Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Big Bad B****

no, not that B***

i went to the doctor .. yep they did actually call me back..

i never had so many "things" comin at my face in one ten minute period in my life. geesh. some kinda wand thing -- looked like the eye things-- or the ear thing.. i didn't know if i should open my mouth-- close my eyes or RUN. man. then came the light up the nose, the ear thing, the throat thing, even a nose swab (to check for FLU)-- which thank God, i do not have.

i do have Bronchitis though. just as i thought. i can always tell, just from the way it feels..and my voice.

so-- after spending almost 2 hours there with the :


i dropped off an RX for cough syrup-- and carried my butt home with two inhalers , and a rx for antibiotics (to only fill in 2-3 days if i'm not better). hmmmm.

of course i got the smoking-- or should i say -- quit smoking -- lecture--
all i could do is nod in agreement , -- i know i should stop smoking..... maybe someday i will. today is just not that day.
so, i got home, and soulman was here, i gave him the rundown. he was pretty happy to hear that i shouldn't be contageous, but not too happy to hear that it's bronchitis. i always have a tough time gettin rid of it. it always hangs on for a while. hopefully i got it fast enough this time that it won't get too bad. ??




sooooo... i chatted with hubby for a little bit, but my head was pounding-- so i took some asperin and thera flu-- and came to bed.

then hubby brought me some :





yep-- soul - soup !

it was really chicken noodle (progresso) but it was good. him and soulkid ordered a pizza.

now my headache is finally gone, so i think i will take myself back out there, and watch american idol.
(it's half over now, but it's recording)

so anyhow-- have good nights out there peeps...

14 comments:

Mary said...

Good news that you don't have flu. Bad news that you have the big B. Good that you have a prescription. Bad that you had a headache. Good that you took meds and laid down. Good that you feel better. See, the good outweighs the bad. Am I a smart alec or what? Seriously, I'm glad you feel better and that you do not have flu.

SOUL said...

:))
cute, mary---
i'm glad it's not the flu too--
but i still feel like crap-

hope all is well at your place-

Anonymous said...

interesting.

hmmmmm.

alrighty then.
luv me

Anonymous said...

oh no...get better ! dont come down with what i've been fighting... finally climbed out of my cave today and went to work... *sigh*

The Real Mother Hen said...

Glad to hear that it isn't flu Soul.
I read the previous post earlier today and thinking, aw that isn't good.
Well, antibiotics do help. Man, I used to have bronchitis very often and heck I would drink so much whisky during the "recovery" period to make myself feel good.

Cheryl said...

Everyone's sick. It's been a tough winter. At least you know what's wrong now and you can start to get better. One day at a time. I've never had the Big Bad B.

Jamie said...

I'm so happy that you went to see "the man" as H likes to call any dr...

Hopefully you will be all better in a day or two. When do you leave for the weekend?

ttyl.

x0

SOUL said...

yep "anon" i reckon so.

hi yankee-- glad to hear that you are up and around-- or at least UP. it's a start-- hope you feel better soon.

motha -- trust me.. if whiskey was an option-- it would surely be my drug of choice at the moment!
but-- thera flu is as strong as it gets around here. :((

cheryl-- i bet you never had B-- cuz you are one of those "nasty non-smokers"
:))
hope you have a good day-- and avoid the nationwide creepin crud!

hiya jamie--
the man eh? perhaps i would call dr's "the man" too-- if they acted like they knew a damned thing in the profession!
seems i am forever diagnosing myself-- even when i pay THEM for it!
ugh.
asshats!!!!
but oh well.. the first doc of the day was alright--

try to have a good day--
don't forget to breathe!

OX
:))

Karen said...

Awww Soul, I'm so sorry I haven't been round for a day or two and I am also WAY behind with my reading.

Glad you are feeling a little better and hope you nipped it in the bud before it gets too bad. I rarely get these things so I guess I'm very lucky.

Take care and just sloth around and relax. Its the best thing you can do for yourself.

Jessica said...

Oh that does not sound like fun. I do hope you feel better soon!!!

Love your new pages by the way!!! I'll be sending you feedback and some pages of my own soon. :)

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

We have had some evil terrorist virus attacking the kids over the last 2 weeks. Mr. Cheeky and I escaped. Hope you are feeling better soon.

I popped over from Foster Communications - just incase you wondered...hehe

Rebecca said...

Glad you don't have the flu, but sorry to hear about the bronchitis. Maybe it is the viral kind that just goes away on its own. When i get it, it is the cough that lingers for freaking ever. But rest up woman, you've got some fishing to do!!

Went to the gym last night and yoga this morning, so all I'm feeling is, ummmm, sore! My yoga instructor (who I've only see about 4 times, maybe) has picked on a different muscle group each time, so i have not yet not been sore after seeing him. But what a way to start the day. Hope your Thursday is a good one. as my instructor says, namaste.

r.

Portia said...

hopefully i got it fast enough this time that it won't get too bad. ?? i hope you're not offended but that cracked me up...but i know what you mean. i'm sorry it's been an awful week, i sure hope you get to enjoy the weekend you've been looking forward to!

EE said...

So glad it's not Strep. Bronchitis sucks, though...it hangs on forever with me, too.