Friday, February 22, 2008

holy hell....


i sure hope y'all had better nights last night than i did.
i really don't think this is bronchitis... it gradually got worse last night--- if i was the doctah i claim to be :)) -- i would say i have the friggin FLU! (maybe WITH bronchitis?)

i get bronchitis maybe once a year-- never have i puked-- or had the body aches, and headaches that this has brought with it. i couldn't sleep last night almost all.. i got "sick" like half an hour after i took my sleep meds.... which meant-- even though it crossed my mind that i "lost them"... it also crossed my mind-- that if i didn't-- taking more could mean an overdose. so, i didn't, and i did fall asleep--- later than normal... then woke up about every forty five minutes throughout the rest of the short night.

my recommendation to y'all? not that ya asked, but .. i haven't had a flu shot-- feeling immune to the flu-- since i was like ten. or maybe i had to get em in the navy-- i'm not sure. anyhow-- i have never "willingly" gone and had a flu shot .... now i wish i would have. perhaps you should?

i am in hell. and i obviously laid on my back way too much yesterday-- from about 3pm.. til maybe 430 am this morning. not good for the ole bones.

so--- ? have ya heard enough whining yet?

i'm such a crybaby. damn. but well, this is where i dump my crybaby attacks..and y'all are the "lucky" ones who get to read about them.

ok-- anyhow-- today is FRIDAY--- for those who care.
i hope y'all make it a good one...

i will be cleaning my three day old kitchen :(( it's do or die, as far as that goes.
other than that-- if i don't pass out first--- i will planting myself-- upright-- once again in my chair all day.

stay well--and have happy days in your worlds today!

14 comments:

Karen said...

Dearest Soul, It sounds like you should be tucked up in bed with maybe a hot toddy for company. Don't worry about getting round to blogs when you feel so poorly. Just stay nice and warm, sleep, read and whatever you do, DON'T get up and do those dishes.

Anonymous said...

i dont think you should blog lurk or even BOTHER with your kitchen today... just sit in that nice comfy tv chair or lay down...whatever makes you feel better... i like that pic...i think i used that before..LOL just saying..feel better soon!

Angie Weid said...

I agree with gypsy and jyankee. Find a comfy, cozy spot and rest.
We'll be here when you feel better.

Rebecca said...

Sorry to hear you are still feeling crappy! But don't rush out for that flu shot just yet...It is only about 40% effective this year. Dishes are what Soul Kid is for...just ask Christopher :) Find a nice blanket, a piece of couch and feel better.

Smocha said...

robitussin dm and nyquil baby!

(not at the same time)

nothing else worked for me . AND make yourself a wedge of pillows at night. so you're not laying flat. "think hospital bed"


funny how we thought we were immune to the flu. Who the hell do we think we are?

make soul kid do your chores:))
love me

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

don't do anything but snuggle and buggle under the covers, but do not strangle yourself with cords.

YOu sound like you have an awful bug,..please rest...that's it!
And get some jewish penicillan in you..that always helps, well, that and garlic..seriously it does!

GET WELL SOON!!
Luv,
Elizabeth

Fleur de Bee said...

Hi Soul! I have had the flu that turned into bronchitis, I totally know how you feel and it is death! I wish you well.....hope you are on some miracle drug. NOTHING worked for me so I tried that echinacea and it was the only thing that helped. I did the liquid version (YUCK!) in OJ and pounded the puppy! I got better wtihin 2 days and it was off the antibiotic. They did nothing for me I was so ill! I was ready to try remedies drawn up from the Crusades if need be! Good luck and feel better!

Go read SadieLady's blog....it will cheer you up LOL!

xx-Molly

Fleur de Bee said...

Oh btw...the only time I ever got a flu shot was the actual time I got bronchitis so I never get them and I am great! but that is just my two cents :)

Mary said...

You've had lots of good advice already. I hate that you're sick. I know you'd like to strangle the visiting kid who spread germs all over your house. Don't worry about the kitchen. Rest as much as you can.

Jamie said...

The HELL with the dishes, i say! Don't worry, they will wait for you, or have soul kid do them...

Get Better!


xo

:)

Anonymous said...

the flu is really going around here. you probably do have it. Proven fact, chicken soup IS good for you! auntie j

The Real Mother Hen said...

Well, if it helps, flu shot doesn't work.
After a dozen times of me laying lifeless on the bed, I finally realize that if you let your body fight the flu naturally, you will really get stronger.

Awwww... I feel really sorry that you're sick, take care of yourself Soul.

Cheryl said...

I'm with the others. Let yourself be lazy and just chill so you can get better. OK?

Summer said...

Take care of you today.