Thursday, January 3, 2008

back to real life today

well, when i went to bed last night i was thinking about how today would finally be life back to normal in soul land. school for soul kid, a normal work schedule for soulman, and back to my normal routine... whatever that may be. somehow though, i'm gettin a feeling that it isn't gonna be a quite so "normal" day. at least not if it keeps as it is going.

i woke up at like 3. which has been a normal wake up time for me many times before, but not for a while. at least not through the holidays. nothing has been "normal " through the holidays actually". but anyhow. i did wake up at like 3, but i woke up because, when we moved in here in this house, we stopped buying bottled water, because this place has a filtration system, and it actually tastes almost like bottled watered anyhow-- so when i go to bed now-- i just take a glass of ice water--- rather than the trusty ole bottle. right? well.... jitterbug.... for some reason, only jitterbug does this, spot doesn't. but jitterbug, drinks from my glass... i catch her often drinking , not only my water--- but iced tea as well. now tell me that is not strange--- does anyone else have a cat that drinks TEA????

ok, anyhow-- back to my story--- 3 a.m. i hear this... slurping, or lapping, sound, whatever ya wanna call it... it's dark in there, but i knew it was stupid jitterbug drinking my water... so i yell at her at get her away and off my table. but she comes back a couple times. she finally goes away. but then i'm too awake to go right back to sleep. so i'm trying, and i keep hearing the damn smoke alarm.. but it of course takes a minute to figure out wth it is too. ugh. but every thirty seconds or minute-- i hear... BEEP. ERG! finally, i give up. i just get the hell up. but, is it just that easy? hell no. i'm me. my laptop cord is all tangled in my phone cord, so i have to fight with that shit... then hubby wakes up wondering wth im doin. by then i'm all aggravated..so of course i ramble off ALL my complaints in a matter of seconds. poor hubby. HOW he puts up with me i will never know. i do bet he is glad that i go to bed early most nights though and leave him to relax alone in the living room. lol.
anyhow.. he tried to get me to lay back down, but i was too awake by then, so i just got up.. he has no problem going back to sleep when something like that happens.. noises, storms, whatever.. but me.. it's all over with. once i'm up--i'm up. so--guess what--- i'm up.

and-- it's 450 now-- and someone just called my daughters phone--i wonder wth it was. not sure if she answered or not, but that would piss me off if i was 13 on a school night. just so ya know.

anyhow.

that just blew my train of thought. and i need coffee anyhow.

damn..whoever is calling her just called again, now i hear her talking ..i'm gonna have to go bitch..she needs to sleep ...she goes back to school today.

ok... so anyhow... i supppose i will be back, when my brain returns.

31 comments:

Summer said...

I'm just like you are when I wake up, I'm up. Not going back to sleep. WTH would be calling your daughter that early?

Get some rest today.

Anonymous said...

hmmmm... whoever that UNLUCKY caller is....when you catch him / her....

Oldy said...

We used to answer calls like that a give "whomever" a bog ole lecture on rudeness. lol

Oldy said...

lol...typos or blind?? you dicide.

I wish I was going back to normal life today. but noooooo....

every day here is still like a weekend. when is this man going to go somewhere???? :)))

Mary said...

Awake is awake in my book, too. I hate it when the cat "meows" me awake and when I open my eyes she's almost nose to nose with me.

I remember being the mother of teenagers and really causing an uproar over their late night/early morning phone calls.

Plan for a peaceful nap sometime today. New pot-o-java is ready.

Golden To Silver Val said...

Sure wish things were back to 'normal' ... whatever that is .... for me too. I'm still sickly but taking a second round of antibiotics now and I am better. Whew! What a NASTY bug this is...wouldn't wish it on anyone, thats for sure. I haven't felt like posting lately either...maybe by tonight I will. We are digging out from under 12 inches of snow...guess who much I love that? My friend is into snowmobiling and squeals with delight over this white crap. Ugh!
Sure hope your day goes well. It just dawned on me why I enjoy reading your posts so much......you are REAL. You tell it like it is. No sugar coating. I like it. Stay mellow ~ Charlotte

SOUL said...

hi summah... i need a nap... doesn't look like i'm gonna get one tho. oh well. what's up in your world?

hey yankee... i shoulda pulled an OLDY i guess... but soulkid handled it well enough :))

i wasn't too sure about that OLDY-- i was thinkin maybe you were hittin the hard stuf a little early today :)) just kiddin.
and i don't know but man-o-man.. hubby has been off here for like 2 weeks too.. weird when their home so much huh?
seems like you would want yours home for a while tho--no? LOL

hi mary-- why is it men can go right back to sleep, and women are UP.. ugh! it just isn't fair is it.
i can't take a nap--almost time for soulkid to get home. then hubby right behind her. then dinner , etc etc etc... but i bet i hit the pillow by 7 or 8 ... exciting i know. :))

charlotte--there you are.. bout time you stopped by. sorrry you are still sick, but glad you are gettin better. and yes i know how you love snow. but if you hate it so much why do you live where it snows so damn much?? i just don't get it. no way in hell would you ever see me live anywhere it snowed 12 inches. ever . i would just die. i would cry constantly. everyone would hate me. then someone would kill me. it would not be good. soooo... i just would never live anywhere that gets snow like that. ever.
so anyhow.. stay warm and get better.
laterz

Rebecca said...

I never have a problem diving back down into sleep. Such a nice warm place....My cats--all of--'em drink from my glass. Doesn't bother me at all, but freaks my husband out. The only way to stop it is to bring a bottle to the bedside.

And the midnight caller must be found out and eviscerated! And if male, just shot, in my humble opinion.

Portia said...

Oh yes, these early morning posts make me feel for ya. My inner bitch would be embracing ME if I got up at 3! Sounds like a busy one, I hope it was a vedy vedy gooooood day:)

Portia said...

Oh PS, I missed you too!! No worries though, I will try again and we'll get up soon........:):):)

SOUL said...

R-- i was thinkin how serene you sounded ...until.. i got to the part where you said the kid should be SHOT! LOL.. then i cracked up. that's pretty good. btw.. it was a boy. and next time i will be talking to him. UGH.
:))

SOUL said...

PORTIA-- i AM my inner BITCH today. i feel like hell. but it's ok. kinda.
how are you. and good.. i'll be lookin for ya.. but i don't think it will be tonight. i'm gonna be crashin early tonight i hope.
see ya round
and it is almost
(SAY IT)

Jamie said...

Hey---

I missed commenting earlier today, I have no idea how, I guess when we talked, I thought i had! I apologize my soulbuddy!

You know what I think of middle of the night callers, we talked about it this morning --- remember when we weren't allowed to used the phone after 8 pm? How things have changed...

I can't ever go back to sleep either, and I hate that. H can get up, let the dog out, go all the way back upstairs and have no problem sleeping again. You are right, it isn't fair.

Have a good evening. I will "see" you in the am. :)

The Real Mother Hen said...

Your cat drink tea?
Gee, why on earth you go and get an English cat? American cats aren't good enough for you?
Just kidding :)

JLee said...

Man, I hate when one thing after another wakes you up! Last night my dog and my snoring husband did the trick. ha

The Real Mother Hen said...

Btw, if your cat drink coke too, then you really got some serious immigration issue.
And knowing you're in TX, man, FBI may knock your door pretty soon.

Rebecca said...

Oh, and, yes, if i were forced from my bed at 3am (otherwise known as Oh, FUCK thirty) my inner bitch would definitely not be so inner!

A boy calling at that hour? oooooh, no. Poor bastard just doesn't know he's gonna die, does he? Caller ID would allow me to talk to his mamma and sort a few things out!

Cheryl said...

I hate waking up in the middle of the night like that. My first thought is always, will I be able to fall back asleep. When I think that, I have trouble. I hope tonight's better for you. It sounds like you don't slow down. Get some rest, hear?

Summer said...

BTW, I used to have a cat that would drink iced tea, and eat green beans, another ate broccoli with cheese sauce and yogurt.

SOUL said...

holy crap!
happy hour was between 6 and 7... and i missed it! whaaaa....

yes jamie you did forget to comment this morning.. i was broken hearted aaaallll day... but it's all good now. :))

have a good night.. and take it easy tomorrow. you're pushin yourself too hard too soon ya know.

just sayin ...
ox

SOUL said...

motha--- you crack me up--- and no, i don't think this cat is american - or english...she's just , well, retahded! :))

SOUL said...

jlee-- hopefully you'll get better sleep tonight too then...throw hubby and the dog outside! :))

SOUL said...

LOL @ motha.. she does.. so i guess i'm just screwed!
she'd prolly drink beer if i had it around. she's mental.

SOUL said...

rebecca.. you are just full of great one liners today--- you musta got a bottle of somethin real good for christmas.. ??? :))

oh fuck thirty that's goooood

SOUL said...

cheryl that's what i do too
that or i say "oh shit i'm screwed and just get up. in fact , i should be in bed by now. i'm half blind , and feel ... well , dead.
have a good night

SOUL said...

yippee.. another tea drinkin cat... but summer.. i haven't paid much attention to her eating habits, so i don't know if she's a vegetarian or not. i do know she barfs though-- A LOT.. alot alot.

g'nite

desert dirt diva said...

go to the top of my page where it says pyzam cick on that go to blogger templates.... check out the teplates.. when ya like the one you want click on get the code.. go to customize on your blog.. delete your html. paste the code in and there ya go.....oh ...hope ya catch the kid who is calling ur kid at that ungodly hour.. my son had a gf, who would call my son at that ungodly hour.. and one morning about 6:00am.. was the last time she has ever called..after i informed her this was not alex's private line but my phone, etc...

desert dirt diva said...

p.s. i just read ur poem.. it was great...lol

Blur Ting said...

I like my life to return to normal too. Holidays just throw all routines and schedules off. I am a light sleeper too. I wake up several times a night just to go back to sleep again (sometimes not immediately) and I wish I can sleep like a log (like all men!)

EE said...

Well, who was it on the phone???
I have the funkiest sleeping schedule...it drives my husband nuts! I can relate;)

SOUL said...

E-- it was some BOY.. that she knows who thought she was still on break..didn't know she was goin back to school.
he asked her-- "uhhhh, why are you asleep?"
she says ... umm, maybe because it's it's FIVE in the morning???!!!" and hung up on him. LOL

she really cracks me up at times.. then other times she makes me CRACK UP
you know how it is :))

take it ez