Saturday, February 23, 2008

E-mer-gen-cy 9-1-1

morning folks-- happy satahday to ya!

wanna hear about my friday? perhaps also the reason why y'all didn't see me around too much?

well, ya know, i'll tell you anyhow-- but it wasn't a good day here-- i can tell you that much right off. i do hope things were better in your worlds!

y'all already noticed prolly that i didn't do much cruisin yesterday-- or commenting. it wasn't cuz i didn't want to-- y'all know i always want to check in on you , even if i don't say anything here, i usually try to say something on y'alls pages.
but , let's just say yesterday was not good here in Soulland. .

most of you know i've been sick this week... but yesterday-- was the worst sick day of all for me .
i would say-- it was the worst medical day in my life . and i have had a lot of medical days--and issues--as most of you know by now.

anyhow-- it started sickly-- puking etc. the day before i puked a lot too. the flu, i spose. unable to keep even liquid down. not to mention the bronchitis i've been trying to fight off as well. so, i spent the day-- trying to recover---med up-- and sleep.. cuz i hardly slept the night before at all.
nothing helped. i felt like hell all day.

soulman worked of course--soulkid went to school of course-- as their days ended, the kid called to go after school to stay the night with a friend-- i was glad later-- that i let her go.

the rest is a blur for the most part-- because i can still barely remember soulman even coming home. my memory of some things is better now than last night-- but still patchy, at best.

so-- what i do remember???
i vaguely remember that we had started to watch american idol that we recorded the night before--- (it took hours, before any of these memories came-- and they are still very fuzzy)
after that?
i was in my chair-- and didn't know where i was -- or what the hell just happened-- only that something happened... something BIG. and scary. i opened my eyes.. to a room full of EMT's -- and a very scared husband! they were calling my name over and over-- i couldn't really focus-- mentally or visual at the moment-- not until--
i heard this:

"brenda-- you had a seizure!"

that was when i think i finally opened my eyes... i saw all these people .. maybe four to six of them. and hubby. he looked white as a sheet, and on the verge of tears.
i kept hearing, you had a seizure , do you know where you are? do you know what happened?
those kinds of things. at the moment--- i knew NOTHING. i barely even know if i knew where i was.. i do know i knew hubby-- and i knew something happened.

as they got me a bit more coherent -and able to stand--- i guess-- cuz the next thing i remember -- i was in the ambulance!!! i have been in an ambulance one time in my life-- i was 15 and a whole different story---
so needles to say-- i was pretty scared.. and extremely confused. i was also puking-- mostly dry heaves--they asked me my birthday-- i didn't know it-- my age-- nope. after a couple minutes-- i saw soulmans big ole bubba mobile thru the back window of the ambulance-- i think that was when i kinda started bringing a little together-- nothing of the "event", but like who i was, my age-- but i was off at first-- by a year-- but was able to correct it.

anything before that was told to me-- by soulman.. he has his own story to tell, maybe i will have him put a post up here later with more detail. i only know he had never seen anything like it--especially from me. i had never gone into convulsions before in my life, and apparently-- this was a pretty intense one. especially for his first to have to be a part of.
he also knows that my own brother died an epileptic, in convulsions... and aside from that--- his brothers ex "wife" , died from aspirating vomit, in a drug overdose-- and a friend of his other brother-- his wife also died within 2 years of that ..-- same prob-- but no drugs involved-- it happened while she was sleeping. very very freakin weird. i could have been the third woman in or close to one family-- his family-- do have that problem, and that was his biggest fear. in fact there was one point he said i stopped breathing and went limp-- he literally thought i had died in his arms.

anyhow-- this was the first time i have ever had a seizure---convulsions anyhow-- i have suspected that i had had "small" seizures (petimals).. but was never sure.

we spent most the eve and night at ER--- they stuck needles in every possible vein in both my arms.. ekg.. head scan.... x-rays... you name it they did it-- i got the FULL workup.

i'm not looking forward to this bill. :((
but i must say-- i am very happy to have not been home alone. hubby pulled through like a champ-- and did everything right-- even though he wasn't sure what to do-- and it was very hard for him.

anyhow-- they finally let us leave-- with rx for nausea.. (and a different anti-biotic (because that was the only thing we could guess may be a part of this-- the only new med i'm on???)
but of course they would NOT rx for the excruciating headache and neck and shoulder muscle pain... ugh -- terribly pain. i wretched every possible muscle i could have in my neck etc.
i ended up vomiting, even more--2 more times after we got home-- but finally was able to keep the meds down..and sleep-- some very needed sleep. and poor hubby he was sooo freakin exhausted.. but wouldn't let me out of his sight-- and in fact-- insisted that i wake him-- no matter how early this morning. i'm happy i slept til 6 today, not the usual 4 ish.

anyhow-- i woke to a terrible headache, and my neck, shoulders, arms, are very very sore. other than that-- i feel ok. still sick with the flu-- runnin a lowgrade fever-- i guess-- close to 100. anyhow-- all that is easily remedied.

so anyhow-- if you don't see much of me today-- i'm recovering. or sleeping. i have a feeling both of us will be having a nap later.


i gotta go---- will catch ya later

23 comments:

JLee said...

OH MY GOD, Soul!!! My heart is just pounding reading this and I'm about to cry! I'm so sorry you went through this and your poor husband too. I'll bet he was freaking out, for sure. Please get some rest and feel better, girl. xo

Angie Weid said...

OH MY! Soul, please take care. Thankfully your hubby was there to help out. You both need some R&R after that experience.
Hang in there baby!!

Smocha said...

Ditto what they said! I am shaking after reading it.

Good Lord, can you imagine if just you and soulkid had been home. I bet she would have totally freaked.
God "I" probably would have too.

As you well know, that's some scary shit to witness. Used to be one of the recurring nightmares for decades.

I hope you will be getting some answers about what caused that to happen.

Do have Soulman write a guest post.
I wan to hear his version of "she chok-ey" LOL

Thank god you are OK.

Don't be taking too many pills or skipping meals. Take care of you , you're the only one there is.

You know I had to throw a lecture in there.

cuz, I love you :)
Me

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

OH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I am so glad that you're alright! How, or what can we do, if anything?

Please please please rest, and be well, and be safe, and I am keeping you VERY VERY Close in my thoughts.
I'm so glad you're okay.
So very very glad!
Please rest and take care of yourself, please!
Thank you SOulman for being there for her, you're a good soul that's for sure!!
You are being thought of from everyone in the Crustyfamily!

Please get well soon!!

Love,
Elizabeth
I'm so glad things weren't worse..so glad!

Anonymous said...

I know how your hubby feels.... 2 far apart times Valerie took too much pain pills and had a seizure. Once when she was at the dentist! They called an ambulance and then me. That time it was so bad they had to put on life support and was in intensive care for a week! Keep me posted! Boy, glad kid was gone! auntie j

Janelle said...

take it easy today and get some rest. i'm happy your hubby was there to help out. get to feeling better and keep us posted.

Jamie said...

I was so distressed when you told me about this...

It's just another health worry that you DON'T need. I know the feeling of not being able to trust your own body - and also not being able to believe that something like this could happen. Hopefully, it was due to medications and being sick with the flu, and you won't ever have to go through it again. That is what I'm praying for. It will be okay, though, whatever has caused it. I will be happy to know what the neurologist has to say about it.

In the meantime, take extra-extra good care of yourself, and let soulman pamper you a little, k?

xo

:)

Rebecca said...

Jesum Crow!! I am so glad you are ok. That had to have been such a scary experience for you and Soul Man. And, yes, thank GOD that Soul Kid was out.

Did they run tests that would tell you whether you'd be prone to another attack? You need me to come down there and kick the medical establishment's butt?? I'm really good at that, just ask Brian.

Take really good care of yourself. You are in my thoughts and prayers, as is Soul man and kid.

xoxo
r.

Golden To Silver Val said...

OMG...how scary! I'm so glad that you weren't alone when this happened. I certainly hope you never have to experience something like that again. I hope you keep at the medical people to find out WHY this happened. I'm so glad you're feeling better now...keep us posted. If I could get there, I would come clean your kitchen right up for you. Big hugs and one to Soul-man too. A seizure is big-time scary to observe. Take care - Charlotte

Karen said...

I was reading this clutching my chest in fear with my mouth hanging open in shock. Good grief Soul, are you going to be ok? Thank goodness Soulman was there, the poor guy must have been beside himself with fear. I'm even more glad that Soulkid wasn't there.

I hope the two of you get some nice sleep after your frightening ordeal and that you get some answers in the coming days as to why it happened. Like Jamie said, hopefully it was just the meds and it will never happen again.

Get well, you funny old Soul. It just isn't the same without you around spreading your own unique brand of cheer.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Dear Soul, please rest up!
Please take care of you.
And I'll do all the work until you're better.
Damn, I can't stop thinking about you and what you had to go thru!
I'm glad that Soulhub was there, and I hope he's holding up okay, I can't imagine on either side.

Rest well and be well!
Love ya,
Elizabeth

Summer said...

My poor soul girl. I hope you're doing ok tonight. How awful for you and your DH and soul kid. Please get some rest and don't worry about us. We'll be hanging around when you get to be 100%. Don't ever worry about that

BTW, I'm violating your space and giving you a hug.

EE said...

OMG Soul...
I can't even imagine how your hubby must have felt...I probably would have passed out, making the situation worse.
Do they know what caused the seizure? When are you going to get back the results from your tests?
I am so sorry that you went through this. I hope you feel better really soon!
Many hugs to you:)

Anonymous said...

Hopefully it was the meds that caused this...unbelievable and I know Soulman was beside himself with fear...but he came thru like a trooper....and it was good that Soul Kid wasnt there....she would be panicky as well... get well and do get that much needed rest...you need your strength to recover...how shocking it was to read this....

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Just stopping by to say I hope you're feeling a bit better!!
Love,
ELizabeth
Get Well Soon!

SOUL said...

thanks ALL--

i am soo far behind. i will try to get caught up today--
but thanks so much for stoppin in, and caring!

this was the weirdest thing ever , and hopefully-- a one time thing.
i will let yall know whats up- when i know more-- if i know more--
until then.. let's hope it was just a
"cuz-i - am - me - thing???
:))

i sure don't want this to happen again!

anyhow-- i will try to get caught up with y'all pretty quick....

i sure hope you all are doing well!

ps- i hope it was a med/dehydration/ sick/ kinda thing myself!
will let ya know.

have good dayS!

Mary said...

Soul, I coludn't believe it when I read about your emergency. I thought about you all day yesterday (Saturday) while we were driving. I was thinking how I wished you were taking this trip. Yours is the only blog I checked this morning because you were on my mind. I'm glad you weren't alone. This computer isn't working very well, so I have to just say Take care of you. I'll check back when I can. My love and prayers are with you. Mary

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

You sound a tad better, hey, TAd, TAD POLE!

But, I feel I am able to ask you this, and I mentioned it in my comment field over in Crustyland, but,...now that you have a bit more sprice in your steps, did you happen to have any hot EMT Fairies?
Perhaps they can join the likes of the fishing fairies! Maybe one had a name, TAD! or TODD.

I'm off to MALLHELL,..ugh.
I'll think of you wandering the wings.
Always,
Elizabeth
Need anything from there?

Jamie said...

i hope that today is a way better day for you ---

I'm in work hell. I hope you are out in your 70 degree weather, fishing. :)

xo

Rebecca said...

glad to see you feeling better!! Have a great sunday.

Jessica said...

I am so glad you were not home alone!!!! That had to be piss your pants sort of scary. I do hope you are feeling better and you don't have to go through that ever again. I'm sure that must have been ever so scary for your husband and Soulkid too. I'm sending hugs to you all!

Blur Ting said...

Oh no, Soul. It really is shocking to hear this. I don't know what to say right now but thank god you're fine now and that Soulman was around! Oh man, if you feel really unwell in future, you really shouldn't be home alone. Maybe have a neighbour check on you or something.

Hey, get plenty of rest and get well soon ok.

Jamie said...

Where are you today? Have you had a good day..were you able to get out and do something?

I hope you are well.

xo