down here, but I sure am glad we aren't dealing with Jamie's snowy roads! I don't miss that stuff one bit. You take care, cross a couple things off your to-do list today, and know that you are loved.

JLee said...

It was really good for me to get out and have lunch too! It was fun and good for the soul, so to speak. It made me realize how much we need each other whether online or in person. Have a happy hump day and I hope Jamie and her family are doing well :)

Jamie said...

I am so happy that you went - I think it's just awesome! I have not read her page for awhile, but I need to get back to it. She is a beautiful girl - and seems to be so sweet, too.

I want you to have a great day today. Me, I'm just worn out, but at work. The roads SUCK---just so ya know....

xo

:)

The Real Mother Hen said...

I'll nuke your sister for you.
Too violent?
Ok give her my number, tell her I run a puppy mill, and I'll chew her ear off for ya.

SOUL said...

motha! how bout i give you her address... and you can do whatever you want to with her!!!
chopstix?
LOL
just kiddin.

you sound good tho-- i can always tell when you are havin a good day-- it's the bad days when you don't wanna nuke or kick someones ass...
just the opposite here!

have a great day...

and i forgot-- i don't have a passport-- so i can't go with you
:((

SOUL said...

jamie-- i know--- sorry it seems that you could at least get a little sunshine out there huh? dammit.
maybe we could get motha over there to nuke the damn snow for ya???
and perhaps anything else that gets in your way?

jlee shut her blog down btw-- so no need to go right now-- that is why her link isn't here.. i'll be workin on that though-- just not right now. gimmee time.. i'll git er dun. :)) maybe.

i know yesterday was probably .. well, surely, the worst day of your life-- but ya know-- there were angels present, and i'm glad you all felt them there.

i hope they hang around a while.

oxox (they'd be real if i could reach you , ya know)

SOUL said...

i guess i could just ditto that jlee--
and jamies link is everyone thinks i can fix it, if ya wanna check in on her/them.

ovah there --->


laterz ..
ps... tell BG-- to let me in :))

SOUL said...

hi joz...
good to see ya here--
you are sounding so good lately-- like a whole new you--- i'm lovin it.
i bet if you put up a new pic it wouldn't even look like you.

and yup
"damn happy"
sounds about right... i want summer!

happy humpay soul sis...

SOUL said...

mary--
hello---
isn't it just weird?
she's like what--the second real live person i've talked to in a year.
it's almost just like one of those crazy scary old ladies in one of those kid movies.
haha. ok that made me laugh.
i don't know why---too visual maybe.
i guess it's just a good think i don't live alone with the cats. and my sushi with issues.
i swear this dog really has some sort of diagnosis. but she is just so darn lovable. that is a good thing tho. otherwise-- she'd be in big trouble.

ok.. i gotta go run my errands.
or , well try to-- i do wonder how much i will actually accomplish.
i expect- not much. cuz i am already hungry and tired.

hmmm... well.

have a good day

The Real Mother Hen said...

Actually I sound good only when I'm having a bad day. Right now I'm swimming, looks calm & graceful on the surface but my legs are kicking like mad to stay afloat!

And when I finally get to the shore, I vomit blood then take a free ride to the space!

I may just blow myself up - it gets me to the space faster I think!

Ohhhh... shit, gotta get back to work now! ARRRRHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Golden To Silver Val said...

You sound so much better...much more like yourself. I think your outings have done you a world of good. Just remember you have many who care about you and care what happens to you. So..have a great day...at least you don't have to shovel snow. arghhhhh

Jessica said...

Lunch with you and JLEE sounds like a good time. Wish I was there! :)

You know, you're right, things really are coming to a head for a lot of us in blogland right now. I'd like to think better days are ahead for us.

And your sister??? Tell her to get the hell up out of your Kool-Aid. :)

SOUL said...

jess...

are you celebratin yet???
you are down to HOURS!!!
i know you know that tho. have you counted to minutes yet? i just know how much you hate that thing. must be weird to be a stranger to your own neck.
soon you'll have a nekkid neck. (i can't beleive you said nekkid neck .. i said that to jamie ya know)

anyhow-- get the hell up outta my kool aid...
that i will admit, is one i have never heard.. but i just may steal it for future use-- i kinda like it.

oh, and yep--- it woulda been kool to have you along with us at lunch---anytime ya wanna head this way-- come on! it's pushin 50 today..that is heat stroke weather to you!

SOUL said...

charlotte-
it's a real good thing i'm NOT shoveling snow-- cuz i'd be smackin someone in the head with the shovel while i was at it!
:))
you aren't shovelin snow are ya?
if so.. i feel for ya..
icky.

SOUL said...

motha--you poor thing..
want me to send booze?
food? men?
need me to kick anyone's ass..
nah, seems you do ok in that department.
hope things work out for ya.
when's your trip? i forgot. :((

hope your day gets better..

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I'm very happy for the both of you!!! Very very happy!!
sincerely,
Elizabeth
for a second I thought I had read, JYANKEE, and I thought, hmmm, Jyankee likes STevie Nicks? COOL! :)

Happy humpday.
grrrrrrrrr.
crusty is crabby.

SOUL said...

crusty---
jyankeee... lives in japan.. that would be quite the little jaunt for lunch wouldn't it?? i would get lost for sure!
:))
why crabby crustee??

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I know! That's why I was so surprised, thinking, hmmm...Soul's travelin' to Japan?OR JYanke's in Texas?...

lots a reasons..but all will be okay...
s
.....
o

.

. .....
o

n

. ....

mwah,
me

SOUL said...

hope you get un-crabby soon--- is it the snow??
hit someone with your shovel... that might help.

tweet--
i got coffay-- c'mon ovah-- friday's gonna be warm here!

Rebecca said...

Hey, lady. glad you got out and met another blog buddy in person. That's great!! I slept my way thought hump day. took the day off because I wasn't feeling up to snuff, and just slept.

xo
r.

Portia said...

Awesome:) Austere left me a link, through which I found a page of quotes, and this was one of them-

"Courage does not mean lack of fear, for only the foolish are fearless; it means doing things in spite of your fear. Confront those fears, take risks for what you believe, for it is only then you will find what you are capable of; you will discover that if your intentions are good, the worst your opponents can do to you is really not that bad. Go out and make a difference in this world." Kofi Annan, Secretary General, United Nations


Not that you have opponents in battle or anything...but it is a powerful feeling to confront a fear and come out smiling isn't it:)