Tuesday, February 12, 2008

time, thunder and teeth oh my

well hell.

i don't know a thing about numerology-- and even if i did , i most likely wouldn't believe it, but the number 333 has been a significant number for some odd reason for like the last couple of years or so. and just in case i didn't get in here to post before the clock rolled over to the next minute-- it was 333 a.m. hmmmm.
it's not just a time with that number-- it has been hwy numbers, mileage on my car, gas prices, bank balances, bill amounts, all kinds of things. places you would not expect to see a number like that-- i have, and not only that, my sister has too. it just pops up. people even leave me comments here at 333. or i post at 333. a.m - or p.m it just happens, and turns up all the time. it's very strange.
as my mom was getting sicker a couple years ago, my sister and i would see this number everywhere-- we used to say-- "maybe that''s what time she will die".. it wasn't however. in fact, i don't remember what time that was-- just that it was dark. i'll never be able to forget that it was dark.

so anyhow-- not only did i wake up too early-- 3 a.m. --- i woke to a big thunderstorm.. the kind that would keep any sane person off of the computer-- but here i sit. i tried to go back to sleep, but it was another of those "sweaty" mornings. sometimes i wake up soaked-- and don't really know why. dr's can't tell me why-- so i have quit even worrying. but i do wonder. so as i laid there, cold, and listening to the thunder, my mind took off. when that happens--- i know it's all over with.
the wind is blowing like crazy too btw. i hear my chairs outside blowing over every now and then one will fall... i think there's one of four left to go. and the little whirly thing on top of the house is about to fly off i think. it's just whizzin around like crazy . i even hear wind in the chimney/fireplace.
i'm surprised it hasn't woken anyone up-- at least sushi-- it's just noisy. creepy. but , everyone's sleepin like a bunch of little babies. well, cept me.

anyhow-- not too sure about y'alls yesterdays yet-- i haven't really checked around since yesterday .
as for mine-- simple plans-- little accomplishment.

my main agenda held a few errands...
which i think i completed-- well... none.
i thought hubby had the day off-- but he had a odd shift again.. like 3-7 or something-- he ended up leaving around 12 or 1 ish and got home about 6.
we ended up going out to pay a bill-- and had lunch. (i'm still waiting for my breakfast out :))
by the time we got back it was time for him to get ready for work-- and my plan was to clean my kitchen and go back out for other errands--- but neither happened. i do know better than to eat a heavy lunch-- but i did it anyways. and i was ruined. eating too much for me, is like a normal person running five miles. it actually wears me out. so, i laid down with my book... i got it almost finished ... and fell asleep. ugh.
i woke up at like 4 .... my first thought of course is soulkid! she gets home around 340 ish. so i jump up all panicky-- not remembering if she was locked out or not-- or even home at all--cuz i didn't hear anything. but there she was-- on the computer -- big surprise there. not.
so- i ask her about her day etc.. get a drink.. begin to sit down.. when she says---
"hey mom, aren't we sposed to go to ortho today?" all nonchalantly . oh man. one thing i
have always hated is being late-- anywhere.
so here it is-- 420 already-- her appointment time.. and we are just leaving. we jump in the car-- i call ortho-- of course being late, got us pushed back like 45 minutes at the appointment. ugh. another thing i hate-- waiting. seems i'd be used to that by now-- but nope-- always waitin on someone -- or something. so anyhow-- all that crap , for what? it was THE shortest actual ortho appt she has EVER had-- BUT-- we sat in the damn waiting room for 45 minutes to get called back---- so they could LOOK IN HER MOUTH. that's it. they didn't even change the bands this time. nuthin.

know what they did do??? they told me on the way out-- oh by the way-- insurance has refused to pay their remaining balance of 369.00 AND you still have a balance of 115.00. (which BOTH i think are total bullshit. - but haven't had a chance to look into yet)-- but they said they won't take her braces off til the balance is paid! WTF! they shoulda had the damned things off her teeth six months ago any damn way. now they threaten to keep her in braces jail til i pay money that should already be paid.. wth do I have to do with what insurance said they would pay??? i don't know anything about that crap. as for what they say i owe? i am 99 percent sure i paid that. i had a payment book-- paid it all-- and never got another bill-- i would think that means i am paid to date. but hell-- i guess i don't know anything about that either. oh well. guess it's another "learning experience". i hate that phrase.

so anyhow-- yep. that was fun. not really. but it happens i guess.
then we get home.. what? 530 or so-- prolly later actualy, cuz soulkid talked me into stopping for MAKEUP. good lord. i have lived nearly 42 years without makeup-- (for the most part of course)-- seems this girl of mine needs something every week. then of course-- she gets A zit, and thinks she she needs some kind of dermatology test kit. ugh. and me? well, i'm just a sucker i spose--- cuz i'm just happy that she is into that kinda stuff. i guess. so we stop at the store--
maybe if i wasn't craving my damn peanut butter M-N-M's -- i coulda "just said no"
but i was gonna eat my way into a calmer mood. didn't really work though.
we got home, and i had to cook dinner right away. stew-- turned ok-- but of course the meat coulda been better. i like stew that cooks all day-- not in an hour or two. but ., it was alright. i've done better though.

so anyhow-- what now? the book. i did finally finish the damn book. usually if or when i read a book.. when i finish it-- i either say to myself ... damn that was good. or i wish i could write like that. or what a piece of shit. you get the drill. i have to critique it at least a little.
well, i finish this one, and i'm like--- OMG-- "critics raved"???? best memoir since tobias wolfs This Boys LIfe (which i loved!)--- that's why i bought it! they compared it to one of my all time favorite movies... but noooo. it was a piece a crap. if it woulda been a library book, and not one i actually paid 20 bucks for-- i bet money i wouldn't have even read the damn thing all the way through. but i kept "waitin for it to get better".
my final thought on THIS book?
OMG.. if this woman can write this book.. and even get OPRAH to back it--?????--- WTH????
i KNOW i could write my book. much better too.

that's what i went to sleep thinking about.. maybe i should get back on the book idea. i don't know the first thing about the first thing about writing a book. but i know i have one in me.. and i know it is much better than this one i just read-- and actually a few others i have read too.
as far as non-fiction goes-- or autobiography-- memoir type of stories--- well, people just don't have lives like me and my family.

y'all know i could never tell you what book i'm talkin about-- i'd get soo busted for "slander" or somethin for doggin it... even though i guess i should have a right to my opinion.. especially on literature -- wouldn't you think? but really.

what a bunch of crap. how hard is it really to write a book? is it really as hard as i let my own fear think it is?
and if i ever did write it--how would it end? how do you end a book without an an ending?
all the years i've thought about it-- i imagined it would end with some great personal healing, or spiritual awakening. neither of which i have arrived at yet.

it really sucks just how paralyzing (my) fear can be.

so anyhow-- i think my child has pink eye-- last night her whole eye was swollen and sore. so if nothing has changed there-- she will be going to the dr today-- school will send her right home if they think she has pink eye.

and aside from that being up in the air-- i have to play catchup today-- on lots of stuff.

i just found out my bro in law may be coming the end of march-- (we all know that's a great time of year for me)-- but i told hubby-- it just might be a good distraction, so tell him to come on. (because he was gonna tell him not to--yet.)
plus-- fishing is liable to be top notch around here about that time. he and i have had a long running fishing competition goin. up until his last visit i think i was ahead-- but some of you might remember-- he did pretty darn good out at lake fork. which is where we hope to go this time too. i think that is where MY ten pound bass lives :)) and i'll get him someday.

ok.. i have blabbed enough. about pretty much nuthin too.

hope you all have good days today...
mine will be busy-- and hopefully good too.

34 comments:

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

33 has always since I was a little girl and I "picked my parent's lotto winning 4number ticket, has been my lucky number, don't know why. But so far at the age of 33 it's been a good one. I wonder if today is the 33rd day of cold weather...you should google it.

HOpe your soultween's eye uncrusts soon enough, that's an awful feeling! Now you have to go on that washing everything in the house mission...the dreadful aftermath of something that contagious.
I'm itching in chicago.
Always,
Crusty~

Jamie said...

Good heavens-so many things in this post...like you I can't ever remember them all. But I do know that for me, all three numbers being the same-on the clock or otherwise, are good luck. Unless of course they are all sixes and then I don't like them, but that can't happen on the clock, at least not in my time zone. LOL

Orthodontists are a huge business aren't they? Amazing what straight teeth can cost. I hope you find that you don't owe as much as they say you do.

Pinkeye sucks, I've had it a time or two...and it's so contagious. Be careful, you don't need that along with everything else. And poor soul-daughter, it hurts. :(

I hope the BIL does come to visit you - it might make you get out and fish regularly - YOU CAN'T LET HIM BEAT YOU!

Have a good day today.

xo

:)

Cheryl said...

Hey...I was up at 3 AM too. Not by choice. For some reason I kept on waking up, and my teen was still awake. I don't know why she stayed up so late (election day here today and no school), and of course, in the middle of the night all the worries come out. So, I'm glad I'm off today too.

My daughter got her braces off about 4-6 weeks ago and guess what? She now has a lisp. She goes back to the ortho next week. Fortunately there's never a wait there.

Not much on the agenda here today besides voting.

See you a little later.

Karen said...

I hate the wind, it always makes me anxious and as for thunderstorms, I'm terrified of them. If I had been woken like that I would have been crabby and nervous all day.

Hope soulkids eye gets better soon. I've heard of pinkeye but have no idea what it is. Is it like conjunctivitis?

Bad luck about the ortho bill. I hope if you have paid it you can prove it. It would really suck to have to pay it twice.

Janelle said...

just a thought: make sure it's not the new make up that's making soulkid's eyes pink and swollen. i'm allergic to all kinds of stuff and have woken up many times looking like someone beat me with an ugly stick.

SOUL said...

hey crusty--
as for the number thing-- i think i'll leave it alone-- or maybe just go with the good luck theory-- if i dig any deeper, i may find somethin i don't wanna know. sometimes ignorance really is bliss.

well.. except when it comes to your childs EYE. i did get an appointment made tho-- so that much is good.

hope ya get un-itchy--

SOUL said...

jamie--- i knew you had a "good heavens" left in ya. :))

i don't like three 6's either-- but i'll take three 7's any day!!! and i bet you would too .

as for ortho-- apparently- we do have to pay that crap-- all of it. our insurance paid almost three grand just last year alone. :(( for what?? i have no idea-- cuz we gave this same doc a ton of money the year before we moved to NM.. then we paid out the nose there-- without ANY insurance-- then all this time here. WTH??? that's like a 10,000.00 mouth??? i am NOT looking forward to going over those records. i will have a myocardial infarction after i see the total amount that has been paid out to these people .. and they still want MORE! can we say PMS???

and yep they eye-- looks lovely i must say. good thing i kept her home. it's half closed and all swollen.
the weird thing-- the eyeball looks ok.. but the rest looks like she got-- well--- kinda like what LANSHARK said-- but i couldn't dare say THAT. :((
so i'm glad she did. :))

but really-- it does look like she got hit-- with somethin.

oh and NO NO NO -- BIL will NOT beat me. this time i'll be ON. last time we left soulkid at the condo alone and i just was worried etc.. this time i will make other arrangements, and i shall kick his "bass" :))

ok.. i spose i should move on.. damn puter was actin up til like just a while ago-- so now i will barely have time to run thru blogs before the dr.

so i shall catch you latah.

i hope you have a good good good GOD day :))

OX

SOUL said...

don't you hate it when they stay up all night-- then they take their crabbiness out on you-- like it's your fault they feel like crap???

my kid stays up too late all the time. i think she inherited my insomnia-- but it sure does no good for her mood. or mine.

what's with the lisp??? did her teeth shift?? i bet she just loves that. is she wearing her retainer? (ya right) :)) i hope they can fix it.

welp-- have fun voting-- and maybe you can take a nap later. have one for me too-- i don't think i will be getting one today.

SOUL said...

hi gypsy--
i HATE the wind too. i love a good thunderstorm though-- not cold rain.. but if it's warm , i'll get right out in it. love em. always have.

as for conjunctivitis-- when i first read that-- i didn't know wth you were talkin about-- then later-- i get the kid up to get ready-- and guess what???
SHE knows what it is! know why??? cuz one of her friends had it last year...
it just so happens to be a friend whos MAKEUP she used a couple days ago.
isn't that just freakin peachy????

LANDSHARK--- you win the prize O' the day!!!

and again, as for ortho-- i may be able to show i paid the 115 -- but the 369 or whatever looks like i will have the pleasure of paying. :((

hope you have a good nights sleep-- seein as that is most likely what you are doing right now.
latah

SOUL said...

LANDSHARK-- cruisin.. :))

i already said above-- you win the prize-- i don't think it's an allergy-- but i do think the culprit was friggin makeup! dammit. how many times do ya gotta tell a kid to NOT share makeup???

i bet you were told that .. did you listen?? :))
or did it take an "allergy " to convince you?

i'm just playin...

i really hope you have a better day today.. a LOT better day.

oh btw-- my parents both said "ugly stick" all the time! not many people say that. :))

Mary said...

I don't even like to think about orthodontists! One son needed braces and it was horrible. The other son had perfect teeth and it's a good thing.

Sharing makeup is risky. If Soulkid has been doing that it's probably the problem. Maybe she'll be miserable enough to learn and remember a lesson. Not that I rally want her to be misserable from pain but a little embarassment might be a good thing.

I don't like the wind but thunderstorms and kind of - well - cuddly. As long as they aren't really threatening. Wierd? Well, that's me.

Maybe both you and Soulkid can have a nap today. It would be a good thing for you both.

I ain't checkin' spelling!

Portia said...

I for one can't wait to read your book. Just start writing it and don't stop. It will be completely different when you're done than when you started and by then, you will know how it ends:) I hope yer havin a greatASTIC day! And you get some good rest.
:)

Rebecca said...

Man, you are the second person today to tell me they were up at 3ish. Night sweats would definitely do it (peri-menopausal?) Don't know what his excuse was...he's our age too! I was up at 5 for yoga again. Very sleepy now! But another hour and 40 minutes, I can leave this place, and go home!!

Hope your tuesday was terrific after the storm. And sorry about the orthodontist. I think there is a special place in hell for those guys (says the girl who suffered the tin grin look MANY years ago).

SOUL said...

hey P---

would you really read my book?
you make it sound so easy. but you're right.. i should just at least TRY to write it. i have a couple times.. started it. once the computer ate it-- the second time it just didn't come together-- at all, so i quit real early on.
sooooo... anyhow.

i did take a nap earlier today. i'm so exciting.

hope you had a fabulatastic day yerself!
nanananan

SOUL said...

ahhh mary-- i almost missed ya--

i never even wanna hear the word ortho again after this nightmare.... it started bad and it's ending bad... i guess i'm just glad it's not my mouth. she had NINE teeth pulled in one day just so she could get the stupid things on to begin with. just thinkin of that hurts me.

as for the make up- and eye thing--
it's an allergy thing
"allergic conjuctivitis"
or whatever--
anyhow-- soulkid got the lecture all day anyhow-- and i think she has learned her lesson anyhow.. infection, allergy, no matter-- she won't be sharing make up anymore. she isn't liking this at all. and already said she won't be likin the no make up thing for the rest of the week at school. hahaha

i'm so mean.

hope your day is good.

SOUL said...

LOL @ the special place in hell for orthodontist Rebecca !!!!
that is funny!

hope you get some sleep
sounds like the whole world needs a nap today!

JLee said...

That is interesting about the number. Mine is 5, but I know someone who loves 3s.
I woke up all night long from those damn storms!!

ps
My blog is back! :)

SOUL said...

jlee
that was a pretty vicious storm huh? did it wake up anyone besides you?

i'm glad you brought your blog back!

c ya soon..

Blur Ting said...

WOw, I wish I can write like you. You must be hammering away at the computer and tada! you have a long post. It's more tedious for me. I think about what to blog about while driving to work, then i read everyone's blog and then get started on mine. it's a long process..no wonder YK exclaims "You take too long to write a post!"

You should write a book. It will be easy for you to do that!

Mary said...

NEWS FLASH FOR SOUL!NEWS FLASH FOR SOUL!! MESSAGE FROM HARRY.

We got our utility bill today. It is for $333.00.

The Real Mother Hen said...

Ok I'm going to bet 33 in the next powerball :)

What a day!
There is some real shit going on with the dentist. I just don't know why it cost so much!

Arh! So you got the stupid heating bills, and now these big dentist bills? Man life is really a bitch isn't it?!

JLee said...

yeah, Cass crawled into bed with me! lol
I'm so sleepy right now...
zzzzzzzzzzzzz

JLee said...

oh yeah. My blog had 333 posts when I deleted it before...

Summer said...

For me it's 444.

Anonymous said...

gs

as usual, jumping in late here..i'd definitely read your book. however, i read your post while at work and had trouble remembering everything you said..so i had to wait till i got back home to comment..cuz i had to re-read it! well..i guess it's just an excuse... ha...sorry bout the pink eye...no fun... and ortho..yeah...they make a living thru wiring people's teeth dont they....

Jessica said...

333 huh? Stuff like that is so interesting to me. It makes me wonder why. It makes me feel like there is a bit of magic in the world, ya know?

I do think you should pursue your writing. Work on your book. Take a class on writing a book then use your talent to bring it to fruition. I'd read it!!

SOUL said...

hiya blur---
i apparently do "hammer away" at the keyboard.
hubby and soulkid are always nagging me about hittin the keys to loud.
is it my energy? or am i just deaf and can't hear? hmmm?

anyways-- you write good posts all the time-- you just write more in a condensed version. :))

ya-- we'll see , about the book thing. i will have to think about it some more. alot more.

have a good day

SOUL said...

mary--
wanna trade bills?????
:))


MOTHA---- i think i forgot to pay that damn electric bill!!! along with a couple others. CRAP!

and yep-- life can be a bitch-- i was even second guessing my new car yesterday. i think i made a mistake in buying that damn thing. ugh.
i shoulda just bought a old car-- or fixed the one i had.
instead, i just keep diggin my financial grave. (TEAR)

have a good day :))

SOUL said...

i thought she might have-- mine did at about that age-- she doesn't wake up as easily anymore.

hope you slept better?

weird about the 333-- i bet you notice it all the time now-- lemmee know. :))

btw.. wth is UP in dallas this morning-- fires, murders hmmm???

what a day..

hope you ahve a good one!

SOUL said...

summah--
444 is another one i notice a lot-- weird eh?

maybe i will look into this number stuff.. or not. :))

hope you have a good day today--

SOUL said...

hey GS--
thought you forgot about me-- :((
but that's ok.. i didn't make it everywhere yesterday either. what a weird day. not weird like the other day-- just kinda weird.
anyhow .. i'll be over in a while to see you.

yep-- ortho-- what a business ... weird thing-- somehow it works-- but really--i think they have found a way to get a lot more money than required out of people. :((
latahs

SOUL said...

heya jess..
ya i hear ya bout the number thing.. still a bit shaky on researching it too much-- but i may get there.

and yep-- i took some classes a few years ago-- would definitely need more to get a jumpstart on the book thing.
i don't know.
i'm the type of person that i will let fear keep me stagnent forever-- but if i just get started -- things seem to happen..
except the book.. i have been quite unsuccessful with that whole thing.
course-- i haven't attempted to even touch it in years. so i have no idea.
"i'm sooo confused"
:))

hope you a day, even better than yesterday !!

EE said...

"Braces jail"...LOL!
I've never heard of the dermatology test kit. I do get lots of zits, so I guess I'd better check it out!
I think you should write the book.
I'd pay $20 for it:)

EE said...

Oh yeah, be glad that you aren't paying for 3 sets of braces...IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!