Monday, February 11, 2008

monday again - i know that excites you all


once again i got nuthin.
i think i burnt myself out just answering comments below.

i did realize though, that part of yesterdays oddness.. was that i had posted that i woke up at five a.m.-- but when i made a second trip around thru some blogs-- i noticed i posted on one page at like 4:01 a.m. i was really quite out of it. even more than i thought.
apparently though, it got better throughout the day. i have no clue why i felt the way i did, but it seemed that several others had the same "off" feeling early in the morning. i do wonder what that was all about. or if there was any kind of "connection" , ya know. i don't usually believe in that supernatural hoopla--- but really , there have been times that i have felt the need to call or check on someone.. and it turned out that something was going on with them. that is really strange, i think. but so far-- i haven't heard that anyone who admitted to having "that feeling" yesterday.. had anything really significant happen. yet.

anyways. i don't have anything great to report here. any updates on the mall hell journey are in the below comments-- as are the soul-hub tourney results.

and other than those two events of the day-- nothing else happened here in soul land yesterday.

i am almost finished with my book. i would have finished it.. but didn't devote as much time as i would have like to to it. i have about two hours left on it.
gotta admit-- it keeps your attention-- most of the time-- but i don't think i would recommend it. (way too "floaty") know what i mean? one of those ones that talks in one year-- then in the next paragraph your twenty years ahead-- then back to where you were in a few minutes. my attention span has a tough time with books like that.
but anyhow-- i'll be done with it today.
and yes-- i'm sure you noticed-- i didn't exaggerate when i said i was a slow reader. :((
most people i know can read an entire book in one afternoon. i think i may have done that once-- or twice. in my whole life. flowers in the attic by VC andrews was one of em.

ok.. guess i'm done for now.

21 comments:

Cheryl said...

Mondays do excite me. I'm off and my daughter is in school. I know you can relate to that! So, what will your day hold? I'll stay tuned.

SOUL said...

so far-- all i am sure of--
1- i need to clean my kitchen :)) -- i'm sure you kinda knew that already
2- yep, soulkid has school :))
3- hubby is off work--- sooo-- i dunno there.
4- finish my book
5- ortho at 420

other than that---a seat of the pants kinda day.

and yours???

hope it's a good, warm, quiet one for you

Rebecca said...

Good morning, Soul. I'm sitting here in my office, grateful for an indoor job (12 degrees with an ungodly wind chill today...yep still winter). Son is in school, husband footloose and fancy free. Hmmm. I was thinking of meeting my buddy for lunch, but it would be one long cold walk! Hope your Monday is a good one.

r.

Karen said...

Hi Soul, It's 1.00am and I am about to hit the sack. Just visited over at Jamie's and my heart is just breaking for her at the moment. I wish we could all get together and do something nice for her.

I LOVED Flowers in the Attic and all the ones that followed. That was a series of books that I read night and day, every chance I got, and just couldn't put them down.

Have a great day whatever you decide to do.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Have a better Monday then last week.
E

SOUL said...

hey R--
cold cold cold!!!
y'all are killin me-- and of course makin me feel like the crybaby that i am! :))
all this below zero and under 15 ugh. it kills me to even think about it.
i would feel punished by GOD... if i had to live like that. BURRR.
but anyhow-- DO go to lunch with your buddy-- i think it will do ya good-- and i KNOW you can handle a brisk walk in the cold-- you've done it before--- you'll be glad you did.
lemme know.. just stay away from that greek thing :))
and have a happy day-
ps- glad to hear hubby is better!

Jessica said...

I hope you have a great Monday Soul! This is my last day at home before returning to work tomorrow. So I guess I'll have two Mondays this week. Doesn't seem fair....

SOUL said...

you do stay up late gypsy--
it's rare i'm up that late-- but even if i do make it that far-- i'm still an early bird .

i know whatcha mean-- it would be nice if we could rally together and do something to make it better , or at least lighter out jamies way. it is tough to have to watch someone ya care so much about go through so much pain. but that's the thing. there's no way to get around it. she and they-- will have to go THROUGH it-- and they will.

( sorry , we're talkin about ya jamie - we love you-ox)

i too--- read all the flowers series-- loved them all. very addicting books. that was when i was young and could see and focus . :))

sleep well gypsy girl.

SOUL said...

i'm gonna try crusty-- you have a good one too-

SOUL said...

hey jess--
nope that's not fair-- but today could just be another sunday for you... right? then you'll have just one monday-- or maybe TWO fridays? even bettah!

is tomorrow an inside job.. or on the playground? if it's outside-- perhaps you oughtta go outside every once in a while today and re-climatize yourself.
OMG that scares me!!!!

enjoy your last day off-- and your first day back to work too-- i bet you have been missed like crazy!

Mary said...

I agree that yesterday morning was strange. Somthing seemed to be out of place - I guess I was just having an off day.

There was a really strange moment when I picked up the phone to call the youngest son and the phone rang while I was holding it. It was youngest son calling me to let me know that he's coming down with the current crud that's making the rounds.

Find something fun to do during your "seat of the pants kinda day." My fun will have to be making more decisions about which change to make in this house - master bath, kitchen, screen porch - I need a nap!

SOUL said...

mary---
i vote for the scren porch!!!!
and vitamin C!
happy monday!

Portia said...

I hope today is a bit more on track for ya!
nananananananananananana...:)~

The Real Mother Hen said...

How good my whole week goes, depends on how much work I have on Monday. And right now, the indicator has just dropped to -100 and me having a bitter-gourd face!

Oh well...

Cheryl said...

My day so far? Panera's, Mom's, Homegoods and Safeway, and here, on the computer. Oh, and Starbucks. I'm filled up on caffeine. And Em's at a friend's. I planned on practicing Wii. I think I will do that next. I don't want to be embarrassing in front of my daughter, you know?

SOUL said...

hiya P--
nope- i derailed-- :(
but i'm back on track now--
how was your day?
GREAT- i hope :))

SOUL said...

motha--
a bitter gourd face cannot be good?
feel better now?
i hope so--

have a good night-

SOUL said...

hey cheryl-- sounds like a busy-- but perfect day--again.. hope it was/is...

i have yet to even try to play a Wii... did you play?

don't you know that it is our JOB to embarrass our daughters?? it's the most fun i have in life! :))

see ya later-- hope you have a good night--
what game do you play?

Golden To Silver Val said...

Happy Monday Soul! I just got home from work a little bit ago...changed into warm jammies and have had half a pot of coffee already....YUM. I grind the beans here so its nice and fresh. I deserve it...its 7 outside! Today was a day of bitching at work...so many people are furious because the recycle truck hasn't shown up...forget that their road is nothing but a sheet of ice...so they call and threaten to sue the township. Then I had to label, fold letters and stuff 375 envelopes for another dept. Oh what a day!! This mama is plumb tuckered out.

Anonymous said...

Happy Monday end! Our Monday was a national holiday again... Constitution day or some other crap like that..but at least it's not like "ocean day" or "coming of age" day...even more BS....LOL So..how did it go?

EE said...

Flowers in the Attic...haven't thought about that book in ages!
I may have to check that one out again...or maybe just watch the movie:)