Wednesday, January 2, 2008

i really need a nap

i could take one.. well, no i can't. because, i am waiting for the cable guy--and a phone call.
we still have dish.. and hubby wants to keep it---- but he wants to go back to cable for the internet. because our connection is really really slooooow. and it pisses us off. and he plays x-box live a lot, and apparently if he lags on there he gets killed--and so do other people he is playing with...so ya, that i guess is not fun for him. so, no nap for me.

and would you like to know something else? i just realized... well, that is not the right word. i was just reminded. ? that doesn't sound right either. hmmm. it has just been confirmed. hmm. could that be it? i'll go with that. anyhow. y'all know the surgery jamie just had.... right? well.. y'all also know all the pain she puts up with too right? aaaand you also know that i am a cry baby about the pain i have-- that can no where compare to hers.. altho.. i do not like it anyhow. but guess what. i just ended up on someone elses page who also just had the same surgery jamie just had but like a week or so ago.... and since she doesn't like the effects of the pain meds... she takes tylenol. for that kinda pain. tylenol is like water to me. oh man. i felt like such a cry baby when i read that. holy crap.
i'm not sayin i'm some kinda drug addict or somethin. i don't even have any real pain pills anyhow. but if i did, i'd damn sure be takin em. ya know? but what i'm tryin to say, is if i had pain like they have , there is no way in this world that i would not be taking like some massive amounts of pain meds. and neither one of them are taking hardly anything.
it's one thing to not take meds because you don't have any. it's another to not not take em, when you have em, and just don't want em. don't you think?
i don't know. maybe i'm just weird. i don't know.

anyhow. enough of that.

i have been bustin my ass all day. just in case anyone cares. i finally got my back room cleaned up. my guest room actually. it ended up being the catch all room when we moved in. it had shit everywhere. and then my kid ended up pouring bags and boxes out all over the place. it was hell in here. so i got it all cleaned up, and it is now the guest room slash office slash litter box room. looks pretty good. just needs a decor now. oh i almost forgot... i got my arm trapped under the mirror trying to put it on the dresser....good thing soulkid was here--she was asleep though--i hollered for her for about ten minutes before she finally rescued me. i'll have to put a pic up later so you will see what i mean how my arm was stuck. but she came in.. "what?--oh crap!" then she picked it up and went back to bed. it was kinda funny, but i really dont know if i coulda got out by myself. i may have been there for hours if i was here alone. LOl.
ok anyhow. i better get goin the cable guy is on his way . so i don't want to be in the middle of a sentence and have to shut down.
so i shall be around later on.
have good days.
byeeeee

18 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

Haha see that you're cleaning hard over there :)

Oh I'm all useless when it comes to painkillers. Out of a bottle of narcotic pills given by doc, I only took two after the surgery, then I immediately switched to Advil. One Advil is strong enough to put me to sleep.

Anonymous said...

I went to doc 2day, sink for a week! no fever, sore throat, cough and just don't feel good. No fever so he said no antibotics. That's the trouble with alot of people. Last month Betty just 'wasn't feeling good'. took antibotic someone gave her and had big time reaction to it. Plus, today she said she went to Holly for a haircut. Holly's throat was getting sore. she told her she needed to go to the doctor and get antibotic b4 it gets bad like mine and Bo and Rocky. poor rocky still has a gruff cough! Even my doc had on a mask--he had it! hope yall don't catch== not fun!

Andrew said...

I can't take pain pills because I will take them all in one sitting. I have such an addictive personality. Satelite internet is slow. You are going to love the speed of cable. I am excited for you! Take care my Soul friend and I am thinking good thoughts for you.

Andrew

Summer said...

I love reading your posts. I'm sorry you're having pain these days. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

Jamie said...

Well holy crap, you got stuck and had to call for soul kid for ten minutes? Well, that certianly sucks, is your arm hurt? I'm happy she was home at all...you really could have been sitting there stuck and all when larry the cable guy showed up, and then he would have had to rescue you...

Everyones tolerance for pain/pills is different. I don't like pain but the pills are almost worse. There's nothing wrong with needing them...

It sounds like you were a very busy girl today. If I were there, I would do your dishes.

xo

SOUL said...

i'm tryin motha.. and that is just funny that an advil puts you to sleep...but then again.. soulman says that motrin makes his hair crawl. hmmm. that's just funny.

i hope you are feeling better.

SOUL said...

well janice.. keep that creepin crud there..sounds like everyone in arkansas is sick...hope y'all get better soon .

SOUL said...

hey there my brotha...
you're right..there is a huge difference in this thing now---i feel like i'm flyin compared to the dish internet. why do they even bother with it. i'm sure people cancel it all the time.
take care. see ya ...

SOUL said...

hey summah...
ya know.. i felt pretty good this morning.. i shoulda taken the day off, and maybe i would not hurt so bad-- oh well, you know how it is.
but thanks.
hope you are doin good.
how is your knee doin?
take it easy

SOUL said...

jamie-- yes it did hurt my arm.. not bad... just bruised it i think.. it still hurts.. but it's not like broken or anything.

you crack me up btw.. larry the cable guy rescue me.. LOL. the dumbass cable guy almost fell thru my ceiling from the attic.. he was such a idiot.. he had to call in the reinforcements!
LOL.. ok i won't be mean.
although..i could be.

nah i won't
ok.. i think i need to go to bed.
night.
ox

desert dirt diva said...

you don't have the same decorating your sis has.. god i wish when i move she would bring herself out here and decorate for me... i know what the chances of that or but its good to have dreams.lol..glad ya got moved in

SOUL said...

DD.. my bedroom is heading in that tropical direction..loooks like my back roomis gonna be nautical--i just have too much of that type of stuff to keep it in a box...the lr...still not sure---maybe lodge type? you know--rustic? hell i don't know.. i need oldys' expertise teeeewww.
argh.
take care

Rebecca said...

Sorry your arm got stuck in the mirror...that sucks!

Oh, and I hate pain meds. If I want my head screwed up, I'll go pour a few glasses of wine and have at it. But drugs scare the bejesus out of me. So, when I had my son via C-Section (because he HAD to be sitting in there like a little Buddha) I took only Tylenol. Hurt like hell, but nope, not gonna take the percasets they gave one of my LaMaz buddies. And, really the Tylenol was enough relief.

Glad you got your internet connection sped up. And to think we started out on 4.8k dial up modems, and thought that was livin' :)

SOUL said...

rebecca... you are like the third or fourth one now that's told me they had babies with no drugs... i would rather DIE!
and i actually thought i handled pain rather well. boy have i been foolin myself.
and yep.. dial up--what a joke that was eh?
anyhow have a good rest of the day...

Rebecca said...

It's a control thing...I feel more in control of the pain than the drugs. Then my husband berated me until I gave in and took his tylenol #4--with all the codeine--when I wrenched my shoulder for the umteenth time. I must be allergic because it made me feel like I was going crazy...just made my brain itch.

SOUL said...

ugh... when you said it made your brain itch... the first thing i thought of was bugs crawling in your brain.... i think i would pass on that feeling too. ick.

EE said...

Since you're in cleaning mode, get your butt over here and help me clean my house...it's a wreck!
I'm with you on pain meds...I like the hard stuff!
Is there a picture of you stuck under the mirror;)

SOUL said...

E-- no--but i bet if hubby was here-- or if soulkid wasn't in a sleep state--there WOULD be LOL
although--if hubby woulda been here-- i would not have lifted the mirror in the first place. hmmm.
anyhow-- it really woulda made for a good post pic eh?
have a great day-- even if we are runnin a week behind. :))